Guide to not being Lured

arranator2

Hello Tip.it ,

I am new to making guides but i believe this is a guide that is probably really needed, ok lets get to it:

on the 29-Mar-2007 Rule 2 was updated , it says that luring is now considered scamming , and i myself must say , about time

i have had 1 mil scammed off of me here, someone tried it again last night , (tried to scam 9k cooked sharks off of me).

Ok heres my opinion on luring:

Luring is when someone PM's you saying he/she will sell you somethign for really cheap , lets say a whip for 1 million, instead of 1.7mil.

Or when they say they will buy somethign from you. Now the main part of the lure is that they are standing in level 1 wilderness.

Common reasons for them being in wildy: (its there exscuse for being at lvl 1 wildy)

1) I am doing the cannoe puzzle and i cant leave because it resets

2) I am fletching here and dont wan't to leave the tree

(if you have anymore please suggest them)

What happens in the Lure:

1) you accept his.her offer and head to the spot to meet them

2) you find them standing in level 1 wildy (will add pics to show the common places)

3) you trade them , and when you put up the items a mage will run down and TB and Bind you , you are killed before you have a chance to run or tele

More things the lurers say/do

contributed by blue_star67:

You might also want to put in teh sleeping cap bug lure. There is a bug where if you are following someone with a sleeping cap, and they use teh "yawn" emote, you get "blown" backwards, and possibly into teh wilderness...

contributed by xzavier93:

area: behind teh sawmill place in varrok

excuse: im searching 4 that darn cat and it keeps running out into teh wildy.

*Note i think if you dont trade them they wont attack you.... this is so they can make sure you have the stuff*

Common Lurer spots:

(bridge across from edgeville)

lurespotdoneou5.th.gif

Where Lurer's Mage stands:

magespotdoneeu0.th.gif

(post pics of others if you know any other spots )

THINGS TO NOTE

the mage and maybe the lurer arent always your level, and that doesnt yet make sense to me , as if your in level 1 wildy you should only be able to be attacked by 1 level above or below.

* all ive noticed is that these mages have either not attack or defence ranked....*

(if anyone has any info on this please tell us)

Suggestions form:

What is needs to be added:

anything of this wrong?

any information you can add to this guid? pics etc.

P.S my pics were taken on a F2P acc, cause my P2P acc was nowhere near those spots

really nice guide! I didn't know any of that!

for some reason, the pics are not working on my comp...

o well still awesome guide =D>

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

pictures are working for me but this guide seems just to...simple? all in all, still good but just missing something..

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Okay... from my point of view this guide is pretty redundant...

My advice, the furthest north that you should trade is edgeville bank. Any futher north and it's a lure. A real trader will probably trade in a bank or just outside.

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

Thanks arran for taking my criticisim. You might also want to put in the sleeping cap bug lure. There is a bug where if you are following someone with a sleeping cap, and they use the "yawn" emote, you get "blown" backwards, and possibly into the wilderness... That one caught me off guard and luckily I just had my dds equipped

I 1-itemed the lurers butt XD

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

The guide is alright. I think you should change it to how not to get lured or scammed and mabey add stuff about not to get killed by a lurer at dks.

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

nice guide another good spot for them and excuse is as follows.

area: behind the sawmill place in varrok

excuse: im searching for that darn cat and it keeps running out into the wildy.

=p dont have a pic

Whoever said "nothing is impossible", obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Decent Guide. Not much in it, but good info.

Someone tried to lure me last week. He told me that he was doing a quest at the top of Dwarf Mountain (North of Falador), and that he was lagging. I recognized it, and killed him though. :lol:

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

You make this guide 1 day after Luring is illegal? I don't understand you...

Just because its now illegal doesn't mean it won't happen #-o :roll:

Even if you get lured and report the idiots who lured you...that doesn't get you your gold

this guide is to prevent that from happening

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

The low attack and defence is to keep combat levels down.

This is typically because players within the 50 - 80 range are the most likely to fall for a lure.

The mages also stand further down, in a spot where they are off the minimap, but, thanks to camera swiveling, can see if the lured player is in the wilderness. :anxious:

*Edit: What the *? I cannot correct teh to t.h.e ?

Communism is not fit for humans. We are not good enough for it.

Tip.It is officially Red. o.0

yeah thanks for all of the tips and comments guys, and i dont know why i blocked out my name lol >.< i reckoned the lurers would come after me for finally revealing their techniques.

Well keep the comments coming , and im going to add the information submitted 8-)

Someone gave me a high offer on some p pots I was selling and was telling me "I merchant prayer potions, both buy and sell."

When I got to Edge bank noticed he wasn't there.

PM'd me to say he was above the general store. Decided to look (I already decided I wasn't going to trade) and he was actually above the house used for Dragon Slayer quest. He was alching there.

I think a huge key is mentioned above. Making sure the would-be trader is a lower combat level so that the would-be lured thinks the person is no threat at all.

stivslasher.png

You make this guide 1 day after Luring is illegal? I don't understand you...

Just because its now illegal doesn't mean it won't happen #-o :roll:

Even if you get lured and report the idiots who lured you...that doesn't get you your gold

this guide is to prevent that from happening

That's not what I meant...It's just that, don't you think that there will be less lures now because it is a reportable offence?

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

most lurers usually find their targets on some sort of forums, which is where the seller or buyer usually has there runescape name at. They search highscores and put in your combat skills inside a comb calculator and figure out your comb lvl. From there they will found out how deep they will have to be (or the pker they get to attack you has to be) to see if your a possible target.

I have also heard somewhere little deeper in the wildy is also a popular spot, like somwhere around green dragons or something. not sure if that one is still used or not, but it use to be.

personally the only one that has been tried on me was the first pic, and he said he was lagging to bad to come to me at the bridge..my common sense said if he was lagging he couldn't type...that was before it was a popular method of scamming and didn't know what he was doing, so i just put him on ignore and walked off

Barrows drops: ahrims staff (2), karils coif, karils xbow, torags plate body, veracs helm.

One that I encountered the other day is when they lure you on to the german server for like a drop party. They say, "Party is being moved to white wolf mountain! I will tele you all there!". He puts up a tele for the people around him and instead of white wolf mountain, it's the ice plateau, he's using lunar magics of course.

I suggest you never trade on the german servers unless you speak it, or understand exactly where you're going. White wolf mountain = Weisser Wolfberg (the ss = the large B looking letter, dont have it on my keyboard) and Ice plateau is Eishochebene. Look for either EIS for ice plateau, and Weisser for white. It should be pretty easy to remember.

I'm still happy I take german in school, otherwise i wouldn't have recognized it and lost my full guthans :ohnoes:

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

pbjdude lucky you, maybe people who dont understand german shouldnt go on the server ? lol :?

yeah there are still alot of people who will try to lure you , because if you think about it the macroing rule came out , but that still didnt/doesnt stop them from autoing , i personally see a few everyday >.<

I made a guide like this but the main lure now is dropping about 10k on the floor in the wilde, the person runs in to get it and somebody owns you

Jamje.png

null and void