Herblore

The_Dragon_Reborn

I want to get 17 - 50 Herblore (Trying to round off my skills a bit). Ive heard that in order to do this, you should make the best potions possible. Well, If I make the best potions possible I lose, tons of money. I've decided to make one potion, and one potion only, until 38, and then Prayer Restores from then on.

If I make Strength Potions (3) I lose:

544 Tarromins - 600 ea

+544 Limps - 600 ea

+544 Vials of Water 200 ea

1400 gp per Potion made.

Selling them at at 250 gp per dose, I make 750 gp per potion, thereby losing 650 gp per potion, and in total - 353.6k and gaining only 21 very low levels.

What should I do? Make Strength pots, and lose 363k? Or, make something else, get levels faster, but lose more potential money?

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I don't know why you rule out gathering the resources yourself. Farm or Miscellania or kill monsters or stuff for herbs.

Same with secondary ingredients.

Tears of guthix each week for you.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

My farming sucks (only 21). I can grow my own Tarromins, but Farming just takes too long for me. Killing monsters would take too long for me too.

What is Miscellania? Am I a noob, or just ignorant?

Tears of Guthix is good. How often can you do it again?

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Try at least to buy the vials from the general store. A little effort with world hopping when buying them from ardy general store should do the trick.

Oh, and check out "manage thy kingdom" for some information about miscellania.

My farming sucks (only 21). I can grow my own Tarromins, but Farming just takes too long for me. Killing monsters would take too long for me too.

What is Miscellania? Am I a noob, or just ignorant?

Tears of Guthix is good. How often can you do it again?

misclelnia is the place from @throne of MIscellania' quest which u can get workers to gathers resources such as wood, coal and herbs for you if you go each day. They work harder if you pay them and talk to them

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Thanks for the tips guys.

I knew about the Ardy General store selling Vials of Water, I just forgot, lol.

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

Personally I suggest one of the following:

Buy plant cure (Catherby farming shop is the closest to a bank) and empty it and voila, vials. Cheap too.

OR,

Use a games necklace to the Barbarian Outpost. Go north to the lighthouse and buy vials there on the second floor. He carries up to 100 of both water filled and empty. All you have to do is buy them, use the necklace back to the outpost, and use the deposit box and run back until you're out of charges or vials to buy.

It goes very quick, as it's mostly unknown and usually full of vials.

making serum 207 is the cheapes cause u just burn logs to get the secondary

note: u need to start shades of mortton to make this

Actually it wouldn't be cheaper than Strength Potions. Unlike Str Pots, you can't sell Serum 207s, so you'll be straight-up losing about 500gp per potion. In total you'll lose 950k this way.

icecube7.jpeg

Just FYI -- I buy my vials on Brimhaven and Shilo village. They have 50 at a time and they add up quick that way.

Tarromins are easy to grow... Just before you log off every time just run/telly to the different farms and plant em. Then when you log on you have some that will have survive and some that will have gone to "herby" heaven. It's hit or miss, but the seeds are easy to come by or at least they aren't too expensive and you won't wasting time watching em grow. :shock:

Actually it wouldn't be cheaper than Strength Potions. Unlike Str Pots, you can't sell Serum 207s, so you'll be straight-up losing about 500gp per potion. In total you'll lose 950k this way.

If you use your doses on the people who walk around mortton they either give you some cash , herbs or shade keys. So you wouldn't be losing as much as you think.

Also the serum is a lot easier to make, as ash is very common where as limpwurts aren't too easy to get, as well as costing money.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If you use your doses on the people who walk around mortton they either give you some cash , herbs or shade keys. So you wouldn't be losing as much as you think.

Also the serum is a lot easier to make, as ash is very common where as limpwurts aren't too easy to get, as well as costing money.

You're going to have about 1.9k potions and 3x that many doses? I don't think many people have the patience to use them on top of collecting ashes for the secondary.

It is a great way for experience, I used it myself, but in terms of cost, it's more costly than other methods.

icecube7.jpeg

Well, so far I've bought about 300 Vials of Water at Ardougne. I need some serious answers though. If I buy Tarromins, I only need 550 Vials, but if I do Combats, I will need near 1,000.

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I did strengths for a good deal of my herb training:

I gathered my own herbs, made my own vials, and traded the finished pots (start with around 50, so you'll need 50 limps) on f2p for limps in the hill giant dungeon. Worked pretty well ^.^

You make no money, but you dont lose anything but time.

Well, I have just over 400 Vials, bought from General Sotre (12 ea or less I think), and 486 Tarromins (500 ea from player).

Now all thats left is 450 Limps, and I should have near 35 Herb.

dragonrebornkr1.jpg