::;:::Better ways to keep your account safe! 30+ supporters!

The_Gabe

Honestly, there should be no need for a bank pin and recovery questions at all. I don't care if 99% of the RS community was hackers, if you don't use 3rd party software and don't tell anybody your password, THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO GET HACKED. It's not like somebody can say hi and magically keylog your computer. It just doesn't work. Basically, to be hacked you have to do something against the rules. If you're breaking the rules, then you can go get hacked everyday for all I care.
You assume everybody who plays has their OWN computer. They could be playing from somewhere such as school or a library.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, there should be no need for a bank pin and recovery questions at all. I don't care if 99% of the RS community was hackers, if you don't use 3rd party software and don't tell anybody your password, THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO GET HACKED. It's not like somebody can say hi and magically keylog your computer. It just doesn't work. Basically, to be hacked you have to do something against the rules. If you're breaking the rules, then you can go get hacked everyday for all I care.

If that's your applinion (sp?) well I'll tell you this... I ones got hacked, but i didn't give my password away or use a 3ed party system, i lost a mil in f2p of stuff I had on me and my bank pin saved the rest of the stuff I had. I started using swiftswitch, but I had it for about 5 months, and didn't get hacked ones. Don't come to a conclusion so soon...

P.S. I did get hacked by a keylogger, but I had a bad feeling so I put everything in bank and didn't lose a feather. ( Got perm muted, but appealed that off.)

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

A perfect idea.

on the macroing point, no macros cannot use pins, because they record clicks and replay them. autoers like the ones on yew trees however can if they are programmed well enough, now all jagex has to do is invent a random event that is similar to bank PIN input.

I need help opening this tresure chest, it have some sort of number lock

Type in 5432!

Done.

Not talking about randoms or autoers, just talking about bank pins and recoviery questions.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You assume everybody who plays has their OWN computer. They could be playing from somewhere such as school or a library.

This is true. By thinking you can't get hacked by not usin 3rd party software, you a huge target for scammers.

While yes, it is true you should not tell anyone your password, you CAN be hacked thru emails (just opening one can put one in) or if somebody ELSE on your compueter go's on a trojan site.

You should have a bank pin, AND recorvery questions.

====Mrmegakirby====

Thank you \' :thumbsup:

sig2-3.jpg

Support.

*With tongue in cheek* Would this stop the usual line being said at Lumbridge?

"Free stuff please, I got hacked!" or any of the variations in leet.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Great idea!@!@!

Love it!@

I set the bank pin the day it came out \'

Alot of my friend with rares say they don't have pins because it messes up thier skilling if they log out :-k

Also make it that you can't set just random junk it has to be legit answer for the recovery question so macroers have to do something.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Support.

Omg, never thought of that :oops: Making those "noob beggers" stop begging about getting hacked or something would be a miricle! (sp?)

Thanks for bring that up! :thumbsup:

sig2-3.jpg

Support.

Omg, never thought of that :oops: Making those "noob beggers" stop begging about getting hacked or something would be a miricle! (sp?)

:) Your welcome !

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Support.

:) Your welcome !

I just saw another begger saying that he got hacked... The miricle of making him shut up would be like going to heven O:)

sig2-3.jpg

90%+ of all autoing programs already have the ablity to use pins...

Good idea though because it would force people to use pins. Normaly I am against forcing people to do anything, but sometimes you have to do it for their own good.

its to stop hackers not to stop autoers....

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Well, I've seen a lot of people saying that they got hacked and lost everything and I ask them, "Do you have a bank pin?" They usually say no. I suggest that Jagex should make 2 new pages for when you make an account, one for setting a bank pin, and one for recovery questions. This wouldn't hurt anybody, but save time so you wouldn't have to go to a bank and set one or go to main page and set recov. questions.

Tell me what you think.

This is a great idea. It could serve two purposes. It would make sure that everybody has these things in place, and it could also deter macroers. Not only would they have to now set the bank pin, but that means that they would have to use it. Not that this would get rid of macros, but it would certainly annoy them.

It may also annoy older players that make a new account, but they'll get over it. It wouldn't affect the new players, because they wouldn't know that it was ever any other way.

Actually it could stop banking macros. Full stop. I know this because my friend was an ex-macroer (he stoped when his main became perm banned and he screwed up his last chance appeal lol) and he told me that nearly all macro banking programs use one script. All have no bank accounts. And, as PIN owners would know, the numbers change all the time.

I have spoken!! HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Sorry..

I think it's a very good idea. It will be much harder for hackers to get into banks and sell all the stuff, because they will need to know a person's bank PIN, as well as his/her password.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

I think it's a very good idea. It will be much harder for hackers to get into banks and sell all the stuff, because they will need to know a person's bank PIN, as well as his/her password.

Another supporter :thumbsup:

sig2-3.jpg

i saw your title and thought to myself "must reject... :twisted: " but then i read your simplistic idea, and its actually very good :thumbsup:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

well it cant be a bad idea..... people might put in random junk for their answers/questions/bank pin but eventually theyll learn.....

i applaued the idea =D>

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

i saw your title and thought to myself "must reject... :twisted: " but then i read your simplistic idea, and its actually very good :thumbsup:

An almost rejecter!!!!! Nooooooo!!! We all gonna die!!!!!!! :boohoo:

sig2-3.jpg