Tip.It Times Presents: Robot Wars, aka Death of the Robots

Kiara_Kat

those rule breaker should get punished for it today i seen a guy swear 20times in a hour which i report him for at least 15 of those times andother guy say the same word 10 times and a last guy say it 5 times all in the same hour but at least the guy who over swore should get banned for it

skillsyough0.png

2dtv0.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agry with that! Allthough I was walking in w20 with my pk-er and i passed South Fally where the are and to my suprise there were over 20 bots cutting yews and running from one tree to another and so on... so I think Jagex still needs a long way to go! But it's a start :wink:

Well done Jagex! =D> :thumbsup:

Today i walked in world 128 and still there was a big circel of bots around the yewtree south of falador.

Its a shame that normal free players dont have hardly a chance to get logs..

And they where around all trees south of fallador and in lumby.

In my opinion it can't be so difficult to see that it are bots.. same names just other number so whats the problem to remove them??

Just look on other world they are also there with an other number.

It should be able to autoremove such accounts on same names in big numbers

I hope Jagex will take care of this soon because it to bad for words..

And gaming this way is no fun...

you guys a Jagex are definetally doing a good job... however... i have just come back from trying out 20 different worlds...ALL of them have at least 30 different bots at teh yews under fally... im sorry guys but its going to take about 3000 other botters banned to make me slightly happy.

good job on starting though

toky1337.pngGod.jpg

going for 99 prayer at 15 cbt!

^click for bloggeh ^

plox post?

This method you should be using, set a player mod or any other player next to any yew/willows trees in any f2p world. Let them ask random questions to the wc'ers (even if you have public chat off theyll still see moderator messages) And if they don't answer BOOM ban their accounts. And if they don't make an appeal message within a week delete their accounts. And permanent ban the ip where they are playing on.

Hard but simple. And if a yew spot is cleaned out, move to another world/spot and do the same. What I hate though is that you can only report 1 autoer at the time, and if the report abuse screen is open you can't check the names. That should be better.

Or how about this, create an question auto-reporter bot. Kill them using their own weapons. (just a joke, obviously I wouldn't recommend any rule breaking things)

Thanks again for a cracking article, thoroughly enjoyed reading it, even if I am a bit sceptical about Jagex's ability to ever be able to solve the problem :cry:

good read. good job to jagex for taking action too. But i think they can still do more about it. :wall:

why not send powerful mods or something to popular bot crowded areas and just like pick them off one by one, ban! ban! ban! wouldnt take long, just changing worlds and stuff. im sure at least someone would be happy to take the time..

i also have seen the 50 bots running from tree to tree in non-membs worlds and theres no words i can find to describe it... thx for the article! :D

jacob2002373.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

My heart skipped a beat when I read this article. (Well, no, not really... I didn't read it that fast... hmm... let's just say my hiccups went away when I read this article.) This is because it went through a full ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâþ of the argument I am composing, and was recently researching for on the RS forums.

So, if I may, I'd like to take Editor's points one step further and see what you all think.

Now that we realize that bots are only there to fill a new market,

and that banning the consumers by the hundred is more effective than banning the bots themselves by the thousand,

Doesn't it sort of follow that the most effective strategy yet would be to stop actively trying to attract the kind of audience that most readily falls into the pit that is real-world item trading?

The yearly ban is an appeasement at best. If Jagex were serious they would be reporting the numbers on a month by month basis and acting on all reports...not just member worlds. The author sounds rather giddy about this, as though the problem is being resolved. Best give some head shakes and breathe in a little more oxygen before you pat Jagex on the back...unless of course you are trying to dislodge the truth. I am repeating my rant from the autoer sticky because it seems this topic isn't getting the attention it deserves...or rather, placed on the back burner for another year.

Jagex is cutting down on the member worlds botting to appease the paying members, but in free they are literally being made in droves. I quit in February but was chatting anyway for an hour so a friend said lets woodcut.

At the the yews we would never get a log, so we went to Draynor. There were no obvious autos there...but passing by were the yew autoers and newly made bots. This is not a player name...I repeat this is a bot name not a player name...this is a bot name so don't report here please. I saw fcfc and the numbers after were 4 digit.

digits: 1000 to 1050, 0600 to 0900 almost any random number, then 0920+

What does this tell me...Well being I reported nearly 20 fcfc named bots in so short a time means Jagex has poor detection systems (surprise, surprise); it means that any mod could have detected this and that means no mods have been around for days for that many to be made or rather to still be in operation ( j mods should also be doing it...j mods have low level accounts and some paid staff should be working on this) it means that if I could detect a bot army visually, Jagex has the data base and can and should detect by repeat names and repeat skill pures of any name should automatically be banned as bots.

The 400 or so I found by checking hiscores in that hour while i was woodcutting is probably just a spit in the bucket of the actual number this guy has just under fcfc. It also means Jagex is woofing you into thinking they are attacking the bot problem. They have done a cursory sweep in member worlds and I cannot even report this as a non-member...so speaking of spit in a bucket...the 'crack-down' announcement was to appease as the detection system in place is is not effective.

Jagex is doing a great job of cleaning up the game. Enjoyed the article. :D

Same here :). The Tip.It times is surerly a great thing :D. Keep it up!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

And just to point out, "quantity" is spelled wrong in the "Did you know.." section.

I pointed that out on page 4, and I'm posting about it again because they still haven't done anything about it...

Jagex is doing their efforts to eliminate autoers in members, but more and more autoers are produced everyday especially in nonmembers, every 2 minutes I report an autoer. JaGex has a long series of banning autoers and fixing runescape, they do not have enough time.

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

• 1 month later...

WHAT A JOKE! Jagex claims they have done a lot, but just tonight I busted over 100 people macroing on ONE tree! Call me crazy or whatever, but I think Jagex has done almost nothing. Yes, P2p get priority, but PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE clean up our F2P. They are THE WORST!!!

funyae4.th.png

• 3 weeks later...

When I first read Runescape's frontpage and saw about all the players banned for macroing, I thought it was a relief...days later, I read War of the Robots article from The Editor, here on Tip.It and read this forum thread for a while, thinking my own comments, without writing anything...

Since then, I've continued playing Runescape (on members) as I usually do, and continued walking around the map to get to different locations etc, like most people. When I went to ANY yew tree, I would find lvl3 players with strange names "Steve 00097" and others, not answering, not doing anything else than running to bank, come back cut yew. I went check out other yew places, and there was more macroers...

I went to fishing spot, still there was macroers. Different skill, but same kind of players:macroers. I decide to cook some stuff, then again, more macroers...i go pick up flax, there was MORE THAN 30 macroers...there were also macroers at blue dragons...

Most people probably got to the same logical conclusion i have : INCREASING macroing...

Also something else I've noticed...usual macroers are on their own, sometimes created by the same person, but they do their stuff on their own. But I've seen a NEW kind of macroer...the ones that work together...I noticed that macroers with very similar names, in different locations, did skills that relate to each other...I found one grabing flax, giving it to another making bowstrings,who gave em to one that strung yew bows, who also received yew logs from a woodcutter...all level3, with no other skill than the one they were assigned, and doing this 24hours...

With this new kind of macroers/autoers, Runescape's inflation might increase to an even worst state.

Conclusion...if things continue this way, both F2P AND P2P worlds will have some sort of "end of the world". Skill items' price will greatly decrease, others will increase, Runescape's highscore will be filled with macroers, and honest players will suffer the consequences...as well as Jagex, who could loose a great deal of players that could get angry of the situation.

Personally, I've been playing Runescape since Runescape Classic, which is about 4 or 5 years...and yes, i am still a "noob" barely level 90 combat, with no non-combat skill higher then 72...I've used Tip.It since I started playing Runescape and if I'm still this lowlevel, it's because i ENOJY the game, help the people, and never play more than an hour a day...and i also like to just walk around aimlessly in Runescape lol.

My point is, because of macroers and that kind of people, many players like I will have to suffer the consequences of playing in a completely messed-up game, or simply quit....

What can WE do??? Nothing...just walk around, report whatever macroers we see, and hope Jagex will be able to continue/improve (alot) their banning personel to save or slowdown Runescape's problems.

Jagex has done a great job so far, let's hope it does even better now ;)

>~~