Why Runescape is a good game

Happysniff

Runescape is the second most popular MMORPG with wow being the first, according to statistics. Yes, Runescape owns Everquest, and Guild Wars and it especially owns Adventure Quest. What makes it good? It is easily understandable. Runescape is in my opinion the easiest to understand, make your way through and to adventure as a noob. And why wouldn't it be? It has tutorial Island, skill tutors, a knowledge base and many more things that help us. You have NPC's telling you how to do things, where to do things and if you can do things.

Out of other MMORPGS like Rakion and Wow and guild wars, they are just plain hard to understand. Too much information to learn. Wow is so confusing when you start. Guild Wars is too. Others are also confusing. now this may just be my opinion, but Runescape is a very understandable game.

Not only is it understandable, but it is free. Aside from Rakion, Runescape has probably the biggest free worlds over all MMORPGS. It is one of the only popular MMORPGs that is free. Rakion is of course the best free game, but it is not as popular.

And the hassle to play runescape? There is no hassle. All you have to do is visit a site and you can start playing. You don't have to download anything. You don't have to install anything. Runescape is updated weekly, and when it is updated, you can start using those updates straight away (depending if you're a member or not). Updates are easily put into the game, and they are very common. Runescape even has a BTS, where it even tells you what is being updated in the month.

So that's my two cents.

happysigbp0.jpg

i do agree, runescape being a browser based game definately outranks most others in ease of play, the reason the graphics arent up to scratch is because its just abrowser game that you can play anywhere. if the graphics were like everquests it would proabably require downloading or just run really slowly, and noone wants that

besides, who cares for good graphics?

my pet peeve with rs is the sort of slowness of it, instead of being live movement (like wow) your character waits to move at an interval with everyone else, like a turn based thing, apart from that and the obvious lack of skill in... skills, rs is perfect.

mah 2 cents :D

siggity siggity shwa

what makes it good? the choices you have, were to kill, what to trian, you can do almost anything in runescape: youll never get bored!!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

The sheer variety is a big plus point. no other mmorpg has such a diverse skillset as rs, try and name one other game where players would choose never to train combat and just work on skills and still get a lot out of the game.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

RuneScape is the best game for me, ;cause you DON'T have to be running and fighting constantly like wow ect. ect.... and the skills, oh the skills!! farming, construction, runecrafting, woodcutting,fishing, mining, cooking..... so many non-combat skills that you can do just for fun. (and that very much needed gp lmao)

RuneScape is the BEST, because you DON'T need to run and fight constantly

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

Can't compare apples with oranges.

Same here, can't compare high-end graphics (for java) with a DOOM 3 engine graphics.

gydot2007sig.gif

Teetering on the brink of insanity

RuneScape isn't perfect due to highly uncommon updates for F2P like me. They're more like graphics updates. Adventure Quest owns RS here. They got F2P and P2P, and a only a limited number of F2P can enter, however they remember they got F2P's on the game and every week there's atleast one or two update(s) to F2P incluiding new quests, different than RS, which only gives new quests to P2P's (In 2 years, F2P had the same damn easy quests!), and it's also a One-Time Fee to be a P2P! (Should've stayed like that. Z-Tokens and X-Boost are steals, ESPECIALLY the damn tokens.) Monthly Fee is terrible. Forget the small price of $5 (Which is around R$12 here in Brazil). I prefer paying only $20 (R$42 here) than $5 a month.

Still, RS is good, and a true RPG: Do whatever your brain wants.

Won't even mention WoW. Damn, $20 for the game, and them $15 a month? No damn way, Blizzard!

What's Rakion?

Guild Wars? Also called "WoW For Poor People (WoWFPP)", guess you'll only pay for buying the game, but still, if I installed it on my crappy PC, it'd blow on my face.

Quick text: AQ owns RS on price (Just forgetting about the "Steals"), both own WoW on price (Though not fun or what) and GW too. AQ wins in price, which's crucial on these. WoW and RS tie in fun, I guess (Never played WoW or GW). So, I'd say AQ owns RS on this, and RS owns AQ in that.

!TIE!

RuneScape is the best game for me, ;cause you DON'T have to be running and fighting constantly like wow ect. ect.... and the skills, oh the skills!! farming, construction, runecrafting, woodcutting,fishing, mining, cooking..... so many non-combat skills that you can do just for fun. (and that very much needed gp lmao)

RuneScape is the BEST, because you DON'T need to run and fight constantly

Lol, it's all perspective...

I could quite easily claim that Rs is the worst, because you don't get to run and fight all the time, and has lots of skills which you 'have' to do if you want to be effective in combat or earn gp for your weapons / armor.

RuneScape is the WORST, because you DON'T get to fight constantly!.

... See?

As for being the best, I agree with the 'Apples and Oranges' analogy... Right now, i'd rather be playing WoW. Sadly i'm having hardware issues - So i'm fortunate enough to be able to play RS.

Different strokes for different folks...

- Gid.

Edit: And as for cost issues, I often hear people complaining about the cost of WoW etc - Saying how much else you could be doing with the money... I quit WoW [ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã8.00 a month] and joined a gym / sports club [ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã23.00 a month].

WoW kept me entertained for a lot less money. :P[/code]

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

what makes it good? the choices you have, were to kill, what to trian, you can do almost anything in runescape: youll never get bored!!

I completly agree with that one.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

another thing great is the amazing number of quests available.. now its like going at 110+, and its not the 'go kill this', 'go get this' types, but ones with more story and puzzle solving.

Free demo, cheap access to the full game and good content in both. That's enough.

"Live as though you were to die tomorrow. Learn as though you were to live forever."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

I was really hoping for Jagex to switch to a different engine for RS3, but in some interview I guess they're sticking to Runescript. It's definitely TOP NOTCH for Java based. And I agree that you can't really compare RS to WoW. If RS switched to the same game engine, RS would blow WoW out of the water because of the diversity. Same graphics? C'mon, no competition.

61784167.jpg

Doesn't world of warcraft take like five CDs to install?

Yeah, it's like 6.5Gigs, and like .5 Gig a patch.

abr3qr2.jpg

Make the same mistake twice,

Burst of red and green covering me.

Brings the things that she loves,

I should let it fold over.