So im back....what has happened in the past 5 or 6 years.

Nobody2016

Hi everyone

Ok So i havnt logged into Runescape for about 5 or 6 years. I think shortlly after the new runescape (I used the old one too). The last time I logged in I was about level 60-70 and had comepleted quite a few quests. I have a feeling something about new houses or jobs was just coming out? Im not a member right now but I would like to start playing again. But I would like to know what has changed since I was last on there. Im assuming quite a lot but the main massive things would be good to know. Thanks

Moved to Help & Advice :).

The biggest thing is the Evolution of Combat, which revamped all of combat. There is now an action bar with 12 slots, tied to hotkeys. You can put abilities on the bar to use in combat, as well as items for use in skilling (though the options are limited here, you can't drop items with a 'craft' option for example).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A lot of quests has been made and a few have been remade to fit with the lore of the game. Speaking of lore

[spoiler=If you care about lore or anything don't read]

Runescape has moved into the 6th age and will now be moving toward player decisions affecting game play following the event surrounding the death of a god.

There has also been a slew of minigames added that provided for easier experience and a challenge system made to teach player the best or alternative training methods for skills. Doing them rewards you with more exp when given. And then you have SOF where you can earn or buy spins to earn an assortment of prizes off a wheel, from skill lamp, money, costume items, lower level armor/weapons and super rare high level items. SGS (Solomon's General Store) is mostly just for cosmetic/fun stuff like cosmetic packs and cute pets.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

You can literally read every update done in the last 5-6 years here. The last one it seems you were around for was construction being added.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Err...okay.

Few large updates:

Grand Exchange was added 26-Nov-2007

PKing and Wilderness was heavily modified 10-Dec-2007

Free Trade removed 1-Jan-2008

The above two were re-installed 1-Feb-2011

Evolution of Combat installed on 15-Nov-2012

Crap-ton of quests. Few new skills (Construction, Hunter, Summoning, Dungeoneering) and one or two more coming this summer.

Special attacks were removed. Armor updates made armor all ugly. Moving around is awkward. Tons of new items were released. You missed out on a lot.

Like someone else here said, you should just play 2007Scape. You'll be most familiar with it: oldschool.runescape.com

The changes since you've gone are so many and massive that you wouldn't recognize the game. At all. :P It's much closer to League of Legends than '07 RS.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Err...okay.

Few large updates:

Grand Exchange was added 26-Nov-2007

PKing and Wilderness was heavily modified 10-Dec-2007

Free Trade removed 1-Jan-2008

The above two were re-installed 1-Feb-2011

Evolution of Combat installed on 15-Nov-2012

Crap-ton of quests. Few new skills (Construction, Hunter, Summoning, Dungeoneering) and one or two more coming this summer.

Special attacks were removed. Armor updates made armor all ugly in my opinion. Moving around is awkward in my opinion. Tons of new items were released. You missed out on a lot.

Like someone else here said, you should just play 2007Scape if you try the new changes and decide that you don't like the game the way it is now. You'll be most familiar with it: oldschool.runescape.com

The changes since you've gone are so many and massive that you wouldn't recognize the game. At all. :P It's much closer to League of Legends RS3 than '07 RS.

fify

• Like 2

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

When I started playing again after a few years I just started doing tons of quests to get the feeling again. This way you get the touch with the small mechanics of the game as well.

I would do the same if I ever start playing again. It's been only 10 months now since I last played but I hardly recognize the game from what I see in screenie topics etc :P

You might try the new combat system in Dungeoneering. You get to know dungeoneering and when you screw up and die you lose nothing, so good practice if you haven't played that long.

07scape of course is also a viable option..

(I also find it funny to see that, although much hated and supposedly ruined the game, no one mentions SoF as a major update. Small size because no intention to rant or anything)

Unis vers l'Uni

Metuse.png