What will Runescape be like in 50 years? Or even 5?

n_odie

Lol I don't think Runescape will be around in 50 years, in fact I don't even think computer games will be around then...

In 5 years? That's difficult to say, the future is uncertain. :D

But probably better graphics and sounds, definitly.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, skills will probably go up to level 150.

Drop parties will be as big as today's Times Square New Year parties, LOL.

Thats an interesting thought. :D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

in 50 years rs is gone.... non-exsistent.

5 years, full of scammers, macros, people trading rl items for rs gold ect.

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Guest ShadowClawe

My brother says in like 20 years or so, they will have males kiss frog princes, and girls frog princesses. -.-

My brother says in like 20 years or so, they will have males kiss frog princes, and girls frog princesses. -.-

so sad :cry: It is sad what this world is comming to.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sort of hoping that the legends quest is stopped so legends become real legends. Also the graphics will be better but not enough for you to need a super computer or the need to download a client.

Imagine whacking someone with a rubber chicken or turning into an easter egg!

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

Strange question since nobody can know what the future will bring.

Future is good description of a phenomenon that in fact does not exist. Almost everyone thinks that the future exists! Future only exists in gestation. What the imaginairy future will bring is as certain as getting the winning lottery ticket. Making plans and stuff does not mean they will actually happen. We can have large expectations, but what if the future turns another path? A path that nobody had expected. Ofcours you can think/dream/discus of what the future might bring but stay realistic what is possible, not the other way around. How runescape will look in 5, 10 years or more isn't interesting. What interesting is, is how runescape looks now. Because it's real.

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I saw this post on the official forums and search for one here on Tip.It and couldn't find one. So, here it is...

What will Runescape be like in 50 years??? (due to the request of a few on the post so far) If you don't think it will be here that long, possibly how will it be in 5 years?

There are many ideas out there, the version that we love and play will be like classic to future generations?

Maybe WoW will be dead and Runescape will be the #1 MMO

Maybe first person? :ohnoes:

Who knows?

WhatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the Tip.It community think?

lol ive never played WOW but can tell u for sure rs will never beat wow, grpahics are much worse in rs and every1 who has played both have always said its like, 10 times better than rs..

rs is good, but WOW is better

and in response to where rs will be in 5/50 years, ive kinda wondered that, i think rs will be daed in 50 years, i mean, how often do u hear of games lasting 50 years(pong), better games will come out, in 5 years, i think rs will be pretty big, maybe its peak years, then in 10 yrs+ i think itll die a bit as MUCH better games begin to come out

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

F2P RuneScape would still be about the same as it is now in 5 years. P2P RuneScape would be completely awesome. I'll be working for Jagex in 5 years.

In 50 years, RuneScape will dominate the world. Millions of people would have membership. I mean, it's a growing game, right?