Timer on the second trade screen [+Picture]

atronic92

I am NOT ranting about a time that I got scammed, I am merely making a suggestion that would possibly stop other people from ranting because they got scammed.

A lot of people complain about getting scammed. The most common way to be scammed is when you don't check the second trade screen.

I suggest, in order to fix the problem of people not even glancing at the second trade screen and just clicking accept, there should be a timer on the second trade screen that grays-out the accept button for five or ten seconds so that you can't click on it until you study the items for trade for a while.

Just yesterday, I got scammed for the first time. It wasn't out of very much money, and it was completely my fault for rushing on the second trade screen, but it was really annoying! If I had had to wait 5 more seconds before clicking accept I would have declined and not been scammed. I bet that if this were implemented a lot of people who would have otherwise been scammed would not be scammed, just like I would not have been scammed.

It could either say "Please wait", have a five second countdown, or (my favorite) have "Please wait" for five seconds and then a five second countdown.

Please wait:

2d0h190.png

The count-down:

2n8zz2p.png

Please support!

Supporters:

atronic92

horntail203

kelbri

iceguy55

gehackte

curly55555

deciever2

djthomas22

darkhisharu

mhosseins

Veltia

unkn0wnwarrior

RockRebel

drapit

nomar04

Nub_Of_Noobs

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I support on both sides.

Once, I sold some coal for 2000gp each, because the buyer was rushed. I said 200 each, they clicked an extra 0, I left the second screen for about 15 seconds before I hit the accept button, even though they hit theirs pretty much right after the second screen appeared. I felt bad, but not too bad, since they had plenty of time to check things over. It was only like 50 coal or something like that, but that's still 100k instead of 10k. Wonder if they ever noticed...

Lion+O+1.png

I support on both sides.

Once, I sold some coal for 2000gp each, because the buyer was rushed. I said 200 each, they clicked an extra 0, I left the second screen for about 15 seconds before I hit the accept button, even though they hit theirs pretty much right after the second screen appeared. I felt bad, but not too bad, since they had plenty of time to check things over. It was only like 50 coal or something like that, but that's still 100k instead of 10k. Wonder if they ever noticed...

They probably did notice lol - I know I would. I'll support it too - you should get a list going here as well, there probably will be more people supporting soon.

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

I don't really support, sorry. Although it does seem like a good idea, you should automatically check the second trade window, instead of having Jagex install precautions so that you can't get scammed. I do feel bad for people who have been scammed like this, but it is their own fault for being hasty. Maybe make the 5 second extension optional?

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

definite support, never been scammed but I hear it's not pleasant.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

If jagex dont actually do this that will prove that they are evil

in other words: support

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

I do not support. I mean, how many intelligent players are scammed in this manner more than a few times? I was scammed once or twice, then I learned my lesson. Now I glance at the second screen for about a tenth of a second every trade and I haven't been scammed since =). Honestly, isn't this a little extreme? I'd say that just about everyone can figure out that it's healthy for your wallet to glance at the second screen quickly when you're trading your precious gps. The poor people who don't get it probably will always lose money somehow.

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

I do not support. I mean, how many intelligent players are scammed in this manner more than a few times? I was scammed once or twice, then I learned my lesson. Now I glance at the second screen for about a tenth of a second every trade and I haven't been scammed since =). Honestly, isn't this a little extreme? I'd say that just about everyone can figure out that it's healthy for your wallet to glance at the second screen quickly when you're trading your precious gps. The poor people who don't get it probably will always lose money somehow.
This will give more incentive to check the second window before you get scammed 1, 2 or even 37 times. I have never been scammed in this matter, but mostly because I do not trade many people. I have declared my support for a reason.

True, it will cause incentive to look at the second window, but it will outlive it's purpose for more experienced players, like the bank teller wanting to tell you how to use the bank. But I think the timer would be more annoying. But my opinion isn't everybody's opinion, so meh.

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

I fully support this idea. I have never been scammed, but this could definetly prevent it happening, unless they have the attention span of a goldfish (2 seconds-i read too much for my own good :-w )

sigs_misc_025.gif

100% NO. If every trade i had to waste 5 seconds staring at a 2nd screen in a quick trade, this is a WASTE OF TIME. It would totally destroy rcing through runners. All these to help people who are unaware of how not to get scammed? This is pointless. If you complain lag don't be to so eager to spam click accept, and whether you check your 2nd screen or not is your business. If you don't practice those safe acts, you really deserved to be scammed.

'nuff said. I'm out.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.