Reporting offensive Runescape usernames?

Acero Frio

do peoples user names Really bother u? lol..

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

There is currently not a way to report this :wall: , but I don't know about offensive language; you could talk to jagex about this. :-k

It doesn't really seem like a big issue though, but something I would like to see jagex do.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Some screen names may not necessarily be offensive but just downright inappropriate. I've come across a few myself and I just resort to reporting them under offensive language. My hope is that when Jagex receives the report, they'll take one look at the screen name and know what I'm talking about :-k

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Some screen names may not necessarily be offensive but just downright inappropriate. I've come across a few myself and I just resort to reporting them under offensive language. My hope is that when Jagex receives the report, they'll take one look at the screen name and know what I'm talking about :-k

That was what I meant- this one was totally inappropriate.... :x

Acero_Frio.png

Doesn't jagex cencor usernames?

I tried to make a character "dark after" and it said that it could not be used. :-k

dark after is from a good book i read, i don't think its inappropriate...

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

There are some innapropriate names but i think jagex doesnt allow you to make certain names. For example, its says "sorry, that name is not available" when making the name. I heard in WoW, you get a message from the admins when your name doesnt fit into the game or if its bad.

There was a person named dieingfetus(numbers)[not naming the person directly, so I hope it's ok with you, mods].

Dieing and fetus when not together are fine, it's just that together they form not such a nice name. It's almost impossible to spot inappropriate names when creating an account. A computer cannot understand what words should not be put together.

2480+ total

yea, maybe MmmSyrup you should ditch this thought for good... jagex has banned honest players before, just because their usernames are not decent... that was a really sad incident... jagex wont repeat it...

You report them under offensive language. But it tends to work better if you mention in the chat that the person has an offensive name, just before you report them.(it gives jagex a better idea of why you are actually reporting them) Only report really inapropriate names though.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

If Offensive Language doesn't work, you can send Jagex a Customer Support query, mentioning the exact name of the player and saying that his name was offensive. Jagex should take care of it then.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

they arnt gonna do anything.. hense why there isnt a report thingy for it.... there not gonna bann someones character because of there name when they never broken a rule.

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

I have a lvl 3 skiller name Ihavecrabs81. Pretty unique, and highly offensive/shocking to a lot of people. I don't go on him that much though.

I don't get offended by usernames. EVER. I just give a chuckle if I see a really funny one that might be slightly offensive to someone. Like [kitty] Crunch. Top 1,000 ranked, and a Player Mod. I don't think Jagex cares very much either.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

A number of player mods have told me what they do for this:

They say "nice RSN" and then report the player, so JaGeX knows you're reporting the username itself, not neccessarily the player's actions.

Mastermule52.png

The refuge that you built to flee that places that you've come to fear the most ... is the place that you have come to fear the most.

Operator - http://www.heartunit.org

Council - http://z8.invisionfree.com/skillaz

Moderator - http://forum.meebo.com

LOL geez! i can see where it could be sort of offensive but do you really take it that seriously? not to flame or n e thing but ppl like that r stupid. its just the way they were raised or are influenced. i just walk up, laugh and walk away. dont do anything that might get u in trouble like what u did. jagex is a bit oblivious to the fact about htese names.

you mess with me, ill shove my wand... wait for it...... up yo nose! trolls, i swear.

Offensive, inapproriate and obcene names are against the rules.

It should not be offensive or break our Terms+Conditions.

- from RuneScape website, referring to new Usernames.

Names such as [kitty] crunch are only still up because the account was made before this rule.

Wouldnt it be odd if names such as [bleep] Y0 Mum (made up) would be allowed...but your not allowed to say it on chat screen? <.< .

Yes report their name under offensive laguage, 100% of the time they are also offensive in-game.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

they arnt gonna do anything.. hense why there isnt a report thingy for it.... there not gonna bann someones character because of there name when they never broken a rule.

That's untrue, I had a character banned for having an "inappropriate" name and I never broke a rule.