-

Syd

nice work, i personally suck at pixel art, *ive been taking lessons* but i noticed to the right of his staff the colour looked a bit 1 well coloured. give maybe a few ripples but keep it dark so it still looks like the inside of the cloak. but otherwise cool. :thumbsup:

Popoto.~<3

You're trying to emulate certain pixel art techniques, but you don't have a good foundation in basic techniques.

I would edit, but this is too crazy. It's rediculous how unreadable it is.

I agree that I'm not very experienced in pixeling yet, but could you anyhow give me any hints what here is going wrong..?

Atleast you seem like you know much about pixeling, so.

And what kind of pixel art techniques I'm trying to emulate? I'm taking model of a one "not pixel" -picture..

u5zhkTY.gif

Thanks guys for nice replies, I'm trying my best here and we'll see where does it take. I'm trying to stay focused all the time doing this, so the backround would fit the charecter.

I think I'm done for this day. Already got like 10 hours in total painted so.. :wink:

BTW: Diophantusdan, I saw your signature few days ago and that mostly inspired me to create one with quite similiar style!

u5zhkTY.gif

BTW: Diophantusdan, I saw your signature few days ago and that mostly inspired me to create one with quite similiar style!

Awesome, it's always encouraging to know my work inspires other work. I often have urges to create a new pixel after seeing someone's work even though mine hardly ends up ever looking as good.

ob2tu8.png

I love that grass.

But it's a bit hard to tell where the cape starts on the left side

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

You're trying to emulate certain pixel art techniques, but you don't have a good foundation in basic techniques.

I would edit, but this is too crazy. It's rediculous how unreadable it is.

I agree that I'm not very experienced in pixeling yet, but could you anyhow give me any hints what here is going wrong..?

Atleast you seem like you know much about pixeling, so.

And what kind of pixel art techniques I'm trying to emulate? I'm taking model of a one "not pixel" -picture..

Well first off, though it's quite clear, this is based off a John Howe image.

lotr-board_gandalf_box-cover.jpg

Important to cite your references.

Secondly, the shading, textures and are all very advanced. You seem to be emulating the original image, rather than completely understanding the forms and lighting yourself.

I think you should remove the strange detail on the character that you have added to try and emulate the folds on the clothes, and other details on the character. Block out the forms, then get to work on the folds, it's too busy and unreadable right now.

You anti-aliasing is just banding over the darker shades, and the lighting is really complex.

I'd like to see more progress. Good luck.

i think it looks very good, its a good picture you chose to pixel too. I really want to see this finished, great job! Although Lovelydude is a bit right, some of the creases in the cape are incorrect you should redo those.

Finally a WIP that doesn't completely suck and has some effort put into it.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Thanks for the creative feedback guys!

Still remember, that I aint that good in pixeling YET, so you shouldn't try to compare me to the original painter (who is absolutely brilliant). And for some of the parts I wanted to make something "own" in this picture instead of copying it right from the beginning. I'm now back and going to paint it a bit. ;)

And yes Lovelydude, I'm still quite off how to shade on my own so thats why I'm choosing model picture, to understand it better, so I could make my own pictures later.

u5zhkTY.gif

Sorry for missing updates, but this is such slow and careful work I need to have a little break from it. I'll get back on it when I feel like it. But this will be done, sooner or later, trust me! ::'

u5zhkTY.gif

WOW :shock:

Sniff sniiiiiffffffff snnnniiiiiiiifffffff

I smell talent :D

I'm really really likeing this piece awsome work and the grass looks great...

I am impressed... and that doesn't happen often :thumbsup:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

I finally finished this and I have to say it took me long enough. I worked about 30 hours (?) on it, but after all I think it was worth it. Even making it from already modelled picture it was extremely hard, but I keep this as a learning towards my future works.

Now people you can rate it if you want! And if you have any creative critisism tell me (nothing like:"YOU USED MODEL U NUB U CANT PAINTT YOURSELF NUUBB!!!"), thanks! ::'

BTW: I'm going to take a break from pixeling a while, cause this picture really made me work a bit too hard maybe.. But if you like this one I hope you will like my future pictures too!

u5zhkTY.gif

ZOMG YOU USED MODEL U NUB U CANT PAIN YOURSELF NUUBB!!! :evil:

:lol:

Looks good, althought I'm not sure about trying to copy the example in such ways. But oh well.

But.. WHY WHY WHY did you save it as a crappy .jpg? It ruined the whole pixelimage.

tipitsigte0.png

ZOMG YOU USED MODEL U NUB U CANT PAIN YOURSELF NUUBB!!! :evil:

:lol:

Looks good, althought I'm not sure about trying to copy the example in such ways. But oh well.

But.. WHY WHY WHY did you save it as a crappy .jpg? It ruined the whole pixelimage.

I only saved it as jpg at my signature becouse png was 64 kb big and you can only have like 30 kb big image on signature.. :( That's why I had to do it.

And yeah I don't myself either appreciate copying examples at all as much as doing your own artwork. As I already said before I used this picture as learning process towards my future artworks! And I think this worked out great in that direction. ::'

u5zhkTY.gif

gandalfexpb7.png

Well it's almost an exact copy.

But nice work redrawing it all.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Save it as a .gif, miles better than jpg for a pixel.

Other than that it does look nice, I'll give you that. You obviously spent some time on it and it has good detail.

My complaint is that, well, its a flat out copy from that painting. The great thing is you have the technique down now.

I think this is simply AMAZING even if its based off another picture, its 100 X than i could do, i suck at pixles, and im still not great at sigs either, im yet a beginner, but it looks VERY good :)

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust