Everything posted by Arceus
-
Now that random events are long gone, how does Jagex deal with macroers?
I would say a fair assessment is that a good bulk of people on TIF are very high level/maxed/comped whatever, especially if you weight by how much they actually post. Besides on RSOF you usually get several people who don't even read your post and start spouting off irrelevant comments, among other issues...I can totally understand the rationale for not posting there. I don't even read it much myself, even though I used to. It's not completely redundant though, because different groups of people can post on different forums for the same general subject.
-
Good VS Evil
574. Devnull, have you no shame? Have you not considered the consequences to the other dimension?!
- Count Up
- Count Down from 30k
- Good VS Evil
-
Count Up
523. *still staring open-mouthed in shock*
- Count Down from 30k
-
Superior Robe Bottems
So you have the Void Knight armour patch, you use it on elite void knight armour robe, and nothing happens? Can you turn your game messages filter to 'on' and see if it's printing a message? EDIT: I think this may be the problem. You can upgrade them from regular -> elite -> superior elite, however you cannot go from superior -> superior elite. So if you go regular -> superior you get stuck. It's stupid but I think that may be the hangup, unless Wiki has incomplete info. Was mistaken, either order works (see below).
- Count Down from 30k
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
No, those are discontinued. And they were untradeable anyway :P. I think you just buy the costumes for some small sum of GP these days.
-
Count Up
521. He should I mean, he's a really nice guy once you get to know him! :-D
- Good VS Evil
- Count Down from 30k
- QUESTION! I AM IN PANIC!
-
Now that random events are long gone, how does Jagex deal with macroers?
As far as I know, the giant hand is still in-game, just a matter of catching it doing its work ;).
-
If dragon shortsword was released, would anyone honestly care?
I guess it could be released for completeness, but it would have to be either a rare trophy item or just become more junk to alchemy lol.
-
Now that random events are long gone, how does Jagex deal with macroers?
The main points were: a) Bots could solve random events or avoid them anyway. It's simply redundant to assign everyone to do random events as a way to catch bots when bots can solve the puzzles just as easily as humans. Although I still kind of miss them, they were cute.. b) Jagex developed a new system called BotWatch that nominally detects these bots and bans them automatically. The system had a few infamous flaws, but I guess they have it under control now. The omnipotence of botting has definitely diminished a bit (from what I can see) since they had random events though. I remember there would be 10 different spambots at the G.E. spamming RWT websites or 40 different people at yews...maybe they've just moved on to other things though.
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
So 6 frog-people came up to me today and...no this isn't a joke...
-
2nd 99 - HP/Constitution
Congratulations! Do you have any plans to go for another 99?
- Today...
- Today...
-
Lv 90+ weapons (also works as an item sink) and lv 90 type pvp armour
That is a rather large if, but yeah, good point.
- Good VS Evil
- Count Down from 30k
-
is there a penguin guide on forums and if so where is it?
Yeah it's on the front page, but I don't think it's been updated for this week yet :S