Project Onyx | Issue 4 - Halloween Event 2007 Edition!

Skill_Caster

projectonyxdl8.png

Tuesday, October 16th, 2007 - Project Onyx - Happy Halloween!!!

onyxgreybulletvf5.png - HAPPY HALLOWEEN '07!!!!

onyxcontentuo0.png

onyxredbulletfu7.png - Headline News - "HAPPY H'WEEN!" - Written by Skill_Caster

onyxbluebulletzk9.png - Short Story - Resurrection: Part 1 - Written by Skill_Caster

onyxgreenbulletbj6.png - OnyxExchange - Currently 3 Items In Stock

onyxblackbulletwd4.png - 'The Stories of the Half Crazed Author... Cheshka Xewleer!' - Written by Xewleer

onyxtealbulletmd1.png - [section For Sale] - If you are wishing to hold a long-term series on Project Onyx, PM Skill_Caster.

onyxyellowbulletlm3.png - [section For Sale] - If you are wishing to hold a long-term series on Project Onyx, PM Skill_Caster.

onyxgreybulletvf5.png - If you are wishing to submit a Guest Article to be published on Project Onyx, PM Skill_Caster.

onyxarticlezp2.png

Headline News - 'HAPPY H'WEEN!'

When I hit the homepage, the moment I got home, I was instantly filled

with excitment! The Halloween 2007 event had been released! That also

meant I was given the honor of writing the fourth issue at light speed!

Sadly, I was greeted with a 'Arrrrrrrg.' as I logged on. Just my luck.

After pulling through the evil Prison Pete event, I teleported to Falador

and bolted down the pathway! On my way there, I saw those who had

already batten the event...sporting their new Grim Reaper hoods!

First, you are sent to fetch the last servant's skull in the Grim Reaper's

garden. It's not that hard to find, it's in the middle, completly north. You

can't miss it. I guess then, you start out really easy.

Next, you have to do some cleaning (although, the Grim Reaper warns

you, if you tell anyone what you find in the diary, you die. So, in order

to keep the surprise...and our lives, we're skipping the instructions for

this section :P).

*You notice someone...erm...slip an anonymous note to the editor*

Sharpener goes in the cabinet.

Grim's Robes goe in the fireplace.

Eye (ewww...) goes on the shelf.

Voice'o'Doom Potion goes on the bookshelves.

Last Will + Testamate goes on the sofa.

Bones goes in the Reaper's Chest.

Lastly, the hourglass goes in the fishy tank (fish tank).

[Long pause]

Ok, hello. I'm your new editor for this issue. So, after you get done with

the cleaning, your next task is to proceed up the staircase (creepy) and

you lastly must test the Grim Reaper's new obstacle course. Ha. No, we're

not kidding. It's pretty simple...

1. Slide down the slide *weeee*

2. Jump around on the springboards.

3. Jump in the UIL (unidentifiable liquid)

4. Climb out.

5. DO NOT STEP ON THE PITFALLS. unless you want to repeat the course and step into that disgusting liquid again.

6. Repeat the course one more time.

Once you do that, you get the hawt hood, a hawt emote, you die,

and you're off! Congratulations! You've completed the 2007 H'ween

event! We wish you all good RL Halloweens also! To all a good

fright!

Short Story - Resurrection: Part 1

The girl looked up from her reflection in the water, still unsure if what

she was about to do was safe. She had stumbled upon an ancient

chamber, deep, deep below the earth. And here, in the middle of a

dark, cold, large, empty space, stood a fountain, it's water smoothly

flowing down the many parts.

There was certainly something odd about the fountain, however. In

one part of the fountain, where the water trickled least, had a strange

symbol etched into it. It read, in an ancient language the girl was only

able to barley translate;

"Here I lay

Beneath the fountain of slay

Awaiting for the right time to come

that I shall rise from my tomb

And rule once again."

The mechanism was quite simple, there was a small knob near the

symbol that blocked the water from flowing down an alternate route

that lead to a small crystal embedded into a chamber.

The girl was no fully herself. She would never had pulled it, out of fear,

even if her life depended on it. But something inside of her, that possessed

her, made her reach over and turn it...

The knob switched the water's direction and it began to flow down the

tube. It began to fill the egg-shaped glass at the top, which, at the tip

of the egg, laid the crystal.

Once the water filled the glass and touched the crystal, insanity broke

lose.

The ground shook with extreme force, sending pieces of the wall across

the room. The chamber was going to collapse into itself.

It happened at once. The room filled with a green light, blinding even

the most sophisticated magic scrys. All was frozen, the walls crumbling

halted, like an Indiana Jones movie that had been paused, the water

stood in place, like a freeze-frame photo shop.

And, the most strangest of all things happened. The girl did not feel

guilty, nor scared, nor any other emotion. She felt like a completely

different person.

OnyxEnchange - 3 Items In Stock

Attention! All item requests must be made via Tip.It PM. Any other form of communication (in-game PM or in-topic reply) will be ignored)!

Food/Drinks

Cooked Trout (400qty) - 50gp each (20,000gp total)

Cooked Lobster (800qty) - 240gp each (192,000gp total)

Woodcutting/Construction

Teak Log (1400qty) - 300gp each (420,000gp total)

Combat/Mage/Range

Chinchompa (500qty) - 200gp each (100000gp total)

Miscellaneous

Loop End [Half Of A Key] (3qty) - 25,000gp each (75,000gp total)

'The Stories of the Half Crazed Author... Cheshka Xewleer!'

Feature! Simoun Simula!

This is an explanation of Tech and such of the world my story takes place in! I'm doing this so I can spend time on the story instead of explaining things and cluttering it up! (note, I will add reminders at the bottom of the stories...)

Weaponry: Physical: Mainly swords, spears, all manner of meelee weapons imagined and not quite practical. Swordsmen (Women) are very respected in society. Some can be powered up with gems, more on that later Range: Bows, crossbows, and everything in between, again, some are powered by gems, more on that later.

Gems: gems are the most common type of power in this world, each has a different effect and a couple can power airships and the like. A couple prominent are, Diamond (photon power/beam) ruby (flame) Topaz (shielding) Garnet (break shields). Historically, when the first settlers came onto this continent (the others are lost to history/taboo) they noticed the gems there had great powers. Through a series of scientific accidents, they discovered how to most efficiently make and use them. Now gems are used every day, but these are manufactured, natural gems are more powerful, but more expensive.

Airships: main form of long distance transportation in this day and age. They are as varied as our cars and more powerful than the Bismark and Yamato, sometimes bigger to, in the case of the Exile (not in this story) The Pirate vessels are small and powerful, they are built for raiding, mostly, except for a couple, which have the big guns! These would normally be for Pirate captains who are over other captains. I will describe them when it comes time.

Pirates, and other shadowy organizations:

Pirate: pillagers, plunderers, this takes place in their hey-day, they consume about 50% of all alcohol on the planet. use airships instead of seagoing ships.

Assassin's guild: A shadow guild, no allegiance except money, have thirteen super powered members that are given the toughest missions, they are all crazy, however. Mentioned only.

Willowscent: A horrible place, all people from here have major morality issues, their dream is to at least conquer the continent, leading to many attempts. No one trusts anyone from here as a general rule, there are few, if any exceptions.

Archadia: most powerful nation, its leader is called the Mystro, who is always female. A lot of its land is made up of cities, resembling Coruscant in some places. It has the most powerful Airship navy. Their ranks are similar to the ranks of those in the British navy.

Skyhunters: Shame on you Shame on you that would be spoilers?

Note: Gunpowder exists, but more powerful than ours, it is highly taboo to use it, and is destroyed on sight, even by those who are evil.

There are other things, but this is generally what you will need to know before reading.

Thanks for reading everyone! ::' It really is great to be back!

tipitsig.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this back! As you already know, I'll help as much as I can!

Also, are the sections for slae advertisement places or places for weekly articles and the such.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Cool ::'

Yay !! Its Back :P

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Finally the Onyx times are back. I used to enjoy reading the old Onyx times, and I hope that the new ones will be as good as the old ones, or maybe even better?

The only thing I don't understand is the name. What does this Pok̮̩̉̉mon got with RS to do? onyxthumbnailyw8.gif

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Finally the Onyx times are back. I used to enjoy reading the old Onyx times, and I hope that the new ones will be as good as the old ones, or maybe even better?

The only thing I don't understand is the name. What does this Pok̮̩̉̉mon got with RS to do? onyxthumbnailyw8.gif

Oh hehe...it's not Onix, it's Onyx (the most popular and most expensive gem in Runescape; black/shiny obsidian jewel in RL.)

tipitsig.png

Another newspaper!

Yes!

I quit reading the tribune because they made fun of mining <.<

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Oh hehe...it's not Onix, it's Onyx (the most popular and most expensive gem in Runescape; black/shiny obsidian jewel in RL.)

[hide=Wikipedia - ONYX]

Onyx is a cryptocrystalline form of quartz. The colors of its bands range from white to almost every color (save some shades, such as Purple or Blue.) Commonly, specimens of onyx available contain bands of colors of white, tan, and brown. Sardonyx is a variant in which the colored bands are sard (shades of red) rather than black. Pure black Onyx is common, and perhaps the most famous variety, but not as common as Onyx with banded colors.

Image 1Image 2 (non-Black)

[/hide]

May I ask, How did you Make the Project Onyx banner, its Hawt! ::'

Oh and i LOVED the short story! Very nice :thumbsup: Will it continue next time, or be a new one ?

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

[hide=Wikipedia - ONYX]

Onyx is a cryptocrystalline form of quartz. The colors of its bands range from white to almost every color (save some shades, such as Purple or Blue.) Commonly, specimens of onyx available contain bands of colors of white, tan, and brown. Sardonyx is a variant in which the colored bands are sard (shades of red) rather than black. Pure black Onyx is common, and perhaps the most famous variety, but not as common as Onyx with banded colors.

Image 1Image 2 (non-Black)

[/hide]

May I ask, How did you Make the Project Onyx banner, its Hawt! ::'

Oh and i LOVED the short story! Very nice :thumbsup: Will it continue next time, or be a new one ?

It will be continued, and yes, I made the banner! :D

tipitsig.png

onyx is not just part of pokemon runescape.

onyx is an actual gem stone in real life, it is black and when polished on jewelery it shines.

misconception that things in pop culture are solo to that specific thing, i recall someone talking about a humunculus being related to full metal alchemist only... not true, but it is a very obscure thing to know.

onyx is not just part of pokemon runescape.

onyx is an actual gem stone in real life, it is black and when polished on jewelery it shines.

misconception that things in pop culture are solo to that specific thing, i recall someone talking about a humunculus being related to full metal alchemist only... not true, but it is a very obscure thing to know.

I think it was a joke... =D

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Not to be the one who's not like yay yay it's back :D \:D/ , but I don't get it. What's so great about a newpaper. I mean I don't have much room to talk because I wasn't here when it was around, but is it at all different from other newpapers? Is it just stories and stuff? Don't get me wrong I'm not insulting it, but why is it great I mean it's just well I don't know a newpaper. I'm probably confused, but didn't really understand what it was.

Signatures are useless. That's why I have one.

benx53.png

Average level 49.13 going for 50!

Not to be the one who's not like yay yay it's back :D \:D/ , but I don't get it. What's so great about a newpaper. I mean I don't have much room to talk because I wasn't here when it was around, but is it at all different from other newpapers? Is it just stories and stuff? Don't get me wrong I'm not insulting it, but why is it great I mean it's just well I don't know a newpaper. I'm probably confused, but didn't really understand what it was.

More of a web portal than a newspaper, Project Onyx was created to differ from the other standard newspapers of Tip.It, providing interactive services that enhanced player's enjoyment of the game by accessing easy access to resources (such as OnyxCast and OnyxExchange). Project Onyx is actually the Successor to what once was the first Tip.It newspaper, The OnyxTimes.

tipitsig.png

onyxgreybulletvf5.pngNew Content for Tuesday, October 16th. 2007

• [*:2jfwng53]We are very grateful to know have a new member on the team, Xewleer, who will now be running his own creative literature section. Looking forward to it! :)

[*:2jfwng53]A new load has arrived at the OnyxExchange section, so be sure to rummage through there to see if there's anything you like!

tipitsig.png

Xew is part of your staff? Now me and Randox are gonna be competing against a fellow detective (check one of the earlier additions with the interview with KChughes for explanation on what i just said). Very good, though I feel like TGT got slightly demonized, maybe i'm just being paranoid.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Another newspaper!

Yes!

now you're just judging us for ONE article. ONE!!!

On topic: again, good portal edition.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

More of a web portal than a newspaper, Project Onyx was created to differ from the other standard newspapers of Tip.It, providing interactive services that enhanced player's enjoyment of the game by accessing easy access to resources (such as OnyxCast and OnyxExchange). Project Onyx is actually the Successor to what once was the first Tip.It newspaper, The OnyxTimes.

Sounds really cool. So it's a newpaper but also has interactive sources. So is there like some sort of website to go to to get the interactive links and stuff. From what I know it has short stories and a marketplace ( without anything in it- no offense just a statement). But even after reading your post like 3 times that's about all I could find. Lol I'm sorry, but it sounds pretty cool cause everyone says it is so I just want to understand better what it is. :D

Signatures are useless. That's why I have one.

benx53.png

Average level 49.13 going for 50!

Another newspaper!

Yes!

now you're just judging us for ONE article. ONE!!!

On topic: again, good portal edition.

uhm...glad its back? i dunno

Look guys, don't worry about Master_Smither, just one reader who cant take an opinion. Not our problem.

good luck Skill_ i'll be Pming you

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Another newspaper!

Yes!

Seems I have to keep clarifing things today. :)

Our article in no way made fun of mining. It also didn't beat down the accomplishment of all those out there who have it. I personally love mining and smithing, and think it is one of the biggest accomplishments for a non member to get it leveled high. All our blah writer was specifically saying, is that if you are tying to get it there for the money you make for rune ores, you might want to rethink that. Sorry if his writing seemed a little blunt and the context not clearly explained. It was his style of writing, and I totally respect that.writting, and I totatly respect that.

~leaf

Sounds really cool. So it's a newpaper but also has interactive sources. So is there like some sort of website to go to to get the interactive links and stuff. From what I know it has short stories and a marketplace ( without anything in it- no offense just a statement). But even after reading your post like 3 times that's about all I could find. Lol I'm sorry, but it sounds pretty cool cause everyone says it is so I just want to understand better what it is. :D

At the current moment we don't really have many interactive services, we're just trying to 'lift off' the ground again :).

tipitsig.png

I'm writing the intro for the story thats going to be on it! Glad to be a part of it!

The intro will be just an explanation of things in the story, like mechanics and such.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.