Magic With No Runes?

What if there was a way to cast spells with no runes?

My idea is:

There would be a staff that would cost 100k and that you could buy from the zaff the staff seller guy. You would be able to cast attack spells two levels under the highest attack spell (Fire wave=Fire bolt, Water blast=Water strike, etc.). No xp would be given.

How would this be usefull: Hell I don't know, but someone should be able to come up with something.

Questions, comments, derogatory remarks; place all of them here! :D

f203f1850c.png

Good idea. You just forgot to include a level requirement... Maybe have it so that you need to have about 15-20 levels above the regular level requirement (for casting with runes)to use each seperate spell. And also very litle, if any, exp would be a good idea too.

Also, this would only be for combat spells, right? Because if it wasn't... Infinite alchs and the death of nat crafting anyone?

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I personally think:

Cost - 500k - 1mil

Only Rune Used: Air (Otherwiseit will definately NOT happen)

Should be at a shop (Not Zaff's) Way out in wilderness... Guarded by level 60's, and you need a key to get in and you can teleport from there because the owner Sells All f2p runes for 10% off..... :XD:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Seems a little overpowered and underpriced to me.

Still, I expect Jagex might introduce something like this as a recent survey discovered that the reason people train mage and range less is due to the consumables.

Harrington.gif

That would completely kill metal dragon slaying.

I disagree 100%.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Good idea. You just forgot to include a level requirement... Maybe have it so that you need to have about 15-20 levels above the regular level requirement (for casting with runes)to use each seperate spell. And also very litle, if any, exp would be a good idea too.

Also, this would only be for combat spells, right? Because if it wasn't... Infinite alchs and the death of nat crafting anyone?

You would have to have a high enough level to cast the adjacent attack spell that is 2 lvls (not mage lvls) above it.

Well, everyone thinks my idea is crap, but that's ok :)

It would be nice for a big mage war...

f203f1850c.png

I remember a suggestion about extra bonuses for skill capes a while ago. For magic, you could cast 10 spells or something an hour without using runes. I like that better. High level requirement, limited amount of usage, and not overpowered. Not to mention a good reward for working for 99 magic.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I think the staff wouldn't need a level to wield, and the cost is 300k per staff. The experience would be the same as using runes. No mages would be overpowered b/c they would nly be able to hold a spcae for 3-4 more food slots (meaning 25 food and 3 spots for teleport) b/c melee people who sue tele got 25 unless they don't use it then they have 28, but many have 25. So it would even it a bit. I like the idea.

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

hmmm... sounds completly useless to me. you normaly want to cast spells to train mage, but u said it gives no exp. The other way to use it would be to atk with it but who would want to pk with fire bolt? -.- i dont support this usless itum, sorry

i have to agree, what would really be the point?

tanmzammyvest,Pk%20%20Blooded.gif

even with no exp this could still be very over powered, those poor lessers would get pwned 24/7 all for rune meds...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn