Soul Wars

caption

I am not sure if there has been a topic about this already or not. If so then sorry, and feel free to lock/delete mine.

By now I am sure everyone is aware of Soul Wars, I was informed last night sadly. Soul Wars seems to be a modified version of Pest Control in my opinion. The main difference though is you are not granted anything. In Pest Control the games were lasting 30secs-1min at a time if you were on a good world. That was 1token per minute, so if you were good enough you could easily gain 60-70 an hour, with the occasional 100per hour. In Soul Wars however, each game last 20mins with a 3min delay between games. If you win you gain 3zeal, if you tie you gain 2zeal, and losers gain 1zeal. I have spent most of my online time today at the Soul Wars and have gained a significant amount of experience easily. I am 119F2p Combat and I am close to gaining two complete levels(1defence and 1hp).

Back when Pest Control was released Damage Inc was number one; however, Dark Slayers were on the move and with their group of 'Pc Prods' like people may call them they soon grew on to #1 with their levels. Ds was always a threat, but never a dominate contender. Now once again Damage Inc is back on top of the world(for the most part) and a new terror has been released by Jagex. This time it could have a deeper impact.

Before Pest Control the top 10-20(Not 1-10) had average combats from 110-117. Now even clans outside of the top 20 have a 120+ Cmb average. Could it be possible for it to grow any higher? Time will tell......My question is the following:

[u][b]Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages?[/b][/u]

[u][b]Has your clan already experienced such an effect?[/b][/u]

goldcrown.gifPk Leader of Last Hopegoldcrown.gif

.::Recent Lh Wars::.

15v15 Against Rune Raiders(Victory, 8 ending)

15v15 Against Genesis Knights(Victory, 9 ending)

Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages?No the game is boring, slow exp, and far from legit rewards(other then hp exp)

Has your clan already experienced such an effect?

Nope,my clan average is quite low rather then 120+

And tbh i don't think PC was the reason of the jump, people would evenetually rasie there levels, sooner or later it just cataylized it.

o hi

There are ways to gain 100k+ xp an hour in melee stats, with less effort than soul wars.

You can also just dump your character at god wars with guthans on and go to bed and come back with 800k xp gained, with no randoms there, and permenant aggression.

Clans outside the top 5 and have 125 combat average, and more than 1 are very close to a 99 hp average. Levels mean very little in rs these days and haven't for around a year, as the game gets easier and easier. It's all about who has the most members, not who has the highest average.

Soul wars hasn't and won't effect clans, basically.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

I need to redefine my point as I forgot to make it clearer in my first post. Attack, Strength, Defense of course are pretty much useless to train at Soul Wars; however, Range/Hit Points/Prayer are actually very quick and cheap ways. I believe Soul Wars is the easiest way to obtain 99HP without worrying about anything else. It is also the cheapest way to do prayer for those players who do not want to spend millions on 99prayer.

I think the amount of high level prayer, range, mage, hit points will increase more. It may not be shown as much within the top 10 as PC was, but it will show up within clans similar to: Triforce, Eclipse, 3xtermination, and other 25-35 ranked clans. The clans smaller than that will not worry about it and the larger clans already have their high levels and won't be obtaining much more.

Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages? No.

Has your clan already experienced such an effect? No.

Funny post to read though.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages?

No.

Has your clan already experienced such an effect?

Nope.

Seriously, aren't people complaining that soul wars is useless?

22031_s.gif

I am not sure who would say that Soul Wars is usless. It is the fastest way to gain HP experience I have ever seen(Even more so then PC). Attack, Strength, Defense are pointless to train there. Range/Mage/Slayer are also very slow and almost not worth it. Prayer is only worth it if you want to save your money and not buy bones.

HP is probably the most useless of the combat stats, given that you assume you'll train your others and it's basically free from that.

I had about 15m hp xp before I was even max melee lol, and that was 100% on npcs.

Clans like damage inc might get bragging rights from a 99 hp average, but it won't ACTUALLY help more than a 96 hp average would. Stats stopped playing roles in fights about 2 years ago, assuming you aren't fighting some rank 50 clan with a 113 combat average.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages? No

Has your clan already experienced such an effect? No

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages? No

Has your clan already experienced such an effect? No

pan.png

• 2 weeks later...

No to both questions.

The below information is in response to some of the replies I have read regarding Soul Wars worthiness.

Soul Wars and my brief summary of the rewards:

Attack: Not worth it. Salve(e)+whip dominates this.

Strength: Somewhat fine since I don't want to use guthans/sarasword/d scimmy for it.

Defence: Not worth it. Salve(e)+whip dominates this.

HP: If you can't stand multitasking (such as controlled whip training) then yes. But honestly it's for the pures and the impatient.

Magic: Worth it if you don't want to waste your real life time alching/lunar or waste tons of money barraging/bursting things.

Range: Worth it if you don't want to waste your real life time kniving/cannoning or money chinchomping.

Prayer: It's only worth it at the end levels but it can still be quite the money saver at 70-90.

Summoning: I only buy charms if GE trends for a certain pouch goes up.

Slayer: The amount is so low... I personally don't like it. But I do know of two types of people who go for this: Non-combat Skilling accounts and those 90+ slayers who would rather kill players for zeals over completing repetitive tasks.

Gamble: Not worth it. For those pures who are poor I guess.

Pets: Decorative purposes only. Since they upped the pet limit, why not?

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

• 2 months later...

While most of you have pking or skilling clans and so may not have many members who do the soul wars game let me tell you of the great xp from the game.

it is not, as stated here, bad for str, att and def. how can 924k xp (at lvl 98) for 100 zeal be bad?

you should really try it before judging. the game itself can be alot of fun with a good group, very challenging, a group that works together can do rather well.

I myself got 86 - 99 mage in a few weeks, now at 96 prayer and expect to be 99 next week. My combat was 128 not that long ago, 135 now. alot of my friends and members are now over 130.

My clan is a soul wars clan and the quickness of the members gaining cmb, mage and range lvls is amazing. I realize this thread is old and i hope by now your clans have seen the result of members gaining lvls quickly.

ladykalvin/founder of Demonslayers

btw i'd happily advertise for pk clans for a return ad.

dspat-1.png

Well I don't know about the clan community but on a personal it has great effect free xp back in 06 07 people use to spend alot of money alching and took them very long time , now u get it in 1-2 weeks from 70 magic to 99 for free..

mosthated2.jpg

red.gif?t=1251559872

bestflamer2.jpg

Do you believe with the release of Soul Wars that clans will again jump combat averages? Yes

Has your clan already experienced such an effect? Some

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

While most of you have pking or skilling clans and so may not have many members who do the soul wars game let me tell you of the great xp from the game.

it is not, as stated here, bad for str, att and def. how can 924k xp (at lvl 98) for 100 zeal be bad?

you should really try it before judging. the game itself can be alot of fun with a good group, very challenging, a group that works together can do rather well.

I myself got 86 - 99 mage in a few weeks, now at 96 prayer and expect to be 99 next week. My combat was 128 not that long ago, 135 now. alot of my friends and members are now over 130.

My clan is a soul wars clan and the quickness of the members gaining cmb, mage and range lvls is amazing. I realize this thread is old and i hope by now your clans have seen the result of members gaining lvls quickly.

ladykalvin/founder of Demonslayers

btw i'd happily advertise for pk clans for a return ad.

Wow, as an F2Per, I am really stunned by the growth of yor clan.

Seems I was wrong about Soul Wars, anyone here know of any clans that had a huge jump in levels.

I can't say much for PKM, seeing that we always advance in levels.

22031_s.gif