Growing number of clans, hurts or helps?

Dbzruler72

Clans are being created each day. Whether they end up dying within their first month or end up making it to the top 30. But are all these new clans helping the overall Clan Community, or are they downgrading it?

I see it in both ways. Unique clans that grow spice up the Clan Community. New faces make discussions more interesting. They also may have different strategies in the Wilderness no one has seen before. Others can learn off of these new techniques. On the other hand, all these new clans are decreasing the average numbers. Almost all of the top clans have been dropping little by little in numbers while many new clans with requirements 100+ are being created. Only few have been able to keep their numbers steady.

Discuss.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

well it all depends. iv seen alot of new clans with absolutely no thought put into them whatsoever. these types of clans won't hurt the clan community one bit. why? becouse they will die quickly or attract the sort of players who the bigger more mature clans don't want hence saveing them the time and trouble of dening applacations.

over all I belive that compatition is the key to survival, if clans grow stagnate and cese to offer a worth while experionce to their members then a better, newer clan should take their place. the new clans don't hurt the community, they enrich it. the ones that add nothing won't last long enough to make much of an impact. while the ones that offer much will make the clan community a better place dispite the change in numbers for larger clans.

at any rate thats my personal thoughts on the matter as leader of Militos Deci.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

• 2 weeks later...

I think it helps because the more clans the more options your clan has to chose from when picking wars and allys. uhh more clans out pking the more fun clan pk runins are. I do not really see a way it can hurt clans but it is alot harder to start a clan these days with all the good clans out there to pick from.

New clans......hmmm.

Alot of new clans are made by inexperienced players, and die within a month.

All these clans do is try some pking and get owned a bit :)

Bigger clans are great.

too tired to type more.... <.<

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~

As more clans are made and move up in the clan world, the competition becomes alot stronger and clans have to think of new ways to keep members and attract new ones.

It is probably better because it forces clans to think of new ideas and such.

Benton38.png

Does the point that so many new clans are made daily have anything to do with fact people are not patient enough to stick with one clan to gain their rank?

Are they in need of power so badly they have to make their own clan to gain the rank they desire?

Overall I think if half of the new clans that were started daily were never to be born it would be better, but it is nice to have options for people to choose from seeing as the clan community seems to be growing fairly fast.

soldier.png

Does the point that so many new clans are made daily have anything to do with fact people are not patient enough to stick with one clan to gain their rank?

Are they in need of power so badly they have to make their own clan to gain the rank they desire?

Overall I think if half of the new clans that were started daily were never to be born it would be better, but it is nice to have options for people to choose from seeing as the clan community seems to be growing fairly fast.

Completely agree...

These days people wanna be the great massive leaders they think they can be, but they forget the fact that it is a lot of unapreciated hard work. Only on rare occasions is your title working FOR you...

Thats why many clans crash right after take-off...

The problem is that it takes down anyone that joined with it, and they'll usually never want to be in a clan again...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

It really depends on how long the clan stays together. If the clan degrades in a month or 2 it won't have much of an impact on the Clan Community. The members will just join another clan. But also some people quit RuneScape (the high leveled people) so the high level clans are stuck without members and eventually it leads to disbandment.

j0xPu5R.png

• 3 weeks later...

I say they help, not much else brings out the team spirit in someone like being part of a clan does, it also makes people able to look at themselves and think "if I want to be in a clan, I should change a bit".

So in (my) theory, it stops the noobish behaviour of many people.

It wouldn't hurt for more people to be able to work as a team and stop with the begging/offensive language that you see more and more these days.

Proud Member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

MonsterSig1.jpg

Personally, I think that new clans who do crash and fall within the first month or so can't really hurt the clan community because they are not around long enough to do much damage. I also agree with the post above me. I learned a lot of things about how a clan should work from other clans I had been in that had fell apart.

If there were only a certain amount of clans because everyone just joined the big clans the clan community would fail because there would be no clans to join and help prosper and no new clans to fight with. Everybody has the right to start up a clan and try to make it prosper and some of these clans will fail miserably and some will become big so really a mixture of big and new clans makes for a good community.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it helps because clans have to think of new strategies and ways to keep their members from switching clans.

But it hurts because a lot of low lvls just make a clan randomly because they want power, and other players join that clan, then it collapses and turns out to be a waste of time.

Amaranth_GTO.png

The whole problem with too many people starting up clans that will die shortly; that's been going on for years and years now. And from what I've seen, it doesn't have a very huge impact.

I think it helps, to be honest. There is Always going to be that group of clans that die out very quickly, but overall the ones that stick around are most of the time worth having.

Honestly, it's not a new trend; it's just been intensifying as Runescape grows in popularity. I would quit Runescape if there were only 20 or so clans that just met in the wilderness and clobbered each other; having more clans as competition for recruits forces a lot of them to find their niche and be different, and that works well.

Igna.gif

the top clans arent really dropping in numbers if you looked at their [bleep] member lists then you would see. The top 4 (those clans are all fairley well agreed on by every one) all have 105-140 members but if you look at their [bleep] lists to they have about 150-170 so its alot closer with them incluuded