Tip.It Times Presents: Robot Wars, aka Death of the Robots

Kiara_Kat

This is one of the best articles I've ever read from you... great pointers. I would love to join you in cutting Yews also. :wink:

Jagex will win every round as we know it. I love how aggressive Jagex is starting to be now! =D>

Damn it feels good to be informed about this, I would love to see updates on this issue every week. This goes great with the mass bans we had last year, I believe this problem will be over quicker than we think.

Hell, as I'm typing, macroers/cheaters are being banned. :XD:

@ 11themask: More like Jagex - Autoers / 1 - (-21375) :)

adventurer86.png

suggest.gif

ORLYSIGLMAHFAO-3.gif

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the banning of the real world traders is a good idea even moreso then just banning certain autoers..

the real world traders make the autoers have a reason to auto if they didn't buy runescape gold then the autoers would have no reason to auto pretty soon nobody will buy gold and cheat thier way to the top. :D

also the autoers in the members servers where getting really annoying making the fishing guild one of the best members places to be go down the drain for good conversations and getting people super cheap cooking levels the shark fishers had no reason to fish as the profit for the time was just horrible.

StarViv.png

@ 11themask: More like Jagex - Autoers / 1 - (-21375) :)

your totally right, i've changed it immediately :wink:

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

well there is some great points on this forum and i agree jagex has done a GREAT job =D> but jagex can ban a million bots per day they will keep comming back jagex needs to find a way to ban the ''system'' or whatever they are using. :-# because those 1000 bots will just be re-created within one hour, unless they are members then they would be mad but go to any world draynor(f2p) i can see bizillions of autoers. Jagex has blocked out alot. no cheats for the game and all that, which is good but this is the only ''cheat'' that they havent. im sure they can do it and i would be OVERWELMED along with millions of other scapers if they found out how to ban this software. it has a greater impact on f2p more. but i geus as kiara pointed out it also has a big impact on p2p'ers who want a good rank in they're skills. Great job jagex and keep up the good work. <3:

Let your yellow mellow.

The bot update is probably my favourite update of the entire game since ive been playing.

I used to cut yews in F2P against 1 bot or 2.

Now theres about 30 and theres just no point.

Great article.

Jaskkes.png

Finally, something has been done about the bots. If you want to see some real bot problems, go to the yews south of falafor on most any world. There are so many bots that a tree rarely lasts three seconds! I'm sick and tired of those $%#&@ stealing money out of my pocket. Not only are they cheating, but they're stealing too! When I returned to f2p after a year of p2p, I realized what a problem it had become. Go to any yew spot in f2p during a busy time and you'll see five bots, go at a less busy time and you'll still see one or two. Thank you Jagex, I applaud you for finally paying attention to a problem that, due to your own lack of attention has grown way out of hand. Yes, I am blaming Jagex for letting the kindling smolder and not putting it out before it became a raging fire. It is their fault for believing, "Why should we worry, It's not like it's a problem." Well, problems don't just pop up. They grow and grow until, finally, you can't put up with it anymore. And by then it is too late.

Thank you.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

jagex isnt even close to clearing out bots

i seen lvl 113 autoers at drags

only skills are str attack pray def and hp and all wearing rune chain cuz they cant do dragon slayer. I kill many autoers a day at greens and they hardly are reported becuz it is in wilderness. i report all i see that wont respond to "are you autoing" and i encourage plays to do the same. im not exactly happy about people making millions of gp from autoing there a day.

very nice well-written article!

but...!

The mysterious editor has stated that s/he had to scrap his or her first article, because of the examples on Friday....

I am curious to see what the first article said! If that could ALSO be posted that would be really cool

Thesmallone9.gif

Yes, definitely a good job and seems like Jagex did win this round.

But as we all know (and surely Jagex knows too) the war against bots and sweatshop operators has to be an on-going effort. Although the game will never be totally free from bots/etc, it must be controlled... otherwise, it'll negatively impact the social aspect of the game too. We'll have to start making friends with bots instead. The up side is, the bots are good listeners tho... and they never call you a noob.

Oh, the bots are killing cows and collecting cowhides too.

yeah! now i actually have a chance to cut yews! so i can make money and get my other skils high (even range which i still think is rubbish because it is so expensive and we already have magic) so good job jagex, wait i am still a pessimist on this subject and always will be, at least now when i become a member, soon, selling sharks and whatnot will be more profitable.

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

Great article, Mr. Editator, fully worth the wait! But I found one flaw in the post-article "Did you know...":

item quatities or prices

You're missing an "n" in "quantities" ;)

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that whoever writes that piece (for I'm sure the great Editator would never misspell!) doesn't use spell check XD

Bots????

You read the annoucement all wrong.

Its chinese gold farmers that are running amuck in runescape.

I haven't seen bots since the the lvl3 baldies convention at the varrok ess shop and the insueing pure ess debacle.

Its chinese people hooking up on the game like a job.

They set there dudes up like you and I do at the yews and sharks.

They camp all day, probably browse the internet at the same time, give there collections to their boss, log off, and clock out.

Its the spoiled little rich kid getting dadies credit card out and buying up some gp thats responsible for all this.

And hopefully, Jagex will get serious about these kids and ban all their accounts and their ip for life since they are ruining the game.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Go JaGex!!!! \' Ban dem folks wid de fancy I-legal softwares!! \' It's noticed, too. The average amount of players is about 20k less people, which means less crowded worlds. I report every macro/autoer I see, so I feel responsible. You do it too! Anyone saying the same sentence repeatedly or a very low-level doing high-level things is breaking the rules. Report them or die!! (Since you would be an accesory.) :shame:

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

They camp all day, probably browse the internet at the same time, give there collections to their boss, log off, and clock out.

I'm not Chinese, but that's racism. Chinese people are allowed to play the game just as much as you are. It's wrong to say all Chinese are working in sweatshops for real-world traders, and not all sweatshops are in China either.

And hopefully, Jagex will get serious about these kids and ban all their accounts and their ip for life since they are ruining the game.

You've got the whole concept of an IP wrong. I live in a 'third-world' country, so about 2000 people here share the same IP. Not only that, but it gets reassigned every 24 hours. If you have dialup, you get a new IP every time you reconnect. AOL shares IPs between hundreds of people to save money. IP banning won't ever work.

I'm so glad that they're putting anouncments on the main page saying that they are doing this! because personaly, iv heard friends talking at school saying that they use bots, and that they havent gotten banned. so wats stoping me from doing it? hmmm... maby the other 20,000+ people that got banned (in a week!). so i think simply saying that they're doing this is stoping a lot of people from autoing/real world itum trading.

btw, i never knew that they could track how long you played lol... i wonder who that one guy has played for...

So yea, Jagex, you rock!

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

I also think its a good thing jagex started with banning all bots.

Its almost unbeleaveble how many bots there are by the yew trees, like 10-15 players a yew?

tip.it should do an event of reporting all macroers, and "killing" them by the yew dropping technique. (for more information, look at this guide http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=620763 )

I realy think this would be fun =)

robben.gif

notfordummies.gif

I'm not Chinese, but that's racism. Chinese people are allowed to play the game just as much as you are. It's wrong to say all Chinese are working in sweatshops for real-world traders, and not all sweatshops are in China either.

Who said all chinese people do that! Of couse they have the right to ply as much as everyone else!

If you want to say someone is racist say jagex is, as he is using infomation that Jagex provided. I wouldn't even go that far, as Jagex were just identifying a problem, and presenting that in the most simple way. Of course people in other places do it aswell, just jagex said that most people doing it are in China.

good for us and good for jagex..bc these ppl who cheat will just buy annother account or pay for a new membership and start a macroer again.

hopefully they wont start banning all the ppl who buy the "dirty" resources.

..like the lev 3 characters dumping 600k p ess on forums....

Not all macroers will buy new accounts... And it's not directly the macroers they want to handle... they want to punish those who buy rs money, buy punishing with perm bans=> less buyers => less macroers...

macroers will just find it harder to bring their goods to ppl.

Nice one Jagex! \'

And good article! =D>

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD