You. Do you change your passion for glory? =(

Quinton595

I was listening to a song i like, Eye of the tiger, when i heard this phrase in it: "You change your passion for glory." This made me think... Have I?......

What i mean by "Have you changed your passion for glory" isn't about glory amulates :roll: What it means are things like...

-Do you Build the most expensive, most posh, most bling bling things in you house? :thumbsup: Just so that other people will say its cool? (This is by FAAAAR the bigest issue...)

-Do you wear the strongest armour, weapons, clothes so that other poeple will know that your rich? (except for when your killing stuff.. Lol go out in wildy with p hat.. :XD: )

-Do you spend 70 hours training a skill you really dont like just so that you can have that last 99? Or so that you can wear that sparkly old skill cape?

I, in my oppinion, think that if you do stuff for other people and don't realise that the game isnt about pleasing other people, but that it's about pleasing youself, then you dont belong on ruescape. :notalk:

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

First of, I don't do construction, so no bling bling house for me.

I only wear the strongest things I can use when I use it. When I'm just walking around or skilling I used to wear black/red mystic robes, dragon med, random weapon (usually whip since I don't have a really cool looking weapon) and a Toktz-ket-xil, since I really like the looks of this outfit, not show off my wealth or something like that.

As for the skill example, I have trained skills that I don't like, but never to show off, more because I feel it's a personal achievement or because I needed it for a quest.

I, in my oppinion, think that if you do stuff for other people and don't realise that the game isnt about pleasing other people, but that it's about pleasing youself, then you dont belong on ruescape. :notalk:

But other people don't usually do it to please others. They do it to feel they have accomplished something and to show off.

best-guide-ever.jpg

:shock: , wow ur the first person whos making sensibile topics lol..on topic..in runescape not everyone is the same, some people make do what with what they others just live it to the best..i just like to make do with what i got, but if someone asks for a race or a competition i ll never back down and keep to it! Lol, theres my 2 pence

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

first off why were you listening to that lol.

and second yeah, on my lvl 46 skiller I picked/spun/merched BS till I had 6m then i bought full gilded. I could have got regular full rune for 40 times less the price but it was just the fact that I could have full gilded at lvl 46 that made me do it.

:shock: , wow ur the first person whos making sensibile topics lol..on topic..in runescape not everyone is the same, some people make do what with what they others just live it to the best..i just like to make do with what i got, but if someone asks for a race or a competition i ll never back down and keep to it! Lol, theres my 2 pence

Lol thnx... but im not the only one..*presses back and looks at the 20 some odd other good posts* :roll:

For first replyer, at least u got good reasons to support ur reasons. :thumbup:

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Nope.

I don't have a house, non issue :)

I wear what I wear because I like how it looks. Except for training, where I must wear armour.

And the only way I could ever 99 in a skill in by liking it! If I don't like a skill, it's impossible.

i have a pretty nice house due to the fact when cons was realsed i had alot of parties and was leading my friends in the skill for about 2 weeks, and still am pretty high up, but thats about when cons started dieing off.

i wear what i think looks kool to me, i rarely wear my rares and other stuff.

im a skiller, i enjoy workign to get my levels up as high as possible, but i never wear the capes, as i said above, i wear what i think looks kool, and skill capes look ugly <.<

legends2.jpg

I like showing off sometimes but i go for better stats for an item im wearing than just looks. Other times ill wear something cool to walk around in just to show off. So im 50% 50% I guess.

Low_C.png

I think i really do everything for showing, ecause, if you start thinking, why would i play? RS stopped been fun as all my ig friend quitted. So i just play to show off.

"hasta la victoria siempre."

Beated Monkey madness lvl76.

Beated haunted mine at lvl 77.

cmb +75 and total +930 all stats +46 before p2p.

Al f2p stats +50 (15/02/08)

the only thing i have endulged in is my blue halloween mask and the outfit i bought to go with it (the main expense was the blue male elegant costume, which isnt that much). I jsut use my house for practicality (doing barrows, so i have an alter and a portal room. I also have a mounted glory. nothing really besides those 2 things matter in my house). I do have guthans and veracs, but its for practical reasons like training slayer, doing barrows, and going to kq. i dont do it to show off.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Couldn't care less about showing off to be honest. Unless I'm training combat I just wear boots of lightness and magic secateurs.

Always makes me smile when I see people trying to show off in stuff worth 10% of just one of the rares sitting in my bank gathering dust. :lol:

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

People make nice houses, wear expensive armor, etc. because they enjoy it. I know if I had the money I would make a nice house and buy a phat or 2, because I would enjoy it. It would be a symbol to me of my success. Other people enjoying it makes it all the better, in my eyes. :)

I have the things in my house because they are the most efficient (marble wardrobes to hold all my stuff, ect..), or because I like them. I want a skeletal throne, cuz i like the way it looks. I build my house how I like it.

I have dragon armor because it is good, yes, but I like it, I am not as rich as everyone seems to insist I am because I have it. Once again, I have it 'cuz I like it.

I'm going for 99 fm because I want the orange skill cape. I don't care if you like the cape, if you are impressed by it, or if you have more 99's. I like it.

35b9enp.jpg

first, my house is my passion so I haven't had to drop one for the other.

Second, I wear what's effective most of the times

Third, I don't go for a skillcape only for glory, I need other reasons (Hence why I don't bother with fletching/cooking). I love construction so that was another reason to go for it.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'd say 95% of runescape get stats just so they can look impressive. I do in a different way, i'll get an item so i think i can look good, it doesn't have to be a skill cape but just something in the colour of the outfit i want. At the moment i like red basic clothes, fire cape, red/white scarf and rune boots, i have more cash than this and i could stand there in all my best stuff but i pick outfits that look good.

Basically i try to look good but not expensive. :P I'm like this in real life too, i won't buy a really expensive pair of jeans just because they're expensive, i'll buy the cheaper ones if they're the same or i prefer them. The same with the suit i wear to school, its 350 quid but i wouldn't tell anyone.

Nah i just do what's fun for me really. I've been past that stage wear i wear fancy clothes and show them off. Sometimes i wear expensive stuff because it looks good, but it's not for anyone else.

I got 50 construction purely for my own use (easier Barrows) and apart from the alter and portal room it looks rubbish, but i don't mind. :D

Select a use, i wouldn't say it's 95%. I don't skill just to impress people. I will look over the skill, see if it is going to benefit me long term. If it does then i'll train it if it doesn't then i'll leave it basically. Once your high in that skill ofcourse your going to show it off a bit, that's human nature.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

good thread,

-I never buy the most expensive things in my house unless they have a purpose. Im 78 con, but dont want to spend the money on a throne. Have a gilded altar for prayer bonuses and a house set up for barrows runs.

-I dont own any rares or have any 99 skills, despite almost 1850 total and ~60mil xp. No intention of getting one anytime soon either.

-I dont train skills that I dont like any more than I have to. (my tears of guthix xp goes on my 71rc, so all skills must be above that). Slayer and farming are my favourite skills

because I really enjoy levelling them due to the huge variation that they have.

I play this game for fun, not for massive xp or skill capes (although one would be nice). For example, when I go to PC, I just go to w78 and have a laugh, trying to win against the odds rather than trying to win games quickly for the fastest xp.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Personally I take what I want. Others might take what they can, but like I said, I take what I want. Some say it's passion to work months to get a 2nd phat, some say it's glory. Same goes with farming. Same has been with all different skills: I wanted 126 combat so I took it. I wanted over 2k total so I took it. Now I want 99 farm so I'm taking it. In my eyes filling up a goal which you have set to yourself is more important than any passion or glory. I'm personally proud of what I've done and I don't hesitate to wear my party hats. I don't care what the others say about them aslong as they are important to myself.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I, in my oppinion, think that if you do stuff for other people and don't realise that the game isnt about pleasing other people, but that it's about pleasing youself, then you dont belong on ruescape.

If people can please themselves by pleasing others, who are you to judge whether they should belong in RS or not?

The only reason people might want to please others is because it pleases themself, anyway.

wellll..i only train stats i hate bc i need them for quests...and i wer my qp cape bc it makes mee feel good. i dont care a rats arse about how it makes others feel.

stupid 71 wc..

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

I train my stats up because I have goals; those goals are motivated by the thought of improving my character and that future quest requirements might need a level I haven't reached yet (and I like to do quests the first day they come out). I'm not really motivated by others think, although I must admit I've had moments where I wanted to show off a little, or have been tempted to. The vast majority of the time on most subjects and angles I just don't care. I play RS to have fun, worrying about what other people are thinking is not my idea of fun.

I don't think so.

The only 99 I have, I got out of love, or "Passion" for the skill. I decided on it about one-one and a half years ago, when I got 80 attack during slayer. I wondered what it would be like, if I only really trained that skill. So, whenever I would do anything, I would just train attack, so that little by little, I gained levels until I had about 94 attack. After skillcapes came out, that gave me a kick in the hiney, and I decided I would just work on it until 99. So I did, and I never have regretted my decision.

With my house, it is not incredible. It does have 20 rooms, but I have like... four parlors that I can't remove, because they are supporting other things. I set up my house to be for my own benefit, for slayering, or barrowing.

With richness, I do consider myself rich. I do try to use the best stuff I can for a certain task. I will use veracs, fury, berserker ring, etc. For fight pits. I will use karil, ahrims, veracs, whip, etc. for castle wars.

All of this is about using what fits best for the situation. Then again, I might show off a little bit when I wear my green mask around.

So, in summation, I think that, for the most part, I do not trade my passion for glory. When I am passionate about something, the glory comes naturally.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I guess I might fit in the catagory of people you are describing. However, I think that whatever I do is for myself. Ex: I'm working on getting full Guthans. Not so that I can show off and tell everyone I have Guthans, but so I can train longer and harder. Or with my house: I do put allot of money into it, but I don't have people it it to show off. It's for personal use and convenience.

Crusher777

Crusher777.png

well everything that you stated is what I like to do :lol: . So pleasing others just happens to be on my list of enjoyments in Runescape :o .

yep...i havent got round to my house yet, but if idn i can please myself and others by wearing expensive items, having a laugh and having good skills.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...