Whey, GCSE's.

Star.

I don't get why people get so pressurized under the "strain" of GCSE's. And the teachers at our school don't help at all. I quote (a.k.a. try to remember) my feminist English teacher. "You've been training for this for 5 years."

Yeah, that's supposed to help those students who are under stress ..

Anyways, had a German oral exam. Pretty sure I messed up big time but I still have the reading and listening exam to go through.

Tomorrow is ICT exam. This will be easy as it's the key skills exam. (Gives you different option answers).

[/threaddiscussGCSE]

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not GCSEs but I had an exam on Global Network Architectures today, supposedly aimed at 3rd year degree students, but would have fit right in at A-level it was so simple.

However, Realtime Networks on Monday stands to be the hardest exam I've ever done.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

General Certificate of Secondary Education

Yeah, it's that time for me too.

Can't say i'm really worried about any of them, but I definitely don't like this constant nagging feeling that I always could be doing some more revision. :(

First exam is mathematics and RS on thursday. Maths should be a breeze (famous last words ay?) but RS might be tricky.

Roll on 15th June (last exam)...

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Another thing that doesn't help is older people telling those who are finding GCSEs hard that they don't even know that they're born.

is this similar the the SAT and SAT II? i had that a couple days ago, personally i did great on the math section, but died on the reading :(

Little younger for those.

I'm about to start my A-level exams next week, I can remember my GCSE's, I played Runescape and didn't revise, Straight B's..

If I had revised.. I could have gotten straight A's perhaps.

Stay away from Rs during your exam leave.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

i'm taking them end of next year.. right now its starting to dawn on me that

oh [cabbage] this might take a little more work than i had aniticipated..

GCSE latin is a [bleep]..

i think I did ok on my science modules for this year though.. over the 6 tests i got a 47/50 average.. I just hope i can keep it up

hope it all goes well for you good luck :D

Tk5SF.png

I'll probably get an A in geography A/A* In business studies, 2A's in science, B in maths (Already got A for RS) 2B in English hope I can push myself for an A damn Jane Austin. And pass all my ECDL tests (IT) My school only does 8 or 9 GCSEs :(

A friend to all is a friend to none.

is this similar the the SAT and SAT II? i had that a couple days ago, personally i did great on the math section, but died on the reading :(

Kinda. In the UK you graduate secondary school at 16, then choose go to college and get work experience for 2 years (I think?). Then you go to university.

To be honest, the whole "college" things completely confuses me. :?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I'm in the middle of my mock GCSE's, as I am in year 10 at school. I'm pretty confident that I did well on my maths and english exams. I think I screwed up on geography really bad, even though that's my strongest subject apart from music, and maybe media.

I don't see what the big fuss is about to be honest. In my opinion, after all these years of "training" I am finding these exams pretty easy, and I'm doing the higher tier papers,

My exam timetable is all messed up. They've set it up so that it's impossible for me to take part in the Religious Studies exam #-o .

arran_J_Cook.png

arran_J_Cook.png

Kinda. In the UK you graduate secondary school at 16, then choose go to college and get work experience for 2 years (I think?). Then you go to university.

So then it's just finals for them?

Yea, sorta like an exam, but an exam that's focused on your whole "high" school career.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Yea, sorta like an exam, but an exam that's focused on your whole "high" school career.

Oo... That would be hard. Glad i dont have to take that \'

I'm doing my highers at the moment so i know how you feel! #-o

Die Katze wurde von einem Auto uberfahren! :cry:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'm doing my highers at the moment so i know how you feel! #-o

Die Katze wurde von einem Auto uberfahren! :cry:

Cats, lol? Der ist ein gelegentlicher Satz.

-That is a random sentence-

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

then choose go to college and get work experience for 2 years (I think?).

College generally has nothing to do with work experience. In the majority of cases it is a 6th form college, which means it is academic. It is only similar to work when you're doing a vocational course.

Or after 16 you can just turn into a dosser like too many people that I know. #-o

But to the thread author; they are a piece of piss really. I got A - C in 9 out of 10 of the ones I did and a D in Food technology because I didn't do any of the coursework.

Im about to do my AS exams which are harder than GCSEs but don't require too much effort :wink:

iteme3721.jpg

i currently live in new zealand but our school does offer gcse's (igcse). Since i

am 14 at the moment turning 15 but did well in my internal exams last year, i got placed in an accelerated class and am currently doing 3 igcse courses

english (hard, our teacher marks EXTREMELY hard)

maths (easy)

science (easy)

anyways, come october/november to see how i do...

eggzs.png

GCSE's are basically a pile of piss :o

They are just basic key skills, they won't get you through life - unlike what your teachers are saying. Just relax and you'll do great :o

My A2s start next monday :-# *Must revise and not play RS*

GCSEs weren't too bad for me, but the progression to A levels is ridiculous - if you found a subject fairly hard at GCSE, you won't be able to handle it at A level - except the sciences, which are completely different, including the knowledge required :?

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Yeah, they're pretty easy but when you're expected to get 10 A*'s there's a bit of pressure :(

i feel your pain.. My parents actually expect me to get 10 A*s. I bet they couldnt even get a D in latin if they tried... its the hardest subject ive ever studied.

Tk5SF.png

Yeah, they're pretty easy but when you're expected to get 10 A*'s there's a bit of pressure :(

I know that feeling :D Its borderline possible for me to actually get that if I really work for it (taking GCSE's next year). I think I get 12 GCSE's or equivalants at the end of the year:

1 in maths

2 in English

1 French

1 History

2 and a half in ICT

1 PE

1 and a Half in RE

3 in Science

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!