Iran Kidnaps UK Marines

Ambassadar

Good Lord, how petty does that man want to be?

'Its a gift, we could have put them on trial, but we didn't because we're nice, unlike those westerners'

Mr Ahmadinejad also criticised the US-led invasion of Iraq and Israel's war in Lebanon.

He used a news conference marking the Persian New Year to condemn the countries he said were behind "misery" and "destruction" in the world.

He said there did not appear to be anyone "to stand up and defend the rights of those oppressed".

He opened the news conference with references to the Islamic holy book, the Koran, then made a wide-ranging speech about the modern history of the Middle East, while attacking the West

I wonder what he could be hinting at :roll:

supernovasigst7.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words:

"Oh dear, we seem to be in an embarrassing situation since we were in the wrong, let's release them - act as though we're being benevolent and hope everyone stops caring about who is right and who is wrong"

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

In other words:

"Oh dear, we seem to be in an embarrassing situation since we were in the wrong, let's release them - act as though we're being benevolent and hope everyone stops caring about who is right and who is wrong"

Actually, they had some high flying government sorts on the Channel 4 News this evening (classy, I know :P ) and they all reckon, and now me too, that the whole thing was simply the Iranian government testing the water, so to speak, for the whole nuclear thing.

By doing this relatively harmless, yet also at the same time rather risky move, they've found out the British are VERY reluctant to use any force. And the UN barely did anything either. They simply told Iran to 'give em back now please', no sanctions or anything, so Iran has come out of the whole affair knowing that realistically, only the US is prepared to use force to bring Iran down, and they aren't stupid enough (hopefully) to try and wage war in Iran whilst still in Iraq...

supernovasigst7.jpg

Good Lord, how petty does that man want to be?

'Its a gift, we could have put them on trial, but we didn't because we're nice, unlike those westerners'

Mr Ahmadinejad also criticised the US-led invasion of Iraq and Israel's war in Lebanon.

He used a news conference marking the Persian New Year to condemn the countries he said were behind "misery" and "destruction" in the world.

He said there did not appear to be anyone "to stand up and defend the rights of those oppressed".

He opened the news conference with references to the Islamic holy book, the Koran, then made a wide-ranging speech about the modern history of the Middle East, while attacking the West

I wonder what he could be hinting at :roll:

I heard that he called it an 'Easter Present'.

C2b6gs7.png

they have been released,, no more new cuban missile crisis. Iran is smarter than i thought. :-k

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

not only have they been released, aparently they've all admitted that they were in Iranian waters. (but we all know how reliable the media is)

so i guess you can lay it down to the Iranian govornments goodwill that everything is peacefull. :-k

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

not only have they been released, aparently they've all admitted that they were in Iranian waters. (but we all know how reliable the media is)

so i guess you can lay it down to the Iranian govornments goodwill that everything is peacefull. :-k

Read the rest of the damn topic. You are in a country, surrounded by hundreds of armed guards. The country still practices torture. Are you going to say whatever they want you to say?

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Blow Iran up! Nukes away! *Pushes big red button*

Honestly, the only reason they did this is because they don't get the attention of North Korea... :roll:

Jokes aside, I don't care how nice this gesture was, the UK should not tolerate it. And if you guys need American muscle, we're undefeated in wars that arn't in Iraq (or Vietnamn).

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

Vietnamn

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Jokes aside, I don't care how nice this gesture was, the UK should not tolerate it. And if you guys need American muscle, we're undefeated in wars that arn't in Iraq (or Vietnamn).

thanks for the offer lol.

To be honest, i think the Iranians did the right thing. They released the prisoners and evidently treated them quite well. Its possible that this wasn't a publicity stunt and that the Iranian government and navy genuinely did think the sailors were in their waters.

Equally its probable that the British navy knew exactly where they were and what they were doing. Mistakes happen, whos mistake it was is pretty irrelevant now. They're all home and safe and that's what matters.

I'd say "I hate to say 'I told you so'", but I love to say it:

I told you so.

(About them being coerced into 'admitting' their position.)

So those talking about them admitting they were in Iranian waters (and therefore being in the wrong) can eat their words with a good splash of shut up sauce.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

I'd say "I hate to say 'I told you so'", but I love to say it:

I told you so.

(About them being coerced into 'admitting' their position.)

So those talking about them admitting they were in Iranian waters (and therefore being in the wrong) can eat their words with a good splash of shut up sauce.

---

It turns out they were on iranian waters after all. Why would they all of a sudden "kidnap" british soldiers?

Posted on BBC 2 hours ago: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6491577.stm

I don't know. You tell us.

locke.gif

Someone said earlier that it was a ploy to see exactly how the UN and Britain and America acted. So that when they continue their nuclear testing they have an idea of how far the countries will actually go to stop things.

We didn't go very far.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Why would the Iranians take them captive? Because they were mistaken about their position. That would also explain why they released them - when they realised their mistake and they wanted to stop it becoming more embarrassing.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Why would the Iranians take them captive? Because they were mistaken about their position. That would also explain why they released them - when they realised their mistake and they wanted to stop it becoming more embarrassing.

So when a British Naval ship is in waters that might be Iranian but also might not be - their first instinct is to kidnap them, strip off their clothes, and isolate them?

locke.gif

Do you think the Iranians were unsure as to whether it was in their waters or not? Do you think there was a doubt in their mind but they proceeded anyway?

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

So when a British Naval ship is in waters that might be Iranian but also might not be - their first instinct is to kidnap them, strip off their clothes, and isolate them?

That's mistaken as in "incorrect", rather than mistaken as in "unsure".

Do you think the Iranians were unsure as to whether it was in their waters or not? Do you think there was a doubt in their mind but they proceeded anyway?

The only excuse the Iranians could have for making a mistake like that is the fact that the territory is in dispute. "Unsure" is the most reasonable excuse they could give.

locke.gif