New bones and construction exp

chris1216

Apparently some monsters now drop new bones (curved, long) that you can sell to a goblin in dorgesh-kaan for construction exp and money.

This thread is to gather some numbers on those bones.

A correlation seems to exist between monsters that drop big bones and these new bones.

Bone name:

Monster:

Construction Exp:

Cash:

Other notes:

So Far:

Curved Bone

Desert Lizards, Trolls, Fire Giants

2250 construction exp

2000 coins

Long Bone

Cave Horrors, Ogres, Cyclops, Fire Giants, Trolls, Nail Beast (mossies and other giants?)

500 construction exp

1000 coins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These kinds of updates make me glad I only started playing runescape two weeks ago so I can fully take advantage of all of these new additions they add for people who are actively training.

Oh wait. I started years ago and got no bonuses for training, and wait, I'm not glad, I'm moderately annoyed. For what possible reason do they add these kinds of things? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering for what possible reason would they add something needless like this?

Runescape has been and is trending towards easier training to better appeal to younger players. There's nothing we can do about it, and whining doesn't get us anywhere.

Keep posting those bones people! These rewards look NICE

hmm is there a construction lvl requirement? And how often are these bones dropped? And are they tradeable?

30 construction requirement.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Bone name: Long bone

Monster: ogre

Construction Exp: Havent tried yet

Cash: havent tried yet

Other notes:

Help me cast spells donate 3k or runes every 15min to The kuks

These kinds of updates make me glad I only started playing runescape two weeks ago so I can fully take advantage of all of these new additions they add for people who are actively training.

Oh wait. I started years ago and got no bonuses for training, and wait, I'm not glad, I'm moderately annoyed. For what possible reason do they add these kinds of things? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering for what possible reason would they add something needless like this?

Construction came out relatively recently, so a RSC-vet and a RS2-product have equal grounds to complain here (so long as you've been playing since its release.) But, when you first started there was no Construction skill, or anything like it. To get a decent level in Construction, you need to spend handfuls of GP. To answer your question, they've added this to allow the less-wealthy members of RS a chance to get a respectable Construction level.

Construction came out relatively recently, so a RSC-vet and a RS2-product have equal grounds to complain here (so long as you've been playing since its release.) But, when you first started there was no Construction skill, or anything like it. To get a decent level in Construction, you need to spend handfuls of GP. To answer your question, they've added this to allow the less-wealthy members of RS a chance to get a respectable Construction level.

I mean in general on a larger scale how jagex tends to always do things like this to all skills, this is just another example. I can understand what you're saying though. I just think it's kind of random for them to tie combat training directly with construction xp. And by the way, for people training on them now, about how often are those dropped out of curiosity?