Player Owned Houses - Not Safe

qeltar

I'm not going to get into details here, but in case anyone is not already aware, POHs are NOT safe. Do NOT bring valuable items into houses of people you do not know, especially if you plan to engage in combat.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to get into details here, but in case anyone is not already aware, POHs are NOT safe. Do NOT bring valuable items into houses of people you do not know, especially if you plan to engage in combat.

~q

What? They are safe!

Newbiei and me fought, my inventroy was full, I didn't lose anything.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

they really arent safe. House luring is probably the easiest scam. there really neds to be a warning like nearing the wilderness.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

Didn't they make it so poison is cured when kicked out of someones house?

They should make it so your full health when you exit a house, but this could be used as an exploit but might be the solution.

Or are you talking about dying the the house, and losing your items due to a glitch?

KingKnight1.jpeg

Many people do not know about this.

I tried warning people on the Runescape forums, but once again it is being covered up.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Many people do not know about this.

I tried warning people on the Runescape forums, but once again it is being covered up.

~q

Are you talking about poisens?

I have never been poisened.

Honestly though, I have never lost anything.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

I am new to these forums and don't want to break any rules. I am just warning people NOT to take expensive items into the houses of people they don't know, because there are problems that are not resolved that can cause you to lose them.

~q

signew2.png

Let say someone has a p hat, and full dragon with a whip. They Get poisoned with 5 hp left, then they are kicked out of the house. Then poison hits for a 5, person dies, loses p hat.

Oh, right!!!

I never thought of that possibility.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Let say someone has a p hat, and full dragon with a whip. They Get poisoned with 5 hp left, then they are kicked out of the house. Then poison hits for a 5, person dies, loses p hat.

It's actually a little more complicated with that, also poisen cures when you exit your house i believe.

why you bring most expensive items in place where you could die? i would thing that is basic protection instinct. and if you stupid enough to bring them ... well i don't care if you die. jagex cannot babysit you all the time when u play this game. grow up and start think. thats my solution

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

why you bring most expensive items in place where you could die? i would thing that is basic protection instinct. and if you stupid enough to bring them ... well i don't care if you die. jagex cannot babysit you all the time when u play this game. grow up and start think. thats my solution

If you use that logic, why not say the same thing about Castle Wars, Duel Arena, and PC, are we just going to run in with fists and crappy armour? The Houses were designed with the intention of no one loosing anything, this reminds me of when you could kill people in the CW waiting room.

once i had a glitch when i was in a house guy lags out we all get kiked but i got teled to lvl 34 wild i go to click to run and then im outside the house portal safe and sound and ya

and are u talking about the karajam fish scam?

iFishcopy-1.png

You could die anywhere, PoH's are supposedly safe so people take expensive items. Scammers and lurers respond immaturely like you have.

lanthuscg3.png

This is really simple.

Jagex says they are safe. They aren't.

They need to either make them safe, or remove the claim and warn people that they aren't safe.

~q

signew2.png

Indeed they are not safe. My sources have told me how you do this. I know of three accounts where they have gotten Blue, Green and Red Partyhats. It is BUG ABUSE and if somone tries to get you in, REPORT THEM. I will in NO WAY tell you how they do it. But, if you do go into their houses, DO NOT UNDER ANY WAY go into their dungeon.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I'm pretty sure that somebody should tell us how this happens. Even if someone takes the knowledge and abuses it, it is better if the general public knows about it. Anyone who abuses it will be banned anyway.

Also, if we all knew what the bug was, we would be able to send mass bug reports to Jagex. It's been done before on these and other forums, and it works.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

they really arent safe. House luring is probably the easiest scam. there really neds to be a warning like nearing the wilderness.

How are they not safe?

I have died 10+ times, with over 20 items, never lost a thing.

because, i'm not sure if its been fixed..you can be poisoned with low health and be booted out then promptly die.

It's actually a little more complicated with that, also poisen cures when you exit your house i believe.

Yes it is a bit more detailed but what this guy is saying is correct. it isnt safe atm theres a hack/glitch people are using to get peoples items. if you dont beleive me go check another very popular RS forums Graveyard section (where there not so vigilant on rules) and theres a post there with guys showing of there kills/achievements they have gotten using this glitch.

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

kicking out of a house will cure all poison... even leaving your own will cure it... (i use it as anti dose for doing clues)

but there are many tha\t kick someone out of there house and thenm feed then a poisonious karambwam (sp?)... my friend lost around 10mil by this scam :roll: (they can give you a raw and cuz of your cooking lvl youll poison it... :XD:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined