Run Forrest Run

Nobody

With the new update to Agility in and out of f2p, the rest option, and your character stopping when you eat food, How will this affect PVP fights? Specifically, PKRIs, PK trips, wars, etc?

Original Post

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

That was a glitch, you can now eat when you run. However the agility no longer in f2p is still current, but it will be an annoyance at best.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

As a f2p player...THANK GOD AGILITY IS GONE!!!

I'm sick of anti-tanking not mattering because you can run farther than me :shame:

I doubt that resting will be used much in organized wars, since it takes you out of the war completely.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

I can see the rest option being used in actual BH World pk trips/pkri's when things get scattered and certain groups take some time to recharge.

Then again the Explorers Ring is more than enough for pkri's and such, so resting may not be that prominent.

Still can see people sitting while everyone is battling it out, lol.

I can see the rest option being used in actual BH World pk trips/pkri's when things get scattered and certain groups take some time to recharge.

Then again the Explorers Ring is more than enough for pkri's and such, so resting may not be that prominent.

Still can see people sitting while everyone is battling it out, lol.

However, the explorers ring:

A) Only give 150% run energy per day

B) Will be lost upon death. People returning to battles won't want to have to go get it each time.

A likely result of this will be that the run energy is used during regroups. At some points a clan will regroup and it only makes sense to use it then.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

People who can tank before this update really won't be affected--they know how to conserve their run and plan accordingly. In PvP fights you're generally more spread out due to tanking so you won't have a big opportunity to use the Rest feature, or you'll be sniped to death by rangers.

hzvjpwS.gif

And to think I was planning on getting 99 agility this summer. I even got it all the way up to 75. Oh well, agility has now returned to being another useless skill for me.

How will it affect warring? Obviously, people who had high agility won't tank as well anymore.

090831004444.png

And to think I was planning on getting 99 agility this summer. I even got it all the way up to 75. Oh well, agility has now returned to being another useless skill for me.

How will it affect warring? Obviously, people who had high agility won't tank as well anymore.

This only affects f2p wars, it's still effective in p2p, perhaps more effective.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I'm guessing fights will become longer because everyone's run energy will run out much faster.

If run energy runs out faster, wouldn't that make fights shorter? It's easier to bind and pile a walking target than it is a running target.

hzvjpwS.gif

Exactly, it's also easier and faster to kill someone when you can run rather than walk.

It's going to be interesting to see which clans try utilizing rest, and which clans do the best job. Being able to run longer than your oponent would be a huge advantage.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

I'm guessing fights will become longer because everyone's run energy will run out much faster.

If run energy runs out faster, wouldn't that make fights shorter? It's easier to bind and pile a walking target than it is a running target.

Not if EVERYONE'S run energy is gone. :P

j0xPu5R.png

Having had several pkris using the new system I can confidently say that I preferred the old implementation of agility in f2p worlds. As somebody with 80+ agility for quite a long time now I'd grown used to how fast my run energy would restore and also how long it lasted for. It's now like having an agility level of about 40, which is quite frustrating after the hours I've spent training the skill with this sole purpose.

My frustrations aside, the impact of it is mainly on tanking due to how fast run energy degrades. If I was piled at the greater demon hut by 150 opts at 100% run energy I would previously die with about around 10% run energy left. Now, I will run out of energy at about the same time that I hit second halves of pizzas which translates to a very very high likelyhood of dieing within seconds of that happening.

It also effects dragging. Say I was piled at east tree and intended to get to spider hill and then south to red dragon gate, I could achieve that under the old system but now I would run out of energy just north of spider hill.

These changes basically mean that the difference between how an excellent tank and a mediocre tank lives for is brought closer together, as even the best tanks can do little when on 0 run. Staying on the main pile with high run is fine still because your run drains faster but you can rest to compensate, but you can't rest while tanking which is why the change lies there.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

It has been fairly tough to adjust from having a high agility level where my run would restore rapidly, to having a very slow restore rate for my energy. I'm sure we'll get used to it soon, but I've been usng the rest function 2-3 times per fight recently and it seems quite nice. Even in small fights, it's useful to do if you're away from the opposition because it's an easy way to boost your run up rapidly to keep you moving. If you keep it high, it's still possible to escape enemy piles and drag, although with less desirable results.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

You can't rest in combat so snipers now have an extra function: hitting people resting so they can't do it.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

The playing field is now leveled, which reinforces the necessity of binds to help conserve run energy for tanking. I did train Agility to 99 for the sole purpose of having the added liberty of not having to keep a close eye on my run energy during fights, and unfortunately it no longer plays any sort of role within F2P, that which I am currently.

gladz.png

As an F2P player, I am really glad that agility is no longer effective in F2P. It really makes everything even in wars. It also changes it up a bit for everyone involved in a war such as trying to stop players from resting and gaining run energy back, etc.

Well..i'm f2p/p2p. so i'm not happy about this...took me ages just to get 38 agility..now its useless.

Shame on you jagex :( but i am a good tanker so not much of a difference was made. i still do notice the difference in time from 100% energy to 0% energy before and after updates. a big difference :(

• 4 weeks later...