Who is Jesus?

74gto

Hello everyone, i am doing a project for school and i need to ask some people the simple question, who is Jesus? All i would like is your first name, state whether you are a child or adult, and your opinion. :D Thanks!

]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus is the mortal follower and prophet of the Christian God. Whether he had connection with God, or simply thought he did is irrelevant.

ÃÆââ¬Â¡Ãâürik, 16, has studied world religions.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

First Name - Joe

Age - 16

Opinion - I personally think that Jesus was a real person, although not the son of God. I believe in a higher Being, although whether he/she has, or ever will have had his/her actual flesh and blood walk the Earth is a different story. I am a Roman Catholic, but it's mostly forced upon me by my parents.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I guess your talking about Jesus the Nazarene, not that i know of any other. I believe that he was the son of God, and that he died for the sins of man. I expected an argument to arise in this thread, not that i can take online religious arguments seriously anyway.

Peter, New York, 16.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I'm 20, studdying archaeology. Jesus was one of the dozens of self-proclaimed Jewish messiahs who were running around Israel at that time. He became too popular for the Romans to control so he was crucified. His followers tried to keep his cult alive, which would end up to be Christianity as we know it today.

Name: Gustaf

Jesus was a jewish carpenter. He quit that though and now he's gonna be a judge someday. I owe that guy a lot, but he says I don't. I do believe him, so I'm kind of eager to meet him.

untitledyw7.png

He became too popular for the Romans to control so he was crucified.

Not like it matters, but wasn't the real reason that he was crucified for treason? Due to preaching about "My father's kingdom", (aka the kingdom of god, or heaven), he was crucified for treason against the Romans, who thought he was talking of loyalty to another country, or planning to revolt, or insubordination to the Roman Empire. That's what my history teacher said, at least.

sig2.jpg

Warren, Illinois, 13

Jesus is real. Whether you're a Christian or not, there is evidence to prove his existence. In ancient rome, a writer named Pliny the Younger wrote a series of letters to the emperor at the time, Trajan. These letters contained Pliny's suggestions on how to deal with the Christians, who followed Jesus (he then went writing facts about Jesus). In his letter of response, Trajan praised Pliny on how he planned to deal with the Christians. Right there, a non-christian source has proven his existence. Whether you believe he's divine or not is your opinion.

And about that Jesus's tomb stuff-- where's the evidence? DNA? Where'd it come from? The cross? what cross? have we found it yet? Did everyone forget that both Jesus and Mary ahd their bodies taken into heaven? Is there some kind of graffiti in the tomb saying "Jesus wuz Here"? How do we know it's HIS tomb?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Name: Gustaf

Jesus was a jewish carpenter. He quit that though and now he's gonna be a judge someday. I owe that guy a lot, but he says I don't. I do believe him, so I'm kind of eager to meet him.

:-s

Kostya, age 20

I think Jesus was God manifested in physical, human form, and erased humanity's sins by sacrificing himself.

=D> @ Korskin. Interestingly put.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

First Name - Reb :P

Age - 17

Opinion - I personally think that Jesus was a real person, although not the son of God. He was a great teacher and precedent, but he wasn't supernatural. I believe in a higher Being, although whether he/she has, or ever will have had his/her actual flesh and blood walk the Earth is a different story. I am a Roman Catholic, but it's mostly forced upon me by my parents.

Edits bolded :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

First Name - James

Age - 18

Jesus is the nickname of Southampton central defender Alexander Ostlund.

%7B27F4EDF3-2EFA-48FC-B757-71EC788E9F51%7D.jpg

45950.jpg

cup22_gallery__266x400.jpg

I win. :P

Joshua Kennedy, he plays soccer/football for Australia. "And the Lord will cometh to help those funny sounding Aussies get into the World Cup after 32 years in the hands of satan. :pray: "

I'm 20, studdying archaeology. Jesus was one of the dozens of self-proclaimed Jewish messiahs who were running around Israel at that time. He became too popular for the Romans to control so he was crucified. His followers tried to keep his cult alive, which would end up to be Christianity as we know it today.

Wrong: He was crucified by the Sanhedrin as a blashphemer. The Romans were pressed into it, wanting to spare his life. Some were even skeptical and believed he might be some being of higher power.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I, Jenni Fame, age 14, believe in Jesus Christ, and believe that He was the son of God and He was sent down to earth to die for our sins so we may live with our Heavenly Father forever and ever and ever etc.

::'

hgbl3.png

Now I'm not saying she's a golddigger, but she ain't messing with no broke skiller.

look how many people misspelled teh word 'teh' in this thread, nearley every post theres a 'teh'

How does it feel to be an April Fool?

Yeah, they got me. I just figured it out in this post when he asked that question :P.

Best April Fools Joke ever, and I like the distraction with the fake Tip.It pages.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I, Jenni Fame, age 14, believe in Jesus Christ, and believe that He was teh son of God and He was sent down to earth to die 4 our sins so we may live with our Heavenly Father forever and ever and ever etc.

::'

Oh, and agreed. Even the smiley.

Untitled.png

look how many people misspelled the word 'the' in this thread, nearley every post theres a 'teh'

Oh, man. Thanks for the laugh guy.

I agree exactly with Reb.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Jesus is a man who's image has been skewed and stretched by fictional writings over the years.

I'm not very religious. I don't believe that Jesus is a God. To me, he's a man who lives and dies like the rest of us.

Dave, 17