Edgar Allan Poe allusions in Draynor?

Ianw77

Well since I'm a noob and only have 38 thieving I decided to go steal some seeds from those pesky farmers in Draynor. As usual I switch between playing RS and looking at the forums so when I look back I lost the farmer =X. Then I see the wine stall what the heck why not. So I stole a jug few grapes then I see the wine stall guy and see what he has for sale. Then I see his name "Fortunato" then I realize I've heard of that name before. Surely enough it came to me. In my freshman Language Arts class we had to read short stories and one was called The Cask of Amontillado. To make a long story short a guy named Fortunato ticks of this guy so when Fortunato is drunk the guy offers to sell him some wine from his catacombs so he takes him down there and chains him to the wall and builds a brick wall sealing him off. I just thought that was kind of funny that both Fortunatos buy and sell wine. =P.

mithmfishcape,Ianw7.gif

Yep, got it in one. It's kinda of a recurring pattern. I believe that if you look hard enough, most areas and elements of the game is in fact based on several books, stories, tv shows, movies...

You just gotta look.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think what he meant to say was, Yes most things are built around RuneScape because it is the sole fabrication of the human race.

Please don't blaspheme we all know that these so called story's TV shows & films where only created so they could appear in RuneScape, much like we where only created to play it.

I will not listen to your Blasphemy, defamation of RuneScape itself will be punished!

*Yes mum its me in the basement again, I am trying to once again take over tip.it forums :anxious:*

Lol, why didn't I think of that? Amontillado was my favorite Poe poem!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Yep, got it in one. It's kinda of a recurring pattern. I believe that if you look hard enough, most areas and elements of the game is in fact based on several books, stories, tv shows, movies...

You just gotta look.

Guards at Jatizo and Neitiznot quote monty python when insulting eachother. "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"

Mage training arena has wands and a talking hat. Can someone say "Harry potter"?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I've read the story aswell. The cask of amadillo. Interesting story, funny ending aswell. But I think Runescape will not close you up and build a wall and leave you to die, do they. They do however sell great wine. #-o

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Mage training arena has wands and a talking hat. Can someone say "Harry potter"?

Hah...

Hahruh...

Haruhee...

Haruhee Poetteur...

Oh forget it. Why do I get all the hard ones? :(

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Or the piglets examine into "I shall call him mini-pig",in reference to ->0879e6455c92d246c83c58a4ea75cf7d.gif

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

^^Rofl I laughed at 2 minutes for that :XD:

Yeah it was pretty cool. Seeing as though I have some ancient relic copies of Poe's short stories and poems. With my favorite "The Fall of the House of Usher" \'

Mudkipz.jpg

Mmm... Mudkipz...

You just gotta look.

Guards at Jatizo and Neitiznot quote monty python when insulting eachother. "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!"

^^^ Don't forget the castle-like training area itself!

There are a lot of references in Runescape to literature and tall tales.

In the Moonclan City on Lunar Isle, for example, there can be found a character who is in many Russian folk tales: Baba Yaga (stress on the last "a" in "Yaga"), who, just as in her folk tale, is an old woman , a witch, who lives in a cabin with massive chicken feet (although she lives deep in the woods, away from other people). I almost fell over laughing when I saw her cabin for the first time.

Also, if you examine certain coffins, the game tells you "I see dead people", a reference to the Sixth Sense. I think it is the coffin in back of the graveyard of the church in Lumbridge, but I'm not quite sure...

LOL MINI ME!!!

i find lots of weird things like that, once i seen no the news a band of terrorists named "al kharid" or something, and the ywere from the dessert, i was just like... wtf?!

shalafii_signature_4475x150-1.jpg

LOL MINI ME!!!

i find lots of weird things like that, once i seen no the news a band of terrorists named "al kharid" or something, and the ywere from the dessert, i was just like... [what the heck]?!

no..... just, no. :shame:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Also, if you examine certain coffins, the game tells you "I see dead people", a reference to the Sixth Sense. I think it is the coffin in back of the graveyard of the church in Lumbridge, but I'm not quite sure...

I think it's the open coffins that say that.

nh.jpg