Whey, GCSE's.

Star.

Yeah, they're pretty easy but when you're expected to get 10 A*'s there's a bit of pressure :(

I know that feeling :D Its borderline possible for me to actually get that if I really work for it (taking GCSE's next year). I think I get 12 GCSE's or equivalants at the end of the year:

1 in maths

2 in English

1 French

1 History

2 and a half in ICT

1 PE

1 and a Half in RE

3 in Science

im taking

2 english

1 maths

1 history

1 german

1 latin

1 ICT

1 Biology

1 chemistry

1. physics

i think i can ace them all if i really really try except for latin.. and maybe history.. those are the 2 i find hardest atm

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 in science ... ? 1 each for Biology, Physics and Chemistry? *Lost* So they are supposed to add up to 10/11/12?

This be mines I'm doing:

2 in Science

2 in English

1 in Maths

1 in Media

1 in Art

1 in German

1 in DT Textiles

1 in ICT

*Memory loss* can't remember what else :)

It's impossible for me to get A*'s because I've been put on Foundation Tier for almost everything. I used to be predicted A's at the beginning of Year 10 but silly me had to mess around in lessons.

Hahah they changed the syllabus for people doing the AQA science. And apparently it's really boring and hard compared to us guys.

Today was final day of High School evaaaaar. (Not including exam dates coming up) And tomorrow is the leaver's assembly .. shirt signing, book signing etc etc. It's going to be a laugh, we get awards for best dressed, fittest, best hair etc etc. It is a bit mean to those who aren't popular.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Today was final day of High School evaaaaar. (Not including exam dates coming up) And tomorrow is the leaver's assembly .. shirt signing, book signing etc etc. It's going to be a laugh, we get awards for best dressed, fittest, best hair etc etc. It is a bit mean to those who aren't popular.

I remember my last day at high school - what a night.

Went out to this place and my friends band played.

Few bevvies, made for a great night. Everyone that hated each other all through school were just getting on like a house on fire.

Make sure you enjoy your last day :thumbsup:

iteme3721.jpg

GCSE's aren't important, getting C's in them is, and getting the required grade in the subjects you are taking at A level but in the end when you go for a job they see 12 GCSE's or whatever, not oooh an A* in whatever, hire him! it's weird but GCSE's=Quantity not Quality

Here are mine by the way

2 Science

1 English (1 done last year, Grade B)

1 Statistics (Maths done last year, Grade A)

1 RE

1/2 Citizenship

1 History

1 DiDA

1 Art

1 P.E Sports Studies

Thick people also get to do a numercay and literacy half GCSE, how unfair is that! why can't we do that and tot our totals up to 12 rather than 11 and a half.....to be honest i could take the test and get an A* in about 5 minutes....

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

If it helps, GCSE's mean zip all once you have A levels, its us you need to be worried about as we have university to contemplate :ohnoes:

Depends which university you're looking at as to whether or not GCSE's matter.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I started my GCSE's, science modular exams were today, and I had an ICT exam, all of them were multiple choice lol. R.E tomorrow woopee <.<

Your timetable seems pretty similar to mine. Also had Science modulars today, and have the Christianity section of the RE tomorrow.

Also got coming up:

Maths (1 GCSE)

Statistics (1 GCSE)

English Literature (already got a B in Language) [2 GCSEs total]

Biology (1 GCSE)

Physics (1 GCSE)

Chemistry (1 GCSE)

French (1 GCSE)

RE (both Christianity and Judaism papers) (half GCSE)

Citizenship (half GCSE)

And have also obtained BB in IT (so 2 GCSEs)

Yeah, they're pretty easy but when you're expected to get 10 A*'s there's a bit of pressure

I know the feeling there. I used to think that it wouldn't be that much trouble, but seeing the results I've got so far, starting to feel the pressure now.

If it helps, GCSE's mean zip all once you have A levels, its us you need to be worried about as we have university to contemplate :ohnoes:

Well good point, but I didn't think they totalled up in UCAS points but I could be wrong.

just finished my rs exam about 3 hours ago... was a piece of piss, its just whther i got down all of the dam quotes or not.

1 question which pissed me off though:

i think it was 5c

why are families important to christians...

i was just like wtf!

i wrote some garbage about catholics say marrage is all about family, stuff about contraception and no sex beofre marrige. i couldn't think of any quotes from the bible though... anyways im sure i did fine

english lit on tuesday :anxious:

I so wish I was back doing my GCSE's. It is stressful because you have so many exams to revise for, so many pieces of coursework to hand in and it is all just piled on you. At the start of year 10 it was easy but then it got to after Christmas and they just piled it all on me, i was stressed every night from working so hard. At least now for my A-levels I only have 3 subjects.

Whoever said that phrase "pile of piss" damn you. I've got that in my head and it doesn't sound right.

I thought that A-levels would be harder. Exams are harder but the coursework sounds easier because you don't have a billion other subjects to focus on.

BloodWarrior that multiple choice questions were dead easy! I'm hoping to get 35+/40 because it was that easy.

English Lit on Tuesday for me too. Bloody anthology poems ..

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

English Lit on Tuesday for me too. Bloody anthology poems ..
Haha i remember them.

Is it like John Agar and people like that?

iteme3721.jpg

Well good point, but I didn't think they totalled up in UCAS points but I could be wrong.

TBH, GCSE's count for smeg all when applying for uni. Maybe, they'll want a foreign language grade C...but that's it.

if u find GCSEs hard its because ur thick, and deserve the low marks to align you into society appropriately.

GCSEs exist to separate the wheat from the chaff. to stop colleges and universities wasting time and money on thick people. if u cant get all Cs or better u really must be a bit dumb because its easy ...

lets face it, society needs thick ppl or who would empty ur bins.

untitled17gw8ps.gif

Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations whose influence has been a detriment to society and true scientific advancement.

if u find GCSEs hard its because ur thick, and deserve the low marks to align you into society appropriately.

GCSEs exist to separate the wheat from the chaff. to stop colleges and universities wasting time and money on thick people. if u cant get all Cs or better u really must be a bit dumb because its easy ...

wow... i dont know whether to agree or disagree..

I know GCSEs are supposedly a lot easier than A levels, but that doesnt mean they arent difficult.. You want to try sitting a GCSE latin paper and then saying its easy?

I agree with the bins remark however.. we need thick people to do menial tasks

Tk5SF.png

GCSEs are easy in general.

That's not looking back and thinking "oh boy, GCSEs are easy compared to this university work"; they were actually easy at the time.

They are easy because the amount of new material you're expected to learn in the time available to learn it is little.

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

Yeh GCSE's are easy

A levels are so much harder than GCSE's, if you found the oral exam in speaking difficult this year then dont do it next year because the speaking is SO much harder. Good luck in your exams, my next AS is next friday.

Yeh GCSE's are easy

A levels are so much harder than GCSE's, if you found the oral exam in speaking difficult this year then dont do it next year because the speaking is SO much harder. Good luck in your exams, my next AS is next friday.

Likewise <.<

Geography?

iteme3721.jpg

At my school everyone is going crazy over Study Leave, they set of stinkbombs, sprayed silly string, and did pretty thick things.

They were going to set off the fire alarm, but they werent that stupid, because other people had GCSES going on.

Lucky for me i have a year and a half till i start. :D

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

TBH, GCSE's count for smeg all when applying for uni. Maybe, they'll want a foreign language grade C...but that's it.

Oxbridge...

Wow, thanks for that brilliant comment. How did you do in your GCSE's? Judging by your spelling and grammar and attitudes towards evolution i'd say that your statement was pretty damn ironic and hypocritical. Be a little more sensitive about people who struggle with GCSEs, okay?

Oxbridge...

thats where i want to get to.. and i know that u need fantastic results to get there.. not just in A level but GCSE as well.

Tk5SF.png

Oxbridge...

thats where i want to get to.. and i know that u need fantastic results to get there.. not just in A level but GCSE as well.

Ditto. I don't think you need flat A*s but it probably helps. A's and A*'s though.

GCSEs will mean very little when trying to get in there. It's mainly on interviews and application tests.

For example, I knew someone with 4 As at A-level (yes, 4 at A2, not AS) and he didn't get in for some reason.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg