Impetuous Impulses

gameboypen

Update

This week we are releasing Dragon Arrows and Darts into the game. Yes, that's right, new dragon weaponry! Getting hold of them will be tricky, though: you will have to find and catch Implings in a new Hunter mini-game, Impetuous Impulses. Chihiro has added a rabble of these naughty implings to the world.

Like their Imp cousins, they are mischeivous and can be found wandering around the the oddest places. Implings like to collect things that people want, and if you learn how to hunt them down and capture them you will be able to pick up their loot. Of special interest will be the ultra-rare dragon implings that may be carrying the new dragon arrows and darts. But beware: only the most proficient hunters will be able to catch them.

To find the implings you can visit their home plane, Puro-Puro, by discovering the mysterious crops circles that will transport you there. You'll find many implings there, though most of them will be inexperienced implings who haven't learnt the best items to collect. You'll be able to run around their maze-like home with a butterfly net and try to catch them. They can fly over fences, though, so they may not be as easy to catch as you think.

You'll also find some of the implings wandering lost around the world. If you find a rare one, and are able to catch it, you'll get their loot without having to bother with cross-planar travel and crop circles. So keep your eyes peeled! Even if you can't catch a dragon impling yourself, maybe you can get a friend who can to help...

Summary

Requirements to play Impetuous Impulses

Level 17 Hunter

High Strength and Thieving is an advantage

Lost City is useful

Costantino.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Dark bow sounds pretty nice, shame I am a long way from 90 slayer or being able to afford one. Dragon arrows will also be very expensive for a bit, but by the sounds of it could be well worth it.

-BloodAngel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

MUAHHAHAHAHAA

Dark bow

Descent of Darkness

Inflicts up to 30% more damage.

Descent of Dragons

When using dragon arrows, inflicts up to 50% more damage.

Both attacks will always hit.

i think i will own members pking

:D :D :D

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

The bow looks good, slow rate of fire but with high accuracy and each shot being doubled up along with a never miss special, basically gives rangers what they needed, the oppurtunity to KO.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Apparently, the dark bow is fairly slow BUT it can fire 2 arrows at once, I've just been skimming over the KB. Sounds like Dragon Arrows are going to be tough to get by the looks of it. You need 90 Fletching to make Dragon Arrows.

EDIT: Tip.It's own Hohto has scored a Dark Bow and is selling it for a whopping 60m on the RSOF.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Apparently, the dark bow is fairly slow BUT it can fire 2 arrows at once, I've just been skimming over the KB. Sounds like Dragon Arrows are going to be tough to get by the looks of it. You need 90 Fletching to make Dragon Arrows.

EDIT: Tip.It's own Hohto has scored a Dark Bow and is selling it for a whopping 60m on the RSOF.

Omg thats lucky fast!

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

144 dragon arrows 1 impling

WHAT?!?

twss.jpg

So that impling gave you 144 arrows?

twss.jpg

I must be going mad... I just saw the words 'Electric Impling' on my screen and I'm at Gnome Stronghold.

I thought that they were only in the minigame?

the ones found out in the world have better drops, and are much rarer.

check the knowledge base.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

My drop list

Earth

2 cut emeralds (noted) | 2 super compost (noted) | earth tiara | 1 gold ore | 6 compost (noted) | 32 earths | unicorn horn

Essence

20 pure essence (noted) | 4 choas | 25 minds | 50 fires | 13 laws | mind talisman | 28 bodies | 4 lava

Eclectic

mithril pickaxe | candle lantern | 5 gold bars (noted) | battlestaff | unicorn horn | snape grass | 4 oak planks (noted) | 39 airs | gold ore |curry leaf

Nature

coconut | 1 irit seed | 1 jangerberry seed | 1 willow seed | 4 tarromin (noted) | 1 harralander seed | 1 beladonna seed | 1 cactus spine

Magpie

Dragon dagger

Ninja

Dragon

Ajc100.png

My drop list

Earth

2 cut emeralds (noted) |

Essence

20 pure essence (noted) | 4 choas | 25 minds | 50 fires

Eclectic

mithril pickaxe | candle lantern

Nature

coconut | 1 irit seed | 1 jangerberry seed | 1 willow seed | 4 tarromin (noted)

Magpie

Dragon dagger

Ninja

Dragon

Wow. Time to work on my hunter?

But I have to cut 1k yews and alch 4k yew longs first... :S

Next month maybe? :P

Chris1gati.png

My drop list

Earth

2 cut emeralds (noted) |

Essence

20 pure essence (noted) | 4 choas | 25 minds | 50 fires

Eclectic

mithril pickaxe | candle lantern

Nature

coconut | 1 irit seed | 1 jangerberry seed | 1 willow seed | 4 tarromin (noted)

Magpie

Dragon dagger

Ninja

Dragon

I have a reason to get 5 more levels... MAGPIES!
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

this is what i've got from ninja ones:

50 rune throwing axe's

mystic boots

mystic gloves

rune scim

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Wow, they have awesome rewards. :|

I thought that with a dragon impling, you would get somewhere between 1 and 5 arrows. But if you get 144, that makes up for the implings being rare.

Kudos to Jagex!

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.