Reducing Gas Prices

Defender2516

I like this attempt because we still get our gas by patronizing other companies.

US tried to tell everyone to not fill gas on May 15. they did it successfully before and gas went down the next day, since the one particular day had very low profit for the company.

Problem is, people just filled to the max the day before. oil companies aren't stupid. they just jacked up their prices on the days before may 15. may 15 came, they might have lost some money. but they made up for it from extra cash the days before.

in this attempt, all we do is patronize the competition for Exxon-Mobil. we get our gas, and we pay a bit less. A company called Thornton's gas has slightly less prices, we can go to them. My dad says we don't trust them since they're not a big name. Then again, does that mean we DO trust the penny pinchers at Exxon-Mobil who use every excuse to steal our hard earned cash?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I wish I lived close enough to work to bike there every day. I live about 15 miles away. For me, that is way too far to be biking every day, especially when it's raining or below freezing.

Pixeloaded.jpg

I wish I lived close enough to work to bike there every day. I live about 15 miles away. For me, that is way too far to be biking every day, especially when it's raining or below freezing.

Ever try riding your bike 15 miles? It actually only takes 30 minutes. I've done it in about 25 before, but we were really truckin'. :P

I'm aware though it's still very unpractical and most people would never do it. We used to do it on a loacal bike trail when we were kids almost daily. We'd ride from our town to the city on the bike trail so that we could ride around the city and stuff. Fun fun.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Ever try riding your bike 15 miles? It actually only takes 30 minutes. I've done it in about 25 before, but we were really truckin'. :P

I'm aware though it's still very unpractical and most people would never do it. We used to do it on a loacal bike trail when we were kids almost daily. We'd ride from our town to the city on the bike trail so that we could ride around the city and stuff. Fun fun.

It can be quite a challenge, I agree, however biking 15 miles even with poor fitness is far from impossible, and very rewarding.

If I were you, Scn, I'd try it just once. Nothing is better on a freezing day than some good exercise to get you warm. Believe me, it's fabulous.

You can't compare gas prices to children dying. That's ridiculous. You CAN fork out $7 per gallon if Europeans can. You can't rise a dead child from the grave.

You can't just say if the Europeans can afford it so can the Americans.

Gas use per person per year:

Europe: 275.6 (liters)

United States: 1,593.1 (liters)

So a person in the US spending $3 a gallon on gas spends a GREATER percentage of their income on gas than a person spending $7 a gallon in Europe.

Europe: ~15% of total population is overweight (Population: 490,426,060 [about 500 million])

USA: ~65% of total population is overweight (Population: 301,139,947 (about 301 million)

Ride a bike or use public transportation, problem solved. Europeans manage to do it, we can too. Being lazy isn't a reason; Or it is, you'll just have a higher chance of dying of heart diseases and other problems caused by obesity and overweight though..

The only reason USA is dependent on cheap gas is because of laziness. Stop using the car so much for short distance, use it only for trips that take like 20+ miles, and you wont have to buy so much gas. Absolutely nobody is forcing you or anybody else to buy gas.

Price of meat skyrockets? Eat chicken. Soda costs 5x? Drink water. Gas costs 3x? Ride a bike, use a bus, train, subway, walk.. :-s

Ride a bike or use public transportation, problem solved. Europeans manage to do it, we can too. Being lazy isn't a reason; Or it is, you'll just have a higher chance of dying of heart diseases and other problems caused by obesity and overweight though..

The only reason USA is dependent on cheap gas is because of laziness. Stop using the car so much for short distance, use it only for trips that take like 20+ miles, and you wont have to buy so much gas. Absolutely nobody is forcing you or anybody else to buy gas.

I work 22 miles away. I go to school 18 miles away. There isn't any public transportation where I live, and it is impossible to get to work or school any other way than car. Firstly, it would take forever. Secondly, it is very dangerous, there isn't any place to ride the bike other than on the road, which at points has lots of steep hills with blind curves on them. Thirdly, it is illegal to ride a bike on the expressway, and the only other way to work adds another 3 miles.

It isn't because of laziness, it's because there is no other way.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

To claim the US should "stop whining" about rising gas prices because members of the EU pay twofold the price is ridiculous. Firstly, all members of the EU have equal chance to elect EU members, the same EU members who enacted the COE bills (and the other green-bills) that force up gas prices. Trying to distance yourself from this responsibility is precisely the same as Americans distancing themselves from George W. Bush's War in the Middle East. The EU imports ~90% of its fuel, and ~60% of its gas. I hate to look beyond the acclaimed reason for America's "war on terror", but in the least it has helped temporarily stabilize gas prices in the US. I'm not saying countries like the US should occupy Middle-eastern territories for their resources; it's awful. But to lay constant waste to the name of the US government, and then come around and tell the US to stop whining about gas prices is holding the nation to a terrible double-standard.

I work 22 miles away. I go to school 18 miles away. There isn't any public transportation where I live, and it is impossible to get to work or school any other way than car. Firstly, it would take forever. Secondly, it is very dangerous, there isn't any place to ride the bike other than on the road, which at points has lots of steep hills with blind curves on them. Thirdly, it is illegal to ride a bike on the expressway, and the only other way to work adds another 3 miles.

It isn't because of laziness, it's because there is no other way.

There's nothing wrong with that, like I said if you must travel 20+ miles daily, you probably wont consider biking or walking. I wouldn't either probably

But starting up a SUV to rent a movie and buy some drinks less than a mile away? That's what America is doing all the time. It's the core of the problem. You don't need to take the darn car everywhere.

"I can do whatever I want, it's a free country"

Sure, keep destroying the atmosphere and consuming oil so you feel more comfortable. Soon there won't BE a free country where you can do stuff. (Not addressed at you, in general)

To claim the US should "stop whining" about rising gas prices because members of the EU pay twofold the price is ridiculous. Firstly, all members of the EU have equal chance to elect EU members, the same EU members who enacted the COE bills (and the other green-bills) that force up gas prices. Trying to distance yourself from this responsibility is precisely the same as Americans distancing themselves from George W. Bush's War in the Middle East.

You're completely missing the point behind the comparison.

If the citizens of the EU, who on an average has a lot lower income per capita than citizen's of the US (I'm actually being lazy and not bothering to check this number, so if anyone feels like checking that I didn't just make that up, I'd be pleased) can pay twice the gas prices without reaching financial ruin, use less than half the amount of gas without cutting down on transportation options, it stands to reason that citizens of the US would A) On the whole, be financially able to pay higher gas prices B) Use less gas.

It has nothing to do with whining about how expensive gas in the EU is compared to gas in the US.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

There's nothing wrong with that, like I said if you must travel 20+ miles daily, you probably wont consider biking or walking. I wouldn't either probably

Well that's all I wanted to point out, my gas usage is for places I can't get to any other way.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You can't just say if the Europeans can afford it so can the Americans.

Gas use per person per year:

Europe: 275.6 (liters)

United States: 1,593.1 (liters)

So a person in the US spending $3 a gallon on gas spends a GREATER percentage of their income on gas than a person spending $7 a gallon in Europe.

Maybe your government should invest a bit more on cars that use less fuel. I do a daily 25-mile round trip to college @ 95p/litre in my 1.3L car that does roughly 35-38mpg. The images I see of America are usually gas-guzzling monsters, pick-up trucks and massive long-haul lorries.

Maybe it is true that America is so much bigger, so places are further apart. If that is so, the need for vehicles that use less fuel becomes more important.

the problem isn't the cars, it's the planes! since thursday now the blue angels have been practicing for the memorial day airshow. imagine all of the thousands of gallons of fuel being burnt up just for "entertainment." i mean fireworks cause less pollution than those gas annhilating machines. airshows go on around the country, not to mention all of the commercial airplanes too. #-o

The problem is Nascar. Each car uses between 150 and 200 gallons of gas per regular race and countless gallons in practices. Also if you look at England their gas prices are around the equivalent of $6 per gallon. They would be very happy to get it for $3.10 per gallon.

Yep I'm a Magic Black. BUt when I used to play magic I was always blue.

The problem is Nascar. Each car uses between 150 and 200 gallons of gas per regular race and countless gallons in practices. Also if you look at England their gas prices are around the equivalent of $6 per gallon. They would be very happy to get it for $3.10 per gallon.
Nascar is nothing compared to America as a whole.

How many gallons do you think are being used when everyone goes to work, school, or public transportations?