Clan member vs Guest/Ex Members

Pan_Nx

Here's the situation, your clan member and one of your ex members (who is partially active in your clan's irc but is not liked by the majority of the clan) get into a debate/flame war. Who's side would you take/who would you inflict offences on?

So the questions..

[b]Who's side would you take/who would you remove from the chat if the flaming was equal? Why?:[/b]

[b]What if your ex member was the one taking most of the flames/insults and your member was the one dishing the most out, who's side would you take? Why?:[/b]

Explain why/why not as well.

pan.png

Who's side would you take/who would you remove from the chat if the flaming was equal? Why?:

I would take the side of the person who is correct. Why? Because it is correct.

What if your ex member was the one taking most of the flames/insults and your member was the one dishing the most out, who's side would you take? Why?:

I would take neither side and hand out punishment according to the offenses they have committed.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Who's side would you take/who would you remove from the chat if the flaming was equal? Why?:

I would personally ask both members to leave to cool down, or simply mute the clan chat for a little bit whilst trying to find out the whole story. The only time I'd kick someone is if they are wrong and continue to flame, you have to have trust in your clan members to make the right decisions and not flame back and instead let a moderator/leader deal with the situation.

What if your ex member was the one taking most of the flames/insults and your member was the one dishing the most out, who's side would you take? Why?:

I would hear both sides to the story, before taking any sides. I would only pick sides if someone is clearly correct, I like to take evidence from other members to make sure there are no liars. However, I would most likely punish both, or at least warn the clan member about a possible demote if the flames are bad, but if someone was to lie about it when telling the story, then they would receive the bigggest punishment and I'd lose trust in them, therefore taking the other persons side.

New account: Jack

Who's side would you take/who would you remove from the chat if the flaming was equal? Why?: Member. They are the one who will show up for events etc. Ex member/guest isnt benefiting your clan.

Kb the kid that is least liked.

tpr.gif

Who's side would you take/who would you remove from the chat if the flaming was equal? Why?: The ex-member, Clan > non-clan.

What if your ex member was the one taking most of the flames/insults and your member was the one dishing the most out, who's side would you take? Why?: I would pick em both up the collar and knock their heads together, this way they'll stop and I can get some peace.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Who's side would you take/who would you remove from the chat if the flaming was equal? Why?: The clan friend would get removed, no question.

What if your ex member was the one taking most of the flames/insults and your member was the one dishing the most out, who's side would you take? Why?: Publicly I'd tell both of them to shut up. Privately, I'm tear the member a new one for acting like an idiot.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

The member's . He at least deserves more respect seeing that he stayed in the clan

The ex-members. People that flame shouldn't belong in a clan anyways.

22031_s.gif

Flaming is never equal, but I would take the side of the person that is right. However, I'd give for example the clan member a warning but I'd give the non-member a (temporary) ban of IRC.

I would warn both, and talk to my own clan member. I think it's important that clan members respect the opinion of ex-members, and think a bit out of the box. Others can also have good opinions.

signature4s.jpg

If the ex-member is someone who left the clan to join another then we wont even let him in our irc lest he tries to recruit for his new clan.

If the ex-member is someone who retired from RS or from clans in general then I would just tell him members takes priority over ex-members and that hell have to leave. As harsh as it might sounds, he is not worth the clan feud even if he is not the one at fault.

090831004444.png

I would kb both until they calm down.

This on both occasions, I think this is the policy in BK and if the current member was doing most of the flaming and it was worth taking action over then action would be taken on that member, BK has kicked a member for flaming an ex member in the past.

I don't care if someone is in the clan or out the clan, I refuse to show bias, if you're out of order then you will be called on it as far as I am concerned. Not that I am in a position to take any action any longer :oops:

Do you want to love me?

I look at the entire facts of the situation and inflict punishments accordingly. Most of the time, I'll just talk to them to try to calm it down, especially if it's equal blame to both. It isn't really fair banning the non-member if they are both equally accountable because it would just make the rest of the clan feel like they can get away with anything.

j0xPu5R.png

• 3 weeks later...

As a High Council member of my clan, one of our primary directives are to ensure the peace on the CC. If the flaming was equal, we'd remove the ex-member, while applying a possible punishment to the clan member (maybe even removing him from the chat). I'd kick the ex-member because that's the only thing (apart from talking him out) that we can do to punish him for flaming us. Since we can apply other measures to our current members (such as increasing clan's blackmark) kicking him out of the chat would be only taken as an extreme measure.

I'd ask the clan member to stop, and if not heard, kickhammer on him (with possible blackmarks), since flaming IS against rules, no matter where they come from.

On a side note: We don't "take sides" on a flame war. Our duty is to apart the flaming ASAP, by any means necessary, even if it includes kicking/muting/blackmarking a friend.