Edgar Allan Poe allusions in Draynor?

Ianw77

Yep, got it in one. It's kinda of a recurring pattern. I believe that if you look hard enough, most areas and elements of the game is in fact based on several books, stories, tv shows, movies...

You just gotta look.

Guards at Jatizo and Neitiznot quote monty python when insulting eachother. "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"

Mage training arena has wands and a talking hat. Can someone say "Harry potter"?

i dunno about say, but i can type. Harry Potter

yaaay

yeah u make sense

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Yep, got it in one. It's kinda of a recurring pattern. I believe that if you look hard enough, most areas and elements of the game is in fact based on several books, stories, tv shows, movies...

You just gotta look.

Guards at Jatizo and Neitiznot quote monty python when insulting eachother. "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"

Mage training arena has wands and a talking hat. Can someone say "Harry potter"?

Also, if you use a herring with a tree, it says "this is not the tallest tree in the forest" (or something like that, I'm not sure), in reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when they confront "The Knights Who Say 'Ni!'", and are asked to cut down the tallest tree in the forest using only a herring. Then, if you go the grand tree (the tallest tree in the forest), and use a herring with it, it says "It can't be done!", quoting monty pythons response to "The Knights Who Say 'Ni!'".

You just gotta look.

Also, if you use a herring with a tree, it says "this is not the tallest tree in the forest" (or something like that, I'm not sure), in reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when they confront "The Knights Who Say 'Ni!'", and are asked to cut down the tallest tree in the forest using only a herring. Then, if you go the grand tree (the tallest tree in the forest), and use a herring with it, it says "It can't be done!", quoting monty pythons response to "The Knights Who Say 'Ni!'".

I think it's "this is not the mightiest tree in the forest"

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

Can't believe no one has posted on the moles yet! In the giant mole's lair, examining the babies and giant mole mother herself reveal a hidden cache of 'Austin Powers in Goldmember' lines which are directly from Austin talking about the mole in Dr. Evil's organization (Who also has a large mole on his face). Check it out sometime.

And yes, its 'This is not the mightiest tree in the forest,' unless you use it on the Grand Tree (diff response).

Also, the Gypsy spells in RFD are largely based on Latin, and some other romantic languages.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Ah thanks for pointing that out. I too, have read that story and recognized the name "fortunado" but could not put my finger on it. I love hearing about real world references ingame. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Me noticed it, but me reads a lot, cants yous tells by mes grammar.

Honestly, can't you?

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str