Dagannoth Kings Luring: Illegal!

Trojann2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't count on this to assure 100% safety while soloing Rex. Some lurers may not even know other such lures not to wildy is still considered breaking rule 2. At least the amount of lurers would be reduced if Jagex start taking serious actions against such rule breakers

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I like to DK oo yes I do...

I like the money oo yes I do too

This rule will just make more peeps DK and less money for items..

oooo wellls

Lurers will keep doing this just as much as always. But you can maybe get revenge on them now. :)

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I keep seeing quotes from Jagex saying "all forms of luring are now bannable." I believe this comes from some memo inside Jagex containing that phrase, but was only intended to apply to luring that involves lying to another player. So Giant Mole luring =possibly bannable(depends on whether you lie as part of the lure), wildy luring = possibly bannable, DK luring = totally fine. I don't believe that the mods who keep posting that phrase understand what DK luring actually is.

This is an example of accidental equivocation due to the overloading of the word luring with two different meanings. The best way to resolve this would be for a new word to be adopted for the act of dragging a monster into someone with the intent of killing them, as the word lure applies much better to the other meaning. Most other MMOG's have a word or phrase for dragging monsters to kill people, in wow you say you trained mobs into someone, not lured mobs into them. RS already uses the word training so that's not a good choice. Since pvp isn't possible in DK lair, it seems like the phrase DK pkers would be a very simple choice. Of course if Jagex actually does mean to ban people for "dk luring", then it might as well be left with the current meaning. I don't believe that to be the case, and if it is, Rule 2 should definitely be reworded again to reflect that policy.

I'm not so sure this is good thing. It's almost impossible to tell a lure from a team that accidentley walks in on you. Does this mean that every time you enter the kings lair you are at risk for being reported for Luring?? I only have a problem with luring because of the lies that are involved. There aren't any lies that are involved in this so it's not exactly scamming nor a lure... Mod's are often wrong too, he most likely misinterpreted you're question.

I like to DK oo yes I do...

I like the money oo yes I do too

This rule will just make more peeps DK and less money for items..

oooo wellls

not many people aren't experience.....

they will just get slaughter

Ya know, come to think of it, lurers were good for filtering out the DK noobs... they kept prices up...

not like your going to have time to report anyone...

Pfft, half the time we can get the lurers to own themselves, seasoned DK'ers should have plenty of time...

Unless the report window closes when attacked >_<.

Okay, I'm feeling kind of half-way on this :| . Good that they recieve retribution though.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Dear Jagex,

I thank you that you have updated Rule 2 to involve Wilderness Luring as bannable. But I was wondering if I would be in the wrong to report people who come down into the Dagannoth Kings lair to "lure" the kings on me and kill me while I am killing Dagannoth Rex. I know the risks involved for killing the kings, But since you updated the rule I am unclear if this is against the rules.

Dear Trojann2,

Thank you for your question regarding luring.

All forms of luring are at this point are against our rules. It was deemed that luring is against the spirit of the game and we did not want to make this devious act seem acceptable in RuneScape.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Zach

" Andrew

Jagex Mod

29-Mar-2007 15:39:54

Last edited on 29-Mar-2007 15:39:59 by Andrew

To answer all the above question and more, just ask yourself the very simply question "Am I lieing to others for my own personal gain?" If the answer is yes you shouldn't be doing it, if the answer is no, then you're ok.

The actual rule is the bit right at the top of rule 2. Everything else is just clarification. "

I'm going to go with Mod Andrew > Mod Zach.

I know I am going to get flammed for this but...

You arn't "luring" the player, you are luring a NPC

So how is that scamming at all?

I remember somewhere jagex said something about its luring if you lie about the items you are giving.

Edit: "Am I lieing to others for my own personal gain?"

no you are not so are you sure that answer was right?

=/ kind of stupid imo

Look its rob!

Wakka, you can really tell when they are a lurer...Cause they stand there with Prime and Supreme on them...If a team comes in, those kings will be preoccupied with the others of that team. It's pretty simple logic, if you ask me. But now I'm kind of hopeing that people still lure. Keeps the noobs out of the lair, and the prices up, and since they've never came close to killing me...

Vitafides.jpeg

You can't really catch dk luring... All the person has to say they where either was planning on killing the kings, or was a suicide for a friend...

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Wakka, you can really tell when they are a lurer...Cause they stand there with Prime and Supreme on them...If a team comes in, those kings will be preoccupied with the others of that team. It's pretty simple logic, if you ask me. But now I'm kind of hopeing that people still lure. Keeps the noobs out of the lair, and the prices up, and since they've never came close to killing me...
well sure, YOU can see that they are luring but can Jagex mod's see that through a one minute long report? :lol: Plus, the rule was made because people were lying to get other's items. to my knowledge, DK lurer's don't tell you any lies, they just get in you're face :oops:

I'm not for DK luring so don't think I'm trying to support it. I'm just saying that I don't think tis against the rules.

Lol, look what happened when I asked them:

Me:

I just have a question. You mention wilderness luring as a bannable offense today. Congrats, I hated those sad lurers.

But another kind of lurers are bugging me. Over half the times I go to mage daggonath rex, I get a lurer who tries to bring prime and supreme on me. Is DK luring a bannable offense. I would like to be able to report and you take action against these people.

Thanks!

-----

Jagex:

Dear Ugafan 2009,

Thank you for your message.

We take any report sent into us very seriously and will take action against every possible scammer, hijacker and rule breaker that we encounter.

We appreciate assistance from dedicated players such as you to keep the game safe and enjoyable. If you do feel another player has broken our rules then please report them as per our guidelines, found on the RuneScape homepage, in the "Knowledge Base" section, under "Rules".

Please remember that if you have lost items due to a wilderness lure we will not be able to return them via customer service and that we ask you to remember that most problems with the wilderness and the dangerous areas of the game can be avoided by not trading in the wilderness and avoiding high level areas if you are not ready to take part in a fight.

If you have to go, remember the following:

- take some method of teleportation with you (although after a certain depth in the wilderness this will not work);

- if possible, only take items you do not mind losing;

- if there is something interesting which another player wants you to see, remember you can always go at another time, when the person is not around or when your important items are safe.

It is also worth remembering that when players are attempting to get you to visit a new area, always remember you could be attacked and lose items. Taking the time to bank your important items could be the difference between having fun with a new friend or losing hard earned items.

I hope this answers some of your questions on this situation.

Hope this answers your query.

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Heaton

-----

You must have worded yours better. #-o

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Lol, look what happened when I asked them:

Me:

I just have a question. You mention wilderness luring as a bannable offense today. Congrats, I hated those sad lurers.

But another kind of lurers are bugging me. Over half the times I go to mage daggonath rex, I get a lurer who tries to bring prime and supreme on me. Is DK luring a bannable offense. I would like to be able to report and you take action against these people.

Thanks!

-----

Jagex:

Dear Ugafan 2009,

Thank you for your message.

We take any report sent into us very seriously and will take action against every possible scammer, hijacker and rule breaker that we encounter.

We appreciate assistance from dedicated players such as you to keep the game safe and enjoyable. If you do feel another player has broken our rules then please report them as per our guidelines, found on the RuneScape homepage, in the "Knowledge Base" section, under "Rules".

Please remember that if you have lost items due to a wilderness lure we will not be able to return them via customer service and that we ask you to remember that most problems with the wilderness and the dangerous areas of the game can be avoided by not trading in the wilderness and avoiding high level areas if you are not ready to take part in a fight.

If you have to go, remember the following:

- take some method of teleportation with you (although after a certain depth in the wilderness this will not work);

- if possible, only take items you do not mind losing;

- if there is something interesting which another player wants you to see, remember you can always go at another time, when the person is not around or when your important items are safe.

It is also worth remembering that when players are attempting to get you to visit a new area, always remember you could be attacked and lose items. Taking the time to bank your important items could be the difference between having fun with a new friend or losing hard earned items.

I hope this answers some of your questions on this situation.

Hope this answers your query.

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Heaton

-----

You must have worded yours better. #-o

I sent the same thing 4 times...

Vitafides.jpeg

they are bannin them as we speak!!

i jumped from ranke 120k somethin to 78k somethin and only gained 2 levs today..kinda wierd unless they are bannin alots of ppl

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png