Dagannoth Kings Luring: Illegal!

Trojann2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is good, now i can deekay in peace, without noob lurers ruining everything

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Okay, I've officially decided that I'm against something like this. Yes, it's a 180, I know.

Think of the ramifactions of this new rule, DK'ers. You're all happy that lurers can be banned (not that you'll get the report through or actually have any action taken...), but what is this going to mean for the future of the Dagganoth Kings? Sure, they're the toughest monsters in the game, but honestly, they're not all that hard to handle when you don't have any distractions trying to kill you. Noobs will be flooding into the lair, eager to kill some DK's without fear of being lured to their deaths. Oh, there'll be cannons. Lots of cannons. God I hate cannons.

Thus, with more players killing the mon's, prices will begin to drop faster. Trips will become less profitable (especially for mages...), and it will be even harder to find a free world. And the brave, smart lurers will still probably be around. Ya, your Spears are on their spare account, FYI.

The other problem is the practicallity of reporting lurers. Lurers will be rushing in at you, and Prime will be charging at your face. What's your first thought? "Hm, let's check this guys name while I have three Kings on me and a bunch of Spins... okay, now let's try and type it in... oops, let's try again..." Damnit, of course not! You're thinking "CRAP, GOTA SHAKE THIS LOSER BEFORE I F'ING DIE!" (Or "I'm going to kill this besterd", for you seasoned DK'ers).

And how does one recognize a lurer? Okay, sure, you can, but can Jagex recognize them from the report, or if they can, will they spend the time and hours? And what if they do get banned? They'll just appeal by saying they were going to the Southeast corner to mage Rex, and they just messed up, or some crud like that.

Oh, and what if you and your team comes in, and another team is there? You might go for some Kings (since your tired of switching worlds after the dozenth time), and mess up, and get reported by one of the players on the other team. Or you might just do everything perfectly, and still get reported because those noobs want their Kings back. Either way, you could be in trouble for playing fair.

C'mon guys, this isn't even "luring", people just gave it that name and the coincidence led it to being a bannable offence. This is a bad idea, for everyone.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I can't be bothered to quote half the people's posts here so I'll just post my thoughts.

The reply Trojann got is by another J-Mod who knows nothing of what he is talking about.

DK "lurers" (note that they are not actually lurers, yet that was the term given to them) are still bannable because what they are doing is not "in the spirit of the game."

It's easy to distinguish a lurer and an idiotic player when the lurer follows you around. You can also tell by what gear they have.

This won't encourage noobs to DK. Even if it does, they won't last long because whenever I come in and see a group of noobs DK'ing, they're all disorganized and the DK lair is chaos because nobody knows what they are doing. Therefore, they won't last very long and won't get very many, if any, drops.

Nobody would bring a cannon there unless it's a huge clan, since the cannon would attract all the living Kings - and all the Kings attacking you is lethal.

If you're DK'ing legitimately and random wannabe mods say "reported!" for interrupting their DK experience, just report them for misuse of customer support. Simple as that. You guys are overreacting.

77yLQy8.png

The different response you got was merely because you used the word "luring" in your query.

This will have absolutely zero effect on anything involving the DKs. There will be no increase because it won't stop people from going and trying to get you killed, and anyone who wasn't going before certainly won't be going now that luring is illegal.

Enforcement and proof of DK luring is impossible.

This also then expands:

Giant Mole Lures

Dragon Lures

Tzharr Lures

Slayer Cave Lures

giant mole lure? what is there to lure there? i am there almost al the times and dont vind anything deadly

I am willing to bet that this is wrong. He only says "All forms of luring" but you are not actually being lured. They lure Supreme onto you, correct?

The point of the rule is that misleading players to their death is bad. I'm pretty sure DK luring wouldn't conflict with this rule.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Trust Me, they'll still be there. Hell, there was a team of three lurers last night that tried to get my team at 1 AM. Sadly we all had to teleport because we had no food left. But still, they will be coming in full force, keeping the noobs out of the lair. :)

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

This also then expands:

Giant Mole Lures

Dragon Lures

Tzharr Lures

Slayer Cave Lures

giant mole lure? what is there to lure there? i am there almost al the times and dont vind anything deadly

Get a candle, no tinderbox, mole digs, no light, you get hit really fast 1's until you die.

Anyway, I think this was just an auto reply by Jagex that flagged the word "luring".

I've only had one query that didn't get an auto reply and it took at least 3 weeks. You got this in what, two days?

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Too bad it's pretty hard to report someone while there is at least one (rex too if the lurer is any good) lvl 303 pounding on you.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Too bad it's pretty hard to report someone while there is at least one (rex too if the lurer is any good) lvl 303 pounding on you.

No, you can use the report form during combat

I know, but it's still pretty annoying to eat and run around without your main screen.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

if it falls under item scamming, it won't let you report it

some guy tried to lure me so i ran north and south with him following me

i tried to report when i clicked on the other side of the area and it said you can't report someone that hasn't traded or spoken recently

so since you can't report them anyways, what's the point

What?

m_theory11.png

if it falls under item scamming, it won't let you report it

some guy tried to lure me so i ran north and south with him following me

i tried to report when i clicked on the other side of the area and it said you can't report someone that hasn't traded or spoken recently

so since you can't report them anyways, what's the point

Well, okay, guess that means nothing's going to change.

Muggi, I can see what you're saying- your points are optomistic, mine are pessimistic (worse case vs. "best" case). If at any time reporting in the Lair becomes practical, I'm sure that the Lair's going to be somewhere between your and my predictions.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

This also then expands:

Giant Mole Lures

Dragon Lures

Tzharr Lures

Slayer Cave Lures

Get a candle, no tinderbox, mole digs, no light, you get hit really fast 1's until you die.

Anyway, I think this was just an auto reply by Jagex that flagged the word "luring".

I've only had one query that didn't get an auto reply and it took at least 3 weeks. You got this in what, two days?

ty always use bulseye so never have any problems... stil you have to get the person to A- attack the mole ... that would realy be stupid of the person and is even more dumb then going into wildy lvl 3 with a p hat if your not preperad to pray or take a beating...

or B- they have to be on a square next to the mole when it digs.

I can't understand how anybody believes that it is against the rules. The mod is wrong because it isn't. The type of lure that IS against the rules is the lure where it involves lying to others. You tell someone to meet you somewhere and then you get them killed, that kind of deception is against the rules. The lure where someone just happens to be sitting on the edge of the wild and you drop some money and they run after it is not against the rules, as no real deception is involved with it. People do it out of their own free will and nobody is lying to anybody. The same goes here with DK "lures". No deception is involved with it, someone just runs in and makes the monsters come after you.

I don't trust anything that the mods say anymore unless it comes from Andrew or Paul. Every query gets a different response. Andrew himself said on the official forums (I forgot where) that you should ask youreself "am I lying to people to get there items?" if so then its against the rules, if not, then its fair game. Since no lying is involved here I can't say that I believe its against the rules unless it specifically states that in Rule 2.

I don't support DK luring as i think tis pretty low to do so, but I'm pointing out the fact that it's not against the rules.

Some examples of item scams are:

* Offering an item and then removing the item within the first or second trade screen.

* Offering an item and changing the agreed price within the first or second trade screen.

* Misleading players by providing false or inaccurate information, for your own personal gain.

* Luring players into the Wilderness under false pretences.

None of those fall under DK luring.

I can't understand how anybody believes that it is against the rules. The mod is wrong because it isn't. The type of lure that IS against the rules is the lure where it involves lying to others. You tell someone to meet you somewhere and then you get them killed, that kind of deception is against the rules. The lure where someone just happens to be sitting on the edge of the wild and you drop some money and they run after it is not against the rules, as no real deception is involved with it. People do it out of their own free will and nobody is lying to anybody. The same goes here with DK "lures". No deception is involved with it, someone just runs in and makes the monsters come after you.

I don't trust anything that the mods say anymore unless it comes from Andrew or Paul. Every query gets a different response. Andrew himself said on the official forums (I forgot where) that you should ask youreself "am I lying to people to get there items?" if so then its against the rules, if not, then its fair game. Since no lying is involved here I can't say that I believe its against the rules unless it specifically states that in Rule 2.

I don't support DK luring as i think tis pretty low to do so, but I'm pointing out the fact that it's not against the rules.

* Offering an item and then removing the item within the first or second trade screen.

* Offering an item and changing the agreed price within the first or second trade screen.

* Misleading players by providing false or inaccurate information, for your own personal gain.

probably being knit-picky, but this is just some...but i do believe monster luring would be one of these. Best way to go about it i'd imagine is to make posts on the official forums, to get some attention to it and have it adressed.

im going to have to agree with wakka, his statements seems to make me think DK luring is not ban able. also the range guild thing... so old yet soo good if you have auto retalitate on.

probably being knit-picky, but this is just some...but i do believe monster luring would be one of these. Best way to go about it i'd imagine is to make posts on the official forums, to get some attention to it and have it adressed.

You can't outlaw DK luring though, it just wouldn't work. If a team happen to accidently run in on you you could report them for DK luring and they might just get banned. Since most of hte Jagex staff I'm sure doesn't go DKing (Especially the customer support team) they aren't going to know the difference between a legit team, a lurer, or something else. It just isnt going to work and it's not against the rules currently anyway.