Whey, GCSE's.

Star.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought the exams were sat in summer time?

Some modular papers are sat in january if I remember rightly, they aren't that bad however (less of them to revise for) and most can be retaken in June if you screw up on them.

Some modular papers are sat in january if I remember rightly, they aren't that bad however (less of them to revise for) and most can be retaken in June if you screw up on them.

bingo. got 3 science modules the week after I get back to school... All of them are pretty easy. i'll revise a bit for the chemistry one though since thats my weakest science by far.

Tk5SF.png

bingo. got 3 science modules the week after I get back to school... All of them are pretty easy. i'll revise a bit for the chemistry one though since thats my weakest science by far.

We did the first of our modules last year and got the results for that during the summer.

It's not a percentage but a comparison on how you did compared to the rest of the country if there was only 100 people.

Chem - Beat 94/100

Bio - Beat 96/100

Phy - Beat 82/100

Now we know which one I hate :P.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

We did the first of our modules last year and got the results for that during the summer.

It's not a percentage but a comparison on how you did compared to the rest of the country if there was only 100 people.

Chem - Beat 94/100

Bio - Beat 96/100

Phy - Beat 82/100

Now we know which one I hate :P.

we got actual marks for all 6 of the modules we did last year.

2 modules for each science

chemistry - 45/50 and 45/50

biology - 47/50 and 48/50

physics - 48/50 and 50/50

those are rounded up from the mark out of 36 from the actual paper to give a standardized score. 45+ is an A* so im pretty happy with those. No resits for me ^^.

GCSE marking system is stupidly complicated....

Tk5SF.png

I got all A* in GCSEs last year, but that's cause I was literally locked in a room with only my books for about two weeks.

But hey, it did me good, and now I'm predicted 5 As at AS. And now, as I'm perm banned from RS, Ima try even harder, maybe push for Oxbridge I dunno. That stuff isn't hard though, it's just a matter of whether you can be bothered or not. Seriously, if you're doing GCSEs soon, just revise your [wagon] off. Understand the concept, and buy practice papers. You can get them from AQA, edexcel, OCR webpages for free I think. Exam technique is really important, so is understanding how they mark the papers.

If you're doing English and in the exam you're asked to analyse two poems/short stories or whatever, WRITE A STRUCTURED PLAN AT THE START. I have a friend whose Dad is a GCSE marker, and he said that this year they are starting to give extra marks if you produce a well written plan at the start of your essay. Don't forget to include a really badass phrase or expression, either amazing rhetoric or a quick expert assay (assay, not essay) in the opening paragraph. Believe me, markers dont read everything you write, and there are really only two places to WOW them; at the start, and the end.

Hey.

GCSE... none of my business =D>

The one that bother me is HKCE (Hong Kong Certificate Examination), a examination which closely resembles GCSE, taken by student in the age of 16 BUT quantitatively harder, requiring much more factual memorization and daily, exercise as some of the questions asked can be solved with ease if I know some key steps or tricks, but cannot be solved if any knowledge on the gimmicks are absent,i.e. daily exercise is vital :cry:

I'm going to sit for that exam in April 08. Yet, I still havn't started my revision plan yet. perhaps I should start my revision stuff soon.

I guess I will get a 4 or 5 in Chinese, 5* in English, and A for most subjects that I take (physics, chemistry, maths, additional mathematics, biology and economics)

(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HKCEE if you wanna know more)

DON'T say that I'm showing off! THIS IS ACQUIRED BY THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF GRINDING! I hate grinding and I'm relatively impatient, thus my mining lvl is relatively low. :evil: The same goes for my studies - I wouldn't grind so much in order to gain these results if I were given such a chance! In real life, I don't have a autotyper or SCAR to aid me! I must do tons of exercise in order to learn the key steps or tricks in every questions. (Don't ask me what is SCAR. if you know, then you know. If you don't know, google is your friend. Please don't ask me) -.-

Unfortunately, my parents and my school forced me in doing so. Parents do this for my future, school do this in order to gain a better reputation among parents and of course, pleasing education bureau guys :shame: .

Good luck with all the GCSE guys. I can sense how you feel and I can experience how much pressure are exerted on you at this moment. Hope all of you obtain a score... WITH FLYING COLOURS FTW! :mrgreen:

Currently taking a break from Runescape