Who is Jesus?

74gto

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum really has turned into forum.jesus.it.

The scary thing is, I used to think the forums were rather ungodly...

I'm pretty sure they still are for the most part.

Because only the agnostics or atheists are making such flames.

The internet has always been hostile towards religion in general.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Zack, Age 18

edit: Jesus - He is censored. :(

(MOD EDIT: Offensive Image Removed - Jake Corsair)

I like how an image of Jesus on a cross is censored when it's put into a joking context, but it's cool to hang them all over everything in sight as long as you're not having a good time.

Yay!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Zack, Age 18

I like how an image of Jesus on a cross is censored when it's put into a joking context, but it's cool to hang them all over everything in sight as long as you're not having a good time.

Yay!

Well at least someone saw it :lol: .

All last week they had jesus comics on Cynide and Hapiness, hehe. :D

Zack, Age 18

Yay!

It was removed for the same reason the Danish cartoon of Muhammad is banned on this forum. It's tasteless and violates rules.

There's a difference between having a religious symbol, and making fun of it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Zack, Age 18

Yay!

It was removed for the same reason the Danish cartoon of Muhammad is banned on this forum. It's tasteless and violates rules.

There's a difference between having a religious symbol, and making fun of it.

It violates rules here, indeed, but only when it offends people of religious faith. I once had a Bible quote in my sig and it was removed because "religious stuff isn't allowed", but people of faith get to keep theirs. Nice.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I can safely say you used it in a manner demeaning or offensive to Christians. That's why.

Untitled.png

I can safely say you used it in a manner demeaning or offensive to Christians. That's why.

How safe do you feel at the moment? Not very, I'd wager.

My sig said, and I quote:

"Truly I say unto you, All their sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter: but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin: because they say, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâHe has an unclean spiritÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

- Me!

Jesus is a teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth; his life and sermons form the basis for Christianity (circa 4 BC - AD 29). WordWeb is your friend :D

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

Age 15, Victor.

He Was Awesome.

wardockunder30kbla2.gif

Thanks Ronnii :D

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

I, Jenni Fame, age 14, believe in Jesus Christ, and believe that He was the son of God and He was sent down to earth to die for our sins so we may live with our Heavenly Father forever and ever and ever etc.

::'

Emily, age 14

That's what I've been told to believe in my whole life, but I'm having second thoughts. (Every teen in my extended family has gone through a little phase where they stop believing in organized religion.) I'm starting to think deeper into it, to the point where I'm questioning the very mantras I've been forced to say every Sunday and Holy Day since I was able to talk. The only problem? I'm literally damned if it turns out to be real. So right now I'm flip flopping.

souryw6.png

Emily: Would you rather live in fear, for the rest of your life, in something that might not be real, or take a chance and taste freedom in this lifetime?

(My arguement is coming from a strictly non-religious point of view. I'm not trying to put you off or encourage your belief in any way, that's not, nor anyone else's, place to do so).

I, Jenni Fame, age 14, believe in Jesus Christ, and believe that He was the son of God and He was sent down to earth to die for our sins so we may live with our Heavenly Father forever and ever and ever etc.

::'

Emily, age 14

That's what I've been told to believe in my whole life, but I'm having second thoughts. (Every teen in my extended family has gone through a little phase where they stop believing in organized religion.) I'm starting to think deeper into it, to the point where I'm questioning the very mantras I've been forced to say every Sunday and Holy Day since I was able to talk. The only problem? I'm literally damned if it turns out to be real. So right now I'm flip flopping.

If that's how you think, then I'm cool with that. I respect your beliefs, along with everyone elses. But keep this in mind, Christianity is not matter of belief, but of faith.

hgbl3.png

Now I'm not saying she's a golddigger, but she ain't messing with no broke skiller.

Alex :15,

I belive Jesus was a real person, who belived there was a God and he set up a religion with his wife Mary Magdaline and his disciples. I do not belive he was the son the of God, but he was one of the most influential people of the last 2 milenia.

Also he was the first communits.

"All men are free"

"all men are equal"

Sounds like Stalin, or Gordon Brown :P

Well, actually, I just can't see how one person's life can let the rest of the world live happily ever after for thousands of generations.

wardockunder30kbla2.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

...if you call the world events from Jesus to Now "happily ever after" you are either naive, stupid, an idealist, or drunk...

That's the point I'm trying to make.

wardockunder30kbla2.gif