Statistics and comparisons on NEW Obsidian training

Myweponsg00d

Objective:

To analyze the new Berserker Necklace in comparison with the classic set-up for strength training.

The Procedure:

Train for EXACTLY 10 minutes (timed with a stopwatch) using each method. RIGHT before I started hitting, I drank ONE dose of super attack and super strength and then did NOT re-drink potions until my 10 minutes was up. I trained at the monkeys on Ape Atoll. My stats are: 99 Attack, 95 Strength, 91 Defense, 99 Hitpoints. Here is what I wore for each test:

Obsidian:

Obsidian.png

Classic:

Classic.png

The Results:

Obsidian setup: Started at 8,926,332....Ended at 8,937,737

Change----- 11,405 xp which means (times 6) it's 68,430 xp per hour.

Classic setup: Started at 8,937,737....Ended at 8,948,057

Change----- 10,320 xp which means (times 6) it's 61,920 xp per hour.

The Conclusion:

This test was done with the equivilant of an Obsidian DAGGER and, as you can see, I got faster exp. If, in the future, jagex releases an Obsidian Scimitar, this method will become MUCH better than D-scim. I was both surprised and pleased by the results of this test. The max hit that I saw through this whole experiment was 35 from each weapon. IF the Berserker Necklace would be used with higher strength bonus (fire cape and berserker ring) then I predict the performance would ALSO increase because the higher hits are due to a DAMAGE bonus, not a STRENGTH bonus. Also, if we can use this necklace in conjunction with black mask, I predict that the numbers would also favor the Obsidian setup even more.

What does it all mean? If there is a release of an obby scimitar, obsidian training is the wave of the future. Also, if the necklace works the way I think it does, black mask and higher str bonus will increase its performance even more. Also, I will be buying other obsidian weapons and testing them aswell. More results to come in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Second Run:

This time, I did the same setup, except with a berserker ring. I also did this trial for 60 minutes straight with each setup, and here were the results:

Obsidian Setup: 66,613 xp

Classic Setup: 66,896 xp

As you can see, the obsidian KNIFE still was as good as the scimitar in the classic setup. Be sure to notice the horrible stats on the knife. I wish I could've had a sword to check this out with, but I just was unable to find a seller. ALSO, I tried using an obsidian staff for a brief ammount of time and was able to conclude that the bonus does not apply to the staff, even if you melee with it.

EDIT: Jessy87 did some tests with the staff and his results were quite different from mine. It seems as though there is a very good chance that the staff is affected by the necklace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other data from other posters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[hide=jessy87]

5xzjrir.jpg

thats with obby sword, sorry it doesnt show me actually using it. if i do another max hit like that, ill try to get a pic. of it more clearly.

4xvis7o.jpg

i was curious if any1 considered obby maul + str gear @ cw against the flag guy after switching CW brace for barrows gloves.

~~~~~~~~~~

maybe later. i just dont like doing things...

also, im going to try berserker necklace with my str gear and slayer mask. hopefully it stacks.

btw, my max with whip is 40-41 @ lvl 118 str with that same gear. pot and prayer. i was pottted and praying when i hit the 40 with the sword. so essentially its a whip with lower attack stats.

4y9g0wj.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~

slayer mask and berserker necklace bonus does stack it seems, im hitting 37s @ lvl 111 str and a few 38s and all the other lower 30s fairly common, honestly 30+ is more common then 20-29

6h7ulb8.jpg

4ptw613.jpg

heres some info i tested

16,933,680 started at 7:25 am 115 trolls @ trollhelium

16,975,264 done at 8:00 am

41,400 attack exp. 10.3k slayer exp in 35mins

thats with berserker and obby sword and str gear black mask and potions

[/hide]

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow... hopefully they will come out with a scimmy

thx for the data! thats shocking

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

This test was done with the equivilant of an Obsidian DAGGER and, as you can see, I got faster exp.

but... isn't that mainly because a dagger is faster than a scimitar? if i read your post correctly, i would assume you didn't hit harder, but more often. which would be a result of weapon speed as the obsidian setup is geared toward strength, not accuracy.

or am i missing something here? :-k

This test was done with the equivilant of an Obsidian DAGGER and, as you can see, I got faster exp.

but... isn't that mainly because a dagger is faster than a scimitar? if i read your post correctly, i would assume you didn't hit harder, but more often. which would be a result of weapon speed as the obsidian setup is geared toward strength, not accuracy.

or am i missing something here? :-k

as he said.. he hit the same max with the dagger as he did d scimmy. nomally with out the necklace he wouldnt have hit anywhere near the same..

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

as he said.. he hit the same max with the dagger as he did d scimmy. nomally with out the necklace he wouldnt have hit anywhere near the same..

*hand, forehead, staplegun*

thanks. i did have this nagging feeling i was missing something painfully obvious... :oops:

wow that was really fast. impressive though,but a problem with the obsidian training method is that it costs like 4.5mil for the necklace

well so does the fury

bpkwolfen.png

wow that was really fast. impressive though,but a problem with the obsidian training method is that it costs like 4.5mil for the necklace

well so does the fury

But the fury is good for magic, defense, range, attack, and strength. The fury is alot more helpful as an all-around ammy, and isn't obby-specific either. In my opinion, the necklace doesnt even come close to touching the all around value of a fury, unless Jagex releases an awesome obby weapon that everyone would use.

happiehour.jpeg

nice but you should have done multiple trials, at least 5, its possible that you just got lucky.

I was just about to say.

10 minutes isn't close to enough time to get accurate results, neither are 50 minutes.

To get some nice averages you should use both mates for AT LEAST 100 minutes.

well so does the fury

But the fury is good for magic, defense, range, attack, and strength. The fury is alot more helpful as an all-around ammy, and isn't obby-specific either. In my opinion, the necklace doesnt even come close to touching the all around value of a fury, unless Jagex releases an awesome obby weapon that everyone would use.

yes true but all dark was talking about is cost.. so if you can afford a fury he can afford a necklace =/

bpkwolfen.png

Would this affect obsidian staff??

Yep but it gives negative magic so i dont see the point.

Reduces stab slash and crush

ya but if u were hitting some1 with the staff you could still hit higher

bpkwolfen.png

not to put a damper on your experiment, but the difference is so meager, that it really isn't worth it.

You got about 1k more xp in 10 minutes then the "classic" set up. 10 minutes is a very long time, and the results could vary quite a bit. 1k exp is <250 hits. It could been quite possible that you just got unlucky for one of the other.

Now if you trialed this a few more time and came back with similar results, then true...it could be profitable. But in my opinion, fury is still a better bet simply because it's an all-around ammy.

w4M8t.png

not to put a damper on your experiment, but the difference is so meager, that it really isn't worth it.

You got about 1k more xp in 10 minutes then the "classic" set up. 10 minutes is a very long time, and the results could vary quite a bit. 1k exp is <250 hits. It could been quite possible that you just got unlucky for one of the other.

Now if you trialed this a few more time and came back with similar results, then true...it could be profitable. But in my opinion, fury is still a better bet simply because it's an all-around ammy.

Yeah, like I was saying it definitely doesnt justify the price. Mabye if it was a dragonstone, fine. But there's not even any good obby weapons out there. Mabye if they made an 80 attack monster drop rare obby item that hits incredibly high, i would pay 4m to add to that. But for now, its definitely still not worth it.

happiehour.jpeg

Yeah, like I was saying it definitely doesnt justify the price. Mabye if it was a dragonstone, fine. But there's not even any good obby weapons out there. Mabye if they made an 80 attack monster drop rare obby item that hits incredibly high, i would pay 4m to add to that. But for now, its definitely still not worth it.

I guess the obby way would be cheaper than training attk with whip tho wouldnt it

sigbv9.jpg