Cheapest way to get 47 construction.

Roberthree

considering what people pay for soft clay these days I would say ponds are actually a pretty bad way to level. Stick with your highest level chairs until level 33, and then build oak larders.

x_exdeath_x.png

Offering 91 and 93 herblore assists. PM me in game.

Tears of Guthix!

Also, the lamps you get from the new achievement diary (1K for easy, 5k for medium) can be spent on any skill. These two are reasonable easy to get.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

You could use limestone. Mine it yourself (the mines at the rag and bone man startring place are limestones) and use it to level. It's free.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

considering what people pay for soft clay these days I would say ponds are actually a pretty bad way to level./quote]

not if you use the sapphire bracelets and a close bank like Varrock.

You can easily mine a load of clay in a minute and most people have lots of sapphires in the bank.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You could use limestone. Mine it yourself (the mines at the rag and bone man startring place are limestones) and use it to level. It's free.

How do I level with limestone?

(Mining is one of my few good skills)

There's certain things you can build that uses limestone.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Yanille is the closest place to a bank, but requires a relatively high construction level. The most cost efficient and practical method to level up, at any level (past 15) is Oak Planks. Observe the random math I did a while ago...

Plank & Nail (this assumes that you a: never bend a nail and b: you're making the nails yourself, so at 0 cost).

100gp to Make / ~100gp to Purchase

100gp/29xp = 3.44gp/xp

Oak Planks

250gp to Make / 400gp to Purchase

250gp/60xp = 4.17gp/xp (|) 400gp/60gp = 6.67gp/xp

Teak Planks

500gp to Make / 1000gp to Purchase

500gp/90xp = 5.56gp/xp (|) 1000gp/90xp = 11.11gp/xp

Mahogany Planks

1500gp to Make / 2000gp to Purchase

1500gp/140xp = 10.71gp/xp (|) 2000gp/140xp = 14.28gp/xp

So truly, the best guaranteed XP is in Making your own Oak planks, however purchasing them is just as good (although it may be alot in the long run).

So if you want efficiency, use Oak Planks (too lazy to do a cost comparison of other items). Speed would be Mahogany Planks once you reach lv40 (lowest level mahogany item).

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I just want a mounted glory :/

Houses are a money-pit IMO. Other than free transportation and increased prayer xp, it seems like a waste. PKing? Duel Arena or Wilderness. Fun minigames? those are all over the place. Parties? Eh...one of those near Seers.

I'll try the clay and limestone method.

try clay if your house is still at rimmington.. the clay mine is just east of the house, and theres a well at rimmington. remember to bring a rope and bucket too.

or wear the enchanted sapphire bracelet for 28 insta-wet-clay!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

considering what people pay for soft clay these days I would say ponds are actually a pretty bad way to level./quote]

not if you use the sapphire bracelets and a close bank like Varrock.

You can easily mine a load of clay in a minute and most people have lots of sapphires in the bank.

Since he said cheapest way that would tell me he plans on buying materials. Not to mention you could mine all that soft clay, sell it, and make more exp off the planks it would buy.

hmm 3k (10 soft clay) worth of materials for 100exp

or ~450 (4 planks and some nails) for 2 chairs worth 58 exp ea.

It gets a lot easier once you can use oak things though since you don't have to deal with nails after that.

x_exdeath_x.png

Oh and for quests I would definitely suggest The Eyes Of Glouphrie since you get the crystal saw for your reward. This item gives a passive +3 that can stack with regular buffs like construction tea and evil stew to give up to +9 construction. +9 construction is really hard to get though, but +8 is doable. I used that way to get a guilded altar at 67.

As for exp - taken from the zybez guides.

* Darkness Of Hallowvale: 2,000 XP

* The Eyes Of Glouphrie: 250 XP

* Cold War: 1,500 XP

* Fremennik Isles, The: 5,000 XP

* Tower of Life: 1,000 XP

* Great Brain Robbery, The: 2,000 XP

Quests with a choice Experience

* Legends Quest: 7,650-30,600 XP (7,650 is given to 4 skills from a list of skills)

* One Small Favour: 10,000-20,000 XP (2 x 10,000 lamps for any skill of your choice over level 30)

* Recipe for Disaster: 20,000 XP (A Lamp to grant 20,000xp in a skill of your choice over level 50)

* Great Brain Robbery, The: 5,000 XP for any skill wanted

x_exdeath_x.png

I don't mind spending some money. I just don't want to break my bank into 14 bite sized pieces.

If I could do it for about 200k-300k that'd be super.

I'm at 21 right now and I plan to use Limestone to get 30. Mining limestone is pretty fast.

I can cut my own logs, and run my own laws if need be.

I just ran the base exp for 21 in the construction calculator, and it tells you the number of materials you'll need to reach 47. Your results should be somewhere around here if you're still level 21.

Your choices are

2,418 Plank & Nail - inefficient

4,674 Cloth - expensive

7,011 Clay - 2.1 mil in clay (REALLY expensive, I got to mid 60s on this much)

7,011 Iron Bar - still expensive

3,506 Limestone Brick - I never used them, so I don't know, but I've heard the garden isn't good to lvel

3,506 Steel Bar - expensive

1,169 Oak Plank - this was the method I used

779 Teak Plank - you can't use yet

501 Mahogany Plank - you can't use yet

If you cut 1169 oak planks yourself, and take them to the sawmill that will cost you roughly 292k gold to reach your level. Regular old planks and nails might be cheaper, but you'll be spending a lot more time cutting, running planks, and dealing with busted nails (and probably won't save that much overall).

x_exdeath_x.png

Oh and for quests I would definitely suggest The Eyes Of Glouphrie since you get the crystal saw for your reward. This item gives a passive +3 that can stack with regular buffs like construction tea and evil stew to give up to +9 construction. +9 construction is really hard to get though, but +8 is doable. I used that way to get a guilded altar at 67.

Wait.....So I only need 39 and those items

To bad the Grand Tree quest is really hard.

If it's a room you want then you can't use buffs to get it.

Tea gives +1, +2, or +3 depending on the level of your shelves in your kitchen. +1 starts at 6, +2 starts at 45

Evil stew can be made after you start recipe for disaster, and you do evil dave's sidequest. You'll find it VERY hard to get a +6 from evil stew, so don't count on it.

Either of those will stack with the crystal saw.

x_exdeath_x.png