How stab slash and crush should work.

farcry2

Ever get the feeling its uselless using the stab feature on a rune long? or the crush feature on a b axE? or a rune dagger or rune short whate so ever?

This is because jagex never properly implemented stab slash and crush.

Plate armour A

+30 stab +50 slash +24 crush

seems like a good time to use stab or crush against them.

Plate armour B

+50 stab +30 slash +30 crush

Seems like a good time to use slash or crush.

Then create stab slash and crush weapons of similar quality. This way stab slash and crush weapons are usefull and serve a purpose.

That way you use the weapon that suits your adversary. And if you use an item like a longsword, the stab slash combo is actually of some use.

It also means that pkers will diversify the weapons they use, and finally utilize the other weapons. A good example of an easy update is this.

Rune kite 44 48 46

rune square 38 40 36

Rune square 30 60 28

Rune square has no redeeming qualities whate so ever, coincidentally almost no one uses it. This is a simple idea and fits perfectly with the rs2 combat system. Most people use scimmy, which means people would actually consider using the square shield. AND the shield is weaker to stab and crush.

The idea of stab slash and crush simply must have trade offs.

Excuisador 90 att 46 def 99 str @ 100.89cb

Ar--edhel 84 def 85 hp 93 range 92 magic @93

FarCry - retired

Ar-edhel 99 att 99 str 99 hp 99 range 97 magic @117

Stab, Slash and Crush do work.

Many monsters are weak to certain ones as are all player armours.

Guthans crush defence is lower than stab and slash.

Go at a player in it with a stab or slash attack and you will hit far more 0s and lower numbers than you do with crush.

Messing around with a friend once we got these results:

Stab - 7/10 attacks hit 0, max hit 12

Slash - 6/10 attacks hit 0, max hit 14

Crush - 3/10 attacks hit 0, max hit 20

How can you say this does notwork?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Go at a player in it with a stab or slash attack and you will hit far more 0s and lower numbers than you do with crush.

I have to agree with you, this is how it works. But I would like to think again you pulled some numbers right out of air...but anyway, I have to agree.

w4M8t.png

I always wear a Chain when fighting Moss Giants because they use a Blunt weapon (Crush), and chains have higher defence against Crush.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I have to agree with you, this is how it works. But I would like to think again you pulled some numbers right out of air...but anyway, I have to agree.

Even if he didn't, I surely hope he actually tested this with like 100 attacks, not 10...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I always wear a Chain when fighting Moss Giants because they use a Blunt weapon (Crush), and chains have higher defence against Crush.

is it really enough to make a difference?

w4M8t.png

Even if he didn't, I surely hope he actually tested this with like 100 attacks, not 10...

These figures were noted over the course of around 100 duels of each sort. I did have the original numbers exactly.

The max hits are exact as they were, but the x/10 are rounded as i forget exact number

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Often this effect is limited to very few weapons and armours.

While this does apply to monsters. I find in basic pvp it is rarely usefull.

FarCry - retired

The real problem is that there are no viable crush/stab weapons.

What about a dds? or Dmace? Those are pretty viable. (Espeically with their specials)

And then you have veracs flails which can be lethal with a full set against rune plating.

Think about it. If you use a dmace special on a person with a rune plate your are going to hit alot higher than someone with a chain or dchain.

This is like the argument that just because a dchain has higher stats than rune plate it defends better. This is incorrect. A chain is a chain, if its rune or dragon.

A dds special on stab is going to hit enormous bonuses against a dragon chain, when it would hardly hit a rune plate. Why? because chains are weak vs stab attacks.

Its all how you use it.

The Combat triangle isnt limited to just Melee, Range and Mage. Within each branch there are mini triangles that can make a huge impact on fighting.

dawnsigblue-3.png

This is and has always been useful when fighting monsters, and most experienced players try and take advantage when meleeing. It's not always possible however.

In PvP it's a bit more difficult. There's no way to actively predict what a random opponent in the wilderness will be wearing and so you'd have to bring along several different weapons and two or three types of armour. You've now got less food, and suddenly you lose a lot more if you die. Not really worth it for the wilderness. Might work in Duel Arena, I rarely go there and can't comment.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

The real problem is that there are no viable crush/stab weapons.

Sadly, the dds is primarily used only because of it's specials.

As for the D mace it is rarely used because, it swings slow, is innacurate, and isn't very powerful specials aside.

We need good stab Crush weapons especially on f2p. And a little diveristy with f2p armour.

I suggest raise square shields above kites in slash, and Medium helms above rune larges in Slash.

FarCry - retired