Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Finally beat "Never Too Late" on Expert. That song's intro always kicked my [wagon] as if it could only obtain sustenance by making contact with glutes. The rest of the song is pretty easy. Got 4 stars. Now just need to do Hot for Teacher and Satch Boogie on Expert and I'll have every song done on expert. For guitar at least.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to upload my GH:A scores at some point and my RB2 scores. Uploading 300 my 300ish RB2 scores will NOT be fun.

Rockband Scorehero is rubbish though and easy to get high on due to not a lot of people having submitted scores for it.

It doesn't help that Rock Band doesn't give you a note streak etc. (Or any time to write anything down/take a picture) when you're playing setlists, got so many sightread FCs in that game but as they were part of sets didn't record them. Plus the game doesn't even tell you if you GSed something or whatever at a later point so :s

Rockband Scorehero is rubbish though and easy to get high on due to not a lot of people having submitted scores for it.

No kidding, me and Diesel played in a guitar/bass team last night and took 1st in about half the songs we played. None of the songs had more than three or four scores submitted. Of course that was on Wii, which hasn't been out as long, but still.

p2gq.jpg

I played GH3 today for the first time in a while (About 5 days). Started off with a re-FC of Generation rock with a slightly improved score.

Then went to the main setlist and did this:

barracudafc.jpg

Now I never have to play that stupid song again, first playthrough I got halfway through and the game jumped :s I really need to get my transfer cable from microsoft so I can start saving games to my 120GB HDD.

Then I decided to finish that set, this is good enough for me :P

sunshineofyourlove100.jpg

Might not be an FC but oh well, I should have had this AGES ago, it was the first song I beat on hard and expert (I beat it on expert before I beat anything else on hard lol) just kept missing stupid things.

Finally finished 4*ing the Dragonforce songs with this:

revdev91.jpg

Pleased with that 91%.

Then had a go at Slash guitar battle again, missed a lot of easier things but still improved my score.

slash91.jpg

Then I ordered pizza and spent 3 hours playing Rock Band :P

No kidding, me and Diesel played in a guitar/bass team last night and took 1st in about half the songs we played. None of the songs had more than three or four scores submitted. Of course that was on Wii, which hasn't been out as long, but still.

yeah, me and a friend did the ESL, most of the songs were sightreads and we still placed 9th on the RB1 boards.

Tk5SF.png

I appear to have "Guitar Hero finger", had a case of it last year where my finger would get locked weirdly lol but it went away, although now it's coming back. I blame the weather lol.

Didn't stop me getting yet another 100% (Overstrum blah) of No More Sorrow, which I should have had ages ago :D

I appear to have "Guitar Hero finger", had a case of it last year where my finger would get locked weirdly lol but it went away, although now it's coming back. I blame the weather lol.

omg me too >_>

it seems to me that raining blood always gets harder all the time during to solo part

btw any tips for an (acceptable) expert player to beat hot for teacher...with a gh3 guitar?

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

3 New FCs that I should've had LOOOOOOOOONG ago:

Halo Theme (11th) - 183,352 (screwed up final activation)

Shoot the Runner (7th/7th) - 178,812 (I BUTCHERED the last activation... didn't whammy half the held notes and activated extremely late)

Problems (Live At Brixton) (4th/4th) - 624,629 (This song can go die... it's so freaking long and strummy, all while sounding horrible)

1 ReFC for better score:

Nine Lives (5th/5th) - 241,756 (didn't try for ticks... barely missed the squeeze that no one has hit so far)

I also improved my Putting Holes in Happiness score, up to 296,162. I should REALLY have the FC by now, as the song is basically repeating two different patterns over and over again with literally no variation, but I always manage to slip up *somewhere* (usually in the middle of SP >_>)

Yay random DLC stuff!

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

omg me too >_>

it seems to me that raining blood always gets harder all the time during to solo part

btw any tips for an (acceptable) expert player to beat hot for teacher...with a gh3 guitar?

Umm just practice fretting it, I passed it 1st time but i do love playing solos even thou im not amazing at them. Hot for teacher intro is just scales and when the GRGBOB bit comes up ignore the orange. I am assuming you are failing the intro :lol:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

omg me too >_>

Umm just practice fretting it, I passed it 1st time but i do love playing solos even thou im not amazing at them. Hot for teacher intro is just scales and when the GRGBOB bit comes up ignore the orange. I am assuming you are failing the intro :lol:

you have assumed correctly wise one :twisted:

thx for your wise words of wisdom :P

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

What do the wise experts of this thread suggest for runs up and down the frets? On songs like Never Too Late, for one. I'm good at (most) riffs, but those arpeggios are (from) hell...

I just play everything in second positon (index on red) and slide with my index down to green and back up to red when I need to.

In other news, I made it to the finals in the GH3H leagues on SH! Thank God the last song is Raining Blood, because I can FC that quite easily so I'm going to set the bar high to make sure my opponent can't beat my score too easily! Wish me luck :pray:

3 New FCs that I should've had LOOOOOOOOONG ago:

Halo Theme (11th) - 183,352 (screwed up final activation)

Shoot the Runner (7th/7th) - 178,812 (I BUTCHERED the last activation... didn't whammy half the held notes and activated extremely late)

Problems (Live At Brixton) (4th/4th) - 624,629 (This song can go die... it's so freaking long and strummy, all while sounding horrible)

1 ReFC for better score:

Nine Lives (5th/5th) - 241,756 (didn't try for ticks... barely missed the squeeze that no one has hit so far)

I also improved my Putting Holes in Happiness score, up to 296,162. I should REALLY have the FC by now, as the song is basically repeating two different patterns over and over again with literally no variation, but I always manage to slip up *somewhere* (usually in the middle of SP >_>)

Yay random DLC stuff!

Nice dude, any chance of you getting WT soon :o ?

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Finally beet One on gh3... Any advice for lou? (expert)

worked for me when I attempted it.

A duel so fierce, yet thy final move was ingenious.

I seriously just laughed the [bleep] out of me watching the simplicity of that pwnage.

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

I will almost definitely never buy it. However, I might be able to borrow a friend's copy to get some scores in.

Only major thing today was a Stay Clean FC (another easy song that I should've FCed ages ago)

2nd place for 360 and Global, score of 298,734.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

I will almost definitely never buy it. However, I might be able to borrow a friend's copy to get some scores in.

Only major thing today was a Stay Clean FC (another easy song that I should've FCed ages ago)

2nd place for 360 and Global, score of 298,734.

Aww, is it just because you don't like the game in general? Because I know you would be able to pull off some pretty amazing scores if you had the game.

And I was looking at the spread in DLC rankings today for GH3X, just take a look for yourself and I think you'll see something quite amazing...

http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?g ... &song=-111

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

how the hell does phenom manage to get an extra 2 million points on saidin. I knew he was damn good, but that that good.

He has all 100%'s?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

how the hell does phenom manage to get an extra 2 million points on saidin. I knew he was damn good, but that that good.

He has all 100%'s?

saidin has MOST of the FCs, and the ones he doesnt have are 98-99%. I cant believe that adds up to 2 million points in difference is all.

Tk5SF.png

He has all 100%'s?

saidin has MOST of the FCs, and the ones he doesnt have are 98-99%. I cant believe that adds up to 2 million points in difference is all.

Yeah I see what your saying.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!