What will Runescape be like in 50 years? Or even 5?

n_odie

I saw this post on the official forums and search for one here on Tip.It and couldn't find one. So, here it is...

What will Runescape be like in 50 years??? (due to the request of a few on the post so far) If you don't think it will be here that long, possibly how will it be in 5 years?

There are many ideas out there, the version that we love and play will be like classic to future generations?

Maybe WoW will be dead and Runescape will be the #1 MMO

Maybe first person? :ohnoes:

Who knows?

WhatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the Tip.It community think?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think RS will exist in 50 years. It will proboly be superceeded by another version or a completly different game. Jagex might be bankrupt...

I just dont see this game being there, at least not as anything that really resembles what it is today, if just from technological advances that force the game to upgrade.

With Jagex number of Members increasing. The total amount of members can only go up! IF you think about it the more members they get the more money they make. The more money they make the more money they could put into the game. I have always loved the act that you don't need and software to play the game but they could make a new version that makes the graphics of the game improve ten-fold. They could make new skills and new lands. As long as there are kids willing to play an online game there will always be a need for someone to provide that game. Hence why Runescape is around now.

Also just think, if you walk around in a chicken or skelly suit, it will be rare!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

I don't think RS will die out slowly, I think it'll go out with a bang, or Andrew and Paul just milk it for all its got, then sell it on to the highest bidder, then it will die slowly, just like Eyrelex said. I think its going to be either one of those two. Either of those or it'll still be here..... :?

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

I don't think that they would sell. If one thinks about the annoucment a while back of there being 1m member,

:-s $5*1,000,000=???????

I dont think it cost that much to keep the game updated.

5,000,000*12=60,000,000 a year?

I don't think that i would sell if it would only go up :notalk:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Don't think its pure profit, there are many costs involved with running Jagex as there are with running any other company. Anyways they aren't gonna have a million members consistently each month especially not for 50 years, right now its the peak months since most kids are out of school or almost done school, im sure once september comes around the number of members will significantly decrease. Also i agree with you they wouldnt sell it if the number of members would continually increase but it just wont, eventually many of the people that are playing now will lose interest and the rate at which new players come into the game will not be enough to counteract it.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

It is obvious Runescape wont las that long :o

I give it maximum 5-7 more years..

See how even WoW is starting to declining.. Nothing can stay forever.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Inthat case just predict what it will be liek in the future. You could go into a virtual softwar. The point of a post is to have fun. :P

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

The question I think is how entertainment is going to develop.. Are videogames going to be played forever like board- and cardgames, or will it just die like outdoor games like ropeskipping? It's all about where the society is going to develop into, IMO :-k

getfirefoxmo6.gif

what will runescape be life in 50 years

i really hope i wont be here still to find out...

The orignal owners of Jagex will be dead though

Hmm could be, they're like... 40-50 now? so they'll be like 90-100 in 2057. With discoveries in the healthcare that's pretty plausible to me...?

getfirefoxmo6.gif

I don't think RS will die out slowly, I think it'll go out with a bang, or Andrew and Paul just milk it for all its got, then sell it on to the highest bidder, then it will die slowly, just like Eyrelex said. I think its going to be either one of those two. Either of those or it'll still be here.....

Wow, you just told us that it will either die quickly, die slowly, or not die. What else could possibly happen? XD And you managed to contradict yourself as well.

I personally think Jagex will sell it. After that, the future of RS depends on what the buyers will be like.

Everybody says Runescape will be gone in 50 years, but I'd like to know why. IMO Runescape won't exist in 50 years because Jagex will run out of ideas.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

it will be here but 10x more advanced

I think that is the overall point. Video games will still be around no doubt about that, but video games as we know them mayby not. 15 years ago mario was the game. know alot more advance. IMagine 50 years of technology to expound on it? :P

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

I don't think RS will die out slowly, I think it'll go out with a bang, or Andrew and Paul just milk it for all its got, then sell it on to the highest bidder, then it will die slowly, just like Eyrelex said. I think its going to be either one of those two. Either of those or it'll still be here.....

Wow, you just told us that it will either die quickly, die slowly, or not die. What else could possibly happen? XD And you managed to contradict yourself as well.

I personally think Jagex will sell it. After that, the future of RS depends on what the buyers will be like.

There is no contradiction, just read it again, anyhow i'd guess on the second choice, why would there exactly be this "bang"? if it still were profitable it should hardly be suddenly stopped, unless it really was withered, which already means the second option

I would say it will last around 6 more years before it dies out. Times change and interests change. The odds of runescape still being a popular game in 50 years is the same odds as pong making a comeback as the most popular game.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP