New Scam Be Careful

blink182rocker

Actually Kill_Thomas, that guy has the lure a bit off.

I know this, because somebody noticed my mage level and offered to "tell you something secret". I got suspisious, but went along to see what he was up to after banking all my stuff.

That guy pretty much described the method, but for one important factor - for that lure to work, you have to boot at almost exactly the right moment.

So they tried a new trick. Venge yourself, and do a long cape emote, like strength or questing. When someone attacks you, the damage is not dealt until the emote is completed. So they get you to attack the guy doing the emote, wait a second or two until the emote is almost done, then kick. Presto. D.E.A.D.

(No, I never used the lure, but the knowledge came in handy when someone tried to lure me in the same way.)

Oh, one last thing: I'm not sure, but the guy doing the emote might also get killed if he gets kicked before he completes, so don't do your emotes in a dungeon or you you might just be luring yourself. :|

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those saying it's not new, yes it is new for the most part. I've seen when it came into being being only within the last couple of weeks. The original house lure is not new, but these are different take-offs of it. I know exactly how this one worked before Jagex fixed it as a friend of mine got a blue party hat from it. Not that I agree with luring, but ya. C o s c o isn't even close as to how it was actually done. I'm not gonna say how it was done, but stopping the use of vengeance in a house put a stop to it.

duriallllllllllllllllllllllll

ftw.

ftl you mean heh?

Yeha i don't know why people always bring him up and somewhat idolize him... he was a moron who only got "famous" for abusing a bug which he is now banned for..

Alot of people in this game are sad.... Really really sad.. Dishonestly killin other players i hope that they get banned

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Glad I know what happens now...I knew something was fishy when a lvl 118 told me he liked my phat, then his friend (124 I think) pmed me, saying he heard I knew his friend (I wouldn't even call it meeting, really), and asking me if I'd like to go chill at their house...I was like, something's wrong, but I just told them I was busy (I was).

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

It's sad that such bugs exist and that even high level players abuse it. :evil: Now people can't even innocently party in their POHs without being paranoid. :wall: Thanks for the heads up, and when is Jagex going to fix all the bugs?

Exactly. I often like to throw random parties at my house, and just grab a few people from around for a bit of good times. It's these bug abusers that spoil it for people like me who just want to have some fun in their POH. After the money you dump into it, you want to enjoy it.

Jagex have to fix this. I'd happily have one of our weekly updates substituted with a bugfix update, just tying up all these bugs.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Yes, they have fixed that - and this guy has got it completely wrong. Im not gonna say how exactly to do it because a)most people know and b)less money for me.

Every damn time I see you post, you try to give off this "I am the big bad ownage lurer/bugger/scammer" bs. Then you hide your RSN.

If you are such a great lurer with teh poonage stats, stake me. You can drop me a message through tip.it

You want the bottom line? My guess is you are some random level 90 that drools over big lures, talks big, and no show. Prove me wrong?

My RSN is on my profile.

That is so scary i don't think i will ever go into a dungeon again. :ohnoes:

They need to fix this!

Its a shame how people exploit somthing that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. Just another reason to hate lures.

Now all of you who think lureing is ok.

Do you think its ok now!?

Mm yeah.

So you think abusing something that Jagex ment to be fun is ok?

Wow....

Luring is completely different from a house bug.

Im okay with luring, dont see where i said bug abusing is fun.

Owned. I don't honestly think luring should be against the rules...or any scamming for that matter. If people are so dumb that they fall for these awful scam attempts, its their own fault. But, alas, thats not the topic of this post.

I don't think house luring is okay because as he said, it is a bug. Bug abusing is different from luring in general.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Yes, they have fixed that - and this guy has got it completely wrong. Im not gonna say how exactly to do it because a)most people know and b)less money for me.

Every damn time I see you post, you try to give off this "I am the big bad ownage lurer/bugger/scammer" bs. Then you hide your RSN.

If you are such a great lurer with teh poonage stats, stake me. You can drop me a message through tip.it

You want the bottom line? My guess is you are some random level 90 that drools over big lures, talks big, and no show. Prove me wrong?

My RSN is on my profile.

Thats quite unfair. Ill pm you. Im not really hiding my rsn - I made this account years before I started luring..

Hey.

YAY, I'm glad that you didn't lost all that Blink.

SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Maybe finally Jagex can fix the dumb bug so that when you get booted, you are healed.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Maybe finally Jagex can fix the dumb bug so that when you get booted, you are healed.

When you're booted, you are healed. Just not if you boot as vengeance kicks in...

Hey.

SUCKS TO BE YOU.

The bug was fixed two days ago

It's sad that such bugs exist and that even high level players abuse it. :evil: Now people can't even innocently party in their POHs without being paranoid. :wall: Thanks for the heads up, and when is Jagex going to fix all the bugs?

Exactly. I often like to throw random parties at my house, and just grab a few people from around for a bit of good times. It's these bug abusers that spoil it for people like me who just want to have some fun in their POH. After the money you dump into it, you want to enjoy it.

Jagex have to fix this. I'd happily have one of our weekly updates substituted with a bugfix update, just tying up all these bugs.

*sigh* Yes, things like this make me paranoid 100x. I probably won't be able to enjoy another party in someone's PoH anymore, which is a pity because I love to dress up.