New bones and construction exp

chris1216

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering for what possible reason would they add something needless like this?
Well, for this specific item, I think it's a purposely alternative way to raise construction, albeit not too effectively. While high level cons is definitely intended as a gp sink for the game's economy, this allows people who can't afford to train the skill to get some xp here and there.

the%20zephyrus.gif

The%20Zephyrus.gif

Click (above) for my blog!!

runemcw,the%20zephyrus.gif

As long as the bones are

a) Not tradeble

B) Do not give to much experience

c) are not all to common

I have nothing against them. No buying uberfast experience via the bones (can't think of a reason why people would bother though)

As long as it is not training slayer AND training construction at the same time. And as long as it is not free levels per bone pl0x. I am perfectly happy :XD:

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

These kinds of updates make me glad I only started playing runescape two weeks ago so I can fully take advantage of all of these new additions they add for people who are actively training.

Oh wait. I started years ago and got no bonuses for training, and wait, I'm not glad, I'm moderately annoyed. For what possible reason do they add these kinds of things? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering for what possible reason would they add something needless like this?

I'm guessing the reason they add new ways of training that are easier than the old ways, is that when they add new ways of training that are worse than the old ways, all of you old timers complain about useless low level updates. When they don't add anything, the old timers complain that the game is stale and boring and needs updating. When they add new ways of training that are better in some respect, people complain that RS is getting too easy.

I really have no sympathy for anyone who's gotten rich over the years through appreciation of the value of rares, and still complains about new players have it easier. I know I wish I'd started 5 years ago ~_~

I really have no sympathy for anyone who's gotten rich over the years through appreciation of the value of rares, and still complains about how the game is easier nowadays. I know I wish I'd started 5 years ago ~_~

I started 5 years ago, but I never made any money off of rares. The game is definitely easier now, and it sucks.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Bone name: long bone

Monster: fire giant

Construction Exp:

Cash:

Other notes: can't cash or bury cause acc I got it on was my pure.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

These kinds of updates make me glad I only started playing runescape two weeks ago so I can fully take advantage of all of these new additions they add for people who are actively training.

Oh wait. I started years ago and got no bonuses for training, and wait, I'm not glad, I'm moderately annoyed. For what possible reason do they add these kinds of things? I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering for what possible reason would they add something needless like this?

I'm guessing the reason they add new ways of training that are easier than the old ways, is that when they add new ways of training that are worse than the old ways, all of you old timers complain about useless low level updates. When they don't add anything, the old timers complain that the game is stale and boring and needs updating. When they add new ways of training that are better in some respect, people complain that RS is getting too easy.

I really have no sympathy for anyone who's gotten rich over the years through appreciation of the value of rares, and still complains about new players have it easier. I know I wish I'd started 5 years ago ~_~

Chris, let me know if you don't want further discussion on this thread and I'll stop replying, if you want it to be a respond only if you have data kind of thread.

Flammacor, I know exactly what you're talking about, and it can be a frustrating thing, the concept of no matter what jagex does people seem to complain. But my opinion is that if they had done it right in the first place there wouldn't be these kinds of problems and nothing to fix in the first place. I'm not saying I don't want updates to skills - I do. I think skills should be expanded upon in different directions, which is completely and entirely different than giving drops that you can trade in for xp if you spend enough time training a different skill, or skill additions that replace older leveling ways or make them obsolete(not in reference to this update). While it's convenient for some people who are too poor to raise construction, to me it seems pretty ridiculous.

That quip about rares wasn't really called for. Through playing I've learned time is the only thing that can buy xp. I might have a high networth, but to me my hats are only worth what I initially paid for them - not much. I have the money to buy high skills but not the time, so the hats aren't as useful as you'd think. I doubt I'll ever sell them and they haven't given me any 'unfair advantage,' while new players are able to get double the xp in half the time using half the resources or none at all. I like wearing my hats and there's nothing more to it than that, so don't presumptuously play the "everyone's balanced out because you have hats and we didn't" card.

Again, Chris, just let me know.

Flammacor, I know exactly what you're talking about, and it can be a frustrating thing, the concept of no matter what jagex does people seem to complain. But my opinion is that if they had done it right in the first place there wouldn't be these kinds of problems and nothing to fix in the first place. I'm not saying I don't want updates to skills - I do. I think skills should be expanded upon in different directions...

I've played a lot of other mmo's. I prefer the balancing job in RS to any of the others. It's a bit odd, considering those other games cost 100x as much to produce. I suppose by eschewing traditional classes and keeping skills fairly separate, they made it a bit easier. Still, I can't really feel your criticism of jagex unless you can let me know what other companies they should be emulating.

That quip about rares wasn't really called for. Through playing I've learned time is the only thing that can buy xp. I might have a high networth, but to me my hats are only worth what I initially paid for them - not much. I have the money to buy high skills but not the time, so the hats aren't as useful as you'd think. I doubt I'll ever sell them and they haven't given me any 'unfair advantage,' while new players are able to get double the xp in half the time using half the resources or none at all. I like wearing my hats and there's nothing more to it than that, so don't presumptuously play the "everyone's balanced out because you have hats and we didn't" card.

I'm totally not playing that card. If you personally don't sell your hats, you didn't get rich because of the inflation of rares, so that doesn't even apply to you, and I never claimed it did. If the card doesn't fit, you must acquit :P I guarantee you, that if I had a phat somehow I would use the gold to get xp faster, and that I would be far from the first to do so. There have been interviews in the tip.it times quoting famous players who've done just that. Anyways, though I'm totally not playing that card, if I were to play something like it, it wouldn't say "everyone's balanced out because you have hats and we don't", it would say that's it's completely imbalanced in favor of older players, who not only have massive wealth from rares but also have just been playing longer, and can now take better advantage of the current easy conditions than new players can. ~_~ I'm not complaining, I just think it's crazy that old players complain about new players having it easy. I mean, if they think it's so easy being a new player, they're free to delete their 126 account in favor of a fresh lvl 3, and live it up on easy street. Right? I guess I personally think new players have it tough, if they're trying to compete against 5 year veterans, which makes the game more fun for the new players. In the final analysis, no matter what had happened in the past 5 years in terms of new players and jagex's changes, people would still complain about RS's slow degradation, for it is ever true that nostalgia overwhelms reason in the contemplation of an MMO's past.

So at this point, can it be definitively stated that these are the xp values?

Curved Bone

2250 construction exp

2000 coins

Long Bone

500 construction exp

1000 coins

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I really have no sympathy for anyone who's gotten rich over the years through appreciation of the value of rares, and still complains about how the game is easier nowadays. I know I wish I'd started 5 years ago ~_~

I started 5 years ago, but I never made any money off of rares. The game is definitely easier now, and it sucks.

Exactly its all getting too easy and unapealing.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

Exactly its all getting too easy and unapealing.

I, for one, don't see it as getting too easy and unappealing. I feel that JaGeX is just trying to make the game more spaced out, and they're trying to make there be different ways to do different things. It's what puts RuneScape apart from all of the other MMO's. And if you don't like how "easy" the game is, why do you play it?

MOmmonja.png

SWEET! Free construction exp! No more paying extreme amounts of money to get it higher than lvl 14!

Does anyone know if they're a fairly common drop?

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

From what I noticed at the cyclopses, they are most likely a rare drop.

This makes it not the slightest bit viable as a construction training method, but a GREAT sweetener for fighting monsters of the giant or lizard-y persuasion.

I just got a long bone from a level 141 nail beast in the Burgh de Rott ramgble. Just as with other creatures who has been reported to drop long bones, the nail beasts drop big bones.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Runescape has been and is trending towards easier training to better appeal to younger players. There's nothing we can do about it, and whining doesn't get us anywhere.

I disagree... look what happened to the Barrelchest anchor... nerfed before most people even did the quest. Then came TONS of whining and they dropped the fee from 700k to 230k and upped its stats about 10-15% as well.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

long bones from ice trolls on neitiznot or jatizso or whatever the island is

xp: 1500

coins: 1k

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

I've played a lot of other mmo's. I prefer the balancing job in RS to any of the others. It's a bit odd, considering those other games cost 100x as much to produce. I suppose by eschewing traditional classes and keeping skills fairly separate, they made it a bit easier. Still, I can't really feel your criticism of jagex unless you can let me know what other companies they should be emulating.

It doesn't matter who they should or shouldn't emulate, my only point is that when updating skills they should add on additions, not introduce a new method of training that is faster and renders older methods obsolete. Specifically, with this update, they could have used this bone item, but instead of simply trading it in for free xp maybe have it be tradable since they're rare enough and constructable into a bone-chair or something.

Anyways, though I'm totally not playing that card, if I were to play something like it, it wouldn't say "everyone's balanced out because you have hats and we don't", it would say that's it's completely imbalanced in favor of older players, who not only have massive wealth from rares but also have just been playing longer, and can now take better advantage of the current easy conditions than new players can. ~_~ I'm not complaining, I just think it's crazy that old players complain about new players having it easy. I mean, if they think it's so easy being a new player, they're free to delete their 126 account in favor of a fresh lvl 3, and live it up on easy street. Right? I guess I personally think new players have it tough, if they're trying to compete against 5 year veterans, which makes the game more fun for the new players. In the final analysis, no matter what had happened in the past 5 years in terms of new players and jagex's changes, people would still complain about RS's slow degradation, for it is ever true that nostalgia overwhelms reason in the contemplation of an MMO's past.

You're looking at it completely different. Yes, the game is easier at this moment in time for a higher level than for a lower level, that's blatantly obvious. Higher levels obviously have it easier at this point in time, because they have access to fast training across the board. That's not my point though.

My point is that this is an issue of time. The issue of unfairness circulates around the fact that I had to spend an hour training to get 30k xp in rsc, and now someone can spend an hour training and get 90k. Obviously now both the high and low levels are on closer playing fields, but jagex is still tainting the achievements and time others spent in the past.

Complaining is pointless, I do agree. But that doesn't change the fact that new players have to work a lot less to attain the same levels rsc players did, and that's just frustrating. We deal with it and everything, but it's still annoying that we spent so much more time training specific things while jagex makes it so you only need to spend a quarter of the time to reach the same level. They need to respect the foundation of their game and value people's time spent training when making updates. Instead of updating a skill to make it faster to level it, they should expand it with things that have use, rather than ways for people to pour hours into, and get nothing out of except ridiculous amounts of fast xp.

I killed 150 trolls for a slayer task earlier today.

On around the 138th kill i got a 'Long Bone' drop and wondered what it was, i didnt bury it incase it was somthing new.

So i go take it to Barlek in Dorghshuun do i?

And does anyone know how much prayer exp is given if buried?

2ndbannernoleaderkopiepg8.png

panneto.png

My Monster Hunting Screenshot post:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4380593#4380593

My point is that this is an issue of time. The issue of unfairness circulates around the fact that I had to spend an hour training to get 30k xp in rsc, and now someone can spend an hour training and get 90k. Obviously now both the high and low levels are on closer playing fields, but jagex is still tainting the achievements and time others spent in the past.

I assume you're talking about combat here. A volatile example, because it seems like combat is the skill that trains with the most increase in hourly xp over RSC, off the top of my head. Interestingly, even though combat has clearly been updated with the most benefits, there are still a huge number of people who believe that it is an ignored skill for the high level trainer, constantly bemoaning the lack of "high-level equipment" with requirements of 80 and 90 skills. Obviously, jagex can't satisfy everyone no matter what they do.

Complaining is pointless, I do agree. But that doesn't change the fact that new players have to work a lot less to attain the same levels rsc players did, and that's just frustrating. We deal with it and everything, but it's still annoying that we spent so much more time training specific things while jagex makes it so you only need to spend a quarter of the time to reach the same level. They need to respect the foundation of their game and value people's time spent training when making updates. Instead of updating a skill to make it faster to level it, they should expand it with things that have use, rather than ways for people to pour hours into, and get nothing out of except ridiculous amounts of fast xp.

Are you saying that Jagex shouldn't add any updates that give experience to skills? That seems to be your point here but I'm not sure you mean to make it. Obviously updates that give experience slower than old methods are going to be huge flops. Jagex has historically slowed mudflation by making their improvements to skill training better in some ways, worse in others. E.g, ape atoll course is slower xp than wildy until you get to 70 agility. Still, even partial improvements like this will always make xp faster overall. Mudflation is inevitable, the only way to respect the foundation of the game in the way you propound is to make change to existing skills either very small or nonexistant. I'm not sure you understand my position. I'm not saying mudflation is great, I'm saying people demand updates and mudflation is inevitable. You want jagex to limit it, I want jagex to limit it, jagex is trying to limit it, there's no disagreement here is there? Obviously if you don't have that much time to play you value updates and consistency differently from those that play more, but that's not really a fundamental difference, just a personal variance in utility.

I assume you're talking about combat here. A volatile example, because it seems like combat is the skill that trains with the most increase in hourly xp over RSC, off the top of my head. Interestingly, even though combat has clearly been updated with the most benefits, there are still a huge number of people who believe that it is an ignored skill for the high level trainer, constantly bemoaning the lack of "high-level equipment" with requirements of 80 and 90 skills. Obviously, jagex can't satisfy everyone no matter what they do.

It's not just combat, it's all skills mainly, with the exception of mining and maybe fishing. Adding updates to those with lvl 80-90 in the skills is great - adding updates that make them reachable faster isn't.

Are you saying that Jagex shouldn't add any updates that give experience to skills? That seems to be your point here but I'm not sure you mean to make it. Obviously updates that give experience slower than old methods are going to be huge flops. Jagex has historically slowed mudflation by making their improvements to skill training better in some ways, worse in others. E.g, ape atoll course is slower xp than wildy until you get to 70 agility. Still, even partial improvements like this will always make xp faster overall. Mudflation is inevitable, the only way to respect the foundation of the game in the way you propound is to make change to existing skills either very small or nonexistant. I'm not sure you understand my position. I'm not saying mudflation is great, I'm saying people demand updates and mudflation is inevitable. You want jagex to limit it, I want jagex to limit it, jagex is trying to limit it, there's no disagreement here is there? Obviously if you don't have that much time to play you value updates and consistency differently from those that play more, but that's not really a fundamental difference, just a personal variance in utility.

I'm saying they should mainly update skills that bring some new element to that skill while not completely replacing other training methods. The benefit from the update should have other benefits other than xp to compensate for its ideal ~5% lower xp difference than the preexisting fastest xp.

By doing otherwise they're making their older updates obsolete and archaic in the game while at the same time upsetting players who never were able to get such fast xp when they did their levelling.