Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stev

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stev

  1. Arguable. I do believe bot developing is risky business due to getting banned, the very rare successful lawsuit, etc... But I would never say it's entirely wrong. That's just my view, though, and'd be happy to say my reasons. :P.
  2. 2 Torva Full Helms, 1 Dragon Claws, 1 Bandos Hilt tonight. Meh.
  3. Nex and Corp tonight! Maybe a side of Armadyl! Feel free to hop in and ask for the FCs. I'd also like to mention, the majority of people guest our CC. We don't expect people to become members and we actually hop for more guests then members. We want to be the people you hop into the CC for a few minutes, say, "Bandos, anyone?" and we can set you up with some people and an FC. We may only have a few members so far, but at points in the day our CC scrolls twice. For just being created, that's not half bad. =).
  4. We've been having some insane luck at corp lately. In just over 3 days we've seen 6 sigils: 1 Elysian, 2 Arcane, 3 Spectral. We, and our approved guests, went to Zammy with the TMHT and had an awesome time! We're not always about making money, which is what I believe is great about the TMHT; It's mainly about fun. No huge profits, but it's a break from the efficiency trips where everyone's ell-bent of making GP. :P. Zammy is the perfect example. There were 46 people, an excellent crowd, lots of friends, a great get-together which also put some change in everyone's pockets. :). Armadyl been a stingy ****, but Bandos has had it's share of payouts. :). We plan on Nexing over the next few days with some of the usual Armadyl and Corp. On a side note, don't forget about the 2nd Zammy event by the TMHT coming up! If it's as fun as the first, you won't regret going! Most of PvMS and it's regular guests will be asleep so go keep 'em company!
  5. Probably a reference to the upcoming Transformers Universe game. That had to be the worst trailer/teaser video I've ever seen (The link). Makes me not want to play it at all, TBH. Looks like an extremely boring game...
  6. The TMHT event today was fun. I missed a screenshot of a Zamorakian spear though...
  7. I loved the video! Took me way back (even the music). Looks like an awesome group of people!
  8. Ofc you don't need to! Any member of DGS is welcome! Just feel free to hit us up and suggest any boss hunts!
  9. If the monster has a specific slayer drop the ring shines every kill. No, the something wrong was that he was picking up 44 coin drops. :P. Jk jk m8, to each his own. :).
  10. Lol, saw on XP-Waste that there was talk of a new Jad which would cost a fire cape to even attempt... So I spent days just getting capes and fell in love with doing caves. Then, in each dev-blog was no mention of a new Tzhaar or fight caves. Started to think it was just a rumour. Finally! I know I (may not) have wasted my time! :P.
  11. Ahaha, you didn't read the chat of that screenshot, did you Jer? :P. Great to have you as a leader!
  12. Clan Chat: PvMS Created: Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 Administrators: il Alwayz li, il Foreva li, Jeremy841, x EiDoS x, Tzhaar-Thar Website / Our Home: Http://Www.XP-Waste.Com Recruiting / Guesting (Multi-clanning): Yes / Allowed Applying for PvMS: If you are interested in joining PvMS: Head on over to XP-Waste Go to the PvMSweepers subforum or simply click here Check out the application template thread or the several applications already posted! Drop Log: The following is a drop log of our official events starting January 25th, 2012. Armadyl Total: 2x Godsword Shard 1 1x Godsword Shard 2 3x Godsword Shard 3 0x Armadyl Helmet 0x Armadyl Chainskirt 0x Armadyl Chestplate 1x Armadyl Hilt In order: Bandos Total: 5x Godsword Shard 1 5x Godsword Shard 2 4x Godsword Shard 3 3x Bandos Boots 7x Bandos Tassets 3x Bandos Chestplate 3x Bandos Hilt In order: Corporeal Beast Total: 4x Spectral Sigil 3x Arcane Sigil 1x Elysian Sigil 0x Divine Sigil In order: Nex Total: 1x Zaryte Bow 0x Virtus Mask 0x Virtus Robe Top 1x Virtus Robe Legs 2x Torva Full Helm 1x Torva Platebody 1x Torva Platelegs 2x Pernix Cowl 1x Pernix Body 0x Pernix Chaps In order: Saradomin Total: 0x Godsword Shard 1 0x Godsword Shard 2 0x Godsword Shard 3 2x Saradomin Sword 0x Saradomin Hilt In order: Tormented Demons Total: 1x Ruined Dragon Armour Lump 2x Ruined Dragon Armour Shard 0x Ruined Dragon Armour Slice 23x Dragon Claws In order: Zamorak Total: 0x Godsword Shard 1 0x Godsword Shard 2 0x Godsword Shard 3 3x Zamorakian Spear 1x Zamorak Hilt In order:
  13. hhhhowoowowwwwww wateven.... 387 deflected?????????? Absorbed.
  14. Who saw this coming, raise your hand? :P.
  15. Question: Why the [bleep] are you wearing blue? :P.
  16. That's completely possible. I'm simply going by what I know and my experience that it really shuold have worked. They very well may have threatened/baited him and he caved in - we'll never know. I spent years on a game that was around 10 years... Not that I was on the team that entire time. I helped develop and maintain a game called Wulfram and WulframII by BoltAction and Bent Habermier. For the non-Java ideas, I have evidence, not just ideas. These, Jagex could not fix and my information couldn't help them. It's simply way of using and manipulating Windows in a way that allows you to interact/monitor an inactive/'not viewable' game applet - possible to run more then one at a time... Even through the Jagex client. The only way for them to find and detect this method, they'd have to use software such as PunkBuster or Hackshield... Which is very easily bypassed anyways.
  17. Do you have any evidence of this regarding Jac because the last time I asked no-one could actually provide any. Rumour is one thing, fact is another. What proof do you have of this? Just like anything else in computing someone could easily devise a system to try to avoid detection. However it’s never undetectable. The minute someone comes out with something, a solution can be devised no matter how long it takes. Were you in the same batch that said these bots could never be stopped the last time? Physical proof, none. I spoke to him, we exchanged a lot of thoughts and I'm not one to screeny each one of my conversations. From a coders perspective, what we spoke about should have worked. I never asked to try or even see the result as I've not been in that department for years, although I'm more then certain it would have. I was not for or against bots, as they really don't bother or affect me. I simply share my ideas, knowledge, and experience and let those who'll listen benefit from it. :P. I've spent more of my time writing hacks for FPSs like Battlefield, WarRock, CA, etc, then I have spent playing RuneScape, but when ever they updated and were able to detect our hack we had a new one out and working within minutes. I know, a different area, different language, yadda yadda... But it took Jagex over 9 years to finally break 2 methods. I was one that doubted they'd be able to break injection/reflection, yes. I didn't expect an update as large as they did; no one did. Mind you, the way they implemented it was terrible; laggy game play, slow to play, etc. However, I've known of other ways for bot clients to work for quite some time (knowledge isn't bannable), just lacked interest to pursue or spread them. They will take off in time, once other people grasp them, but until then enjoy RuneScape while you can still cut your yews and kill your avansies. Not a threat, I'm simply confident they'll return.
  18. Was fun! A few of us stayed to trio/duo/and then help a few noobs get theirs. Was definitely worth it!!
  19. I feel terrible for bumping this over the TET Farewell, but it's about to start. Come one, come all!!
  20. Depending on the input methods, there's nothing they can do to detect them. Say they started tracking mouse movements... There's already functions available which could get around that. These bots can be completely randomized to where they are entirely human-like. They're designed to make intentional mistakes, click anywhere in an objects W and H, select random colors/patterns, etc. I strongly, for many reasons, believe these bots, provided they're written properly, will be a bigger task for Jagex to tackle then the inj/ref. Real men use pattern recognition. :P.
  21. Jac was able to do it in under 2 weeks, mind you, with a lot of help. If the same group banded together and actually put a good deal of time and thought into it... The shoe'd be on the other foot. ;). There are ways to get their clients working again, and few people do know how to do this, it's just time until that information reaches the wrong hands. :P. But didn't Jac hand over his/their work to Jagex? Therefore using that same method wouldn't be possible, as I would presume Jagex have setup a system to prevent it? Or at least will if it becomes a problem? 2 things: Like I said, Jagex knew the exact method behind injection reflection for so long and it took them years to bust them. What makes you think they'd have already broken the method he used? I'm not sure if they've already got a system to prevent it... I've not discussed it with him since about 2 weeks afterward. Jac had two weeks and was able to find a method which worked. These people have endless amounts of time to create and come up with different methods. Even 'screen-scraping'/pattern recognition can get very advanced. You can still run multiple clients on one machine using scraping. Resource usage would equal, or be only very slightly higher, then the previous Java clients.
  22. Jac was able to do it in under 2 weeks, mind you, with a lot of help. If the same group banded together and actually put a good deal of time and thought into it... The shoe'd be on the other foot. ;). There are ways to get their clients working again, and few people do know how to do this, it's just time until that information reaches the wrong hands. :P. Even so from what we've seen Jagex can legally obliterated these people AND with the bot nuke in place the bots will have to be far more intrusive to work thereby making them easier to detect and much easier to sue the ass off under DMCA etc. So its more a question of do they think its still worth it/are they dumb enough to risk it. I believe Jagex got very lucky in this case. However, as was said previously, it will be easier for them now that they can reference this case from now on. You may think making them more 'intrusive' will make them easier to detect but that's not always the case. There's always methods for anti-cheat/anti-ban. Jagex knew the method behind injection/reflection for years and yet they themselves couldn't detect them and took 9 or so years to break them. Bots will return; in smaller numbers at first but it's only a matter of time. I guess the main thing holding the developers back would be the actual 'fear' of risking it. EDIT: Or they just may not really care anymore. They had a good run and won for over 9 years. I'd be happy to walk away with my wallet filled and head held high. :P.
  23. Jac was able to do it in under 2 weeks, mind you, with a lot of help. If the same group banded together and actually put a good deal of time and thought into it... The shoe'd be on the other foot. ;). There are ways to get their clients working again, and few people do know how to do this, it's just time until that information reaches the wrong hands. :P.
  24. He had a lot of help and took it all as entirely his. -.-

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.