Tip.It Times Presents: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Kiara_Kat

the so-called player representatives already exists - player mods. offering feedback to Jagex is also one of their objectives.

about the updates - cant say they are good or bad really, because im not a member, but... doesnt any1 think that they come too often? think a bit in long term - if we get 2 quests per month, new weapons, armor or other wearables almost every month, what will the game be in a year or 2? already the crossbows and bracelets seem to end up being forgotten... soon there will be a vast amount of items that are... useless. game has to grow and develop, yes, but im a bit worried about the speed and scope of it

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and lets start trying

To make it a place worth living in

I think it was a well thought out tip it post

and look forward to more indepth posts now its published monthly

errm .....smith x exists just right click you mouse on the froge or the item you want to make,

not at all like making glass grrr thats still one bucket of sand and soda ash at a time .

and you get no xp whatsoever for gathering seaweed or cooking it.

Quests I got the cape and look forward to every update, it adds fizz to my game.

keep up thev good work EDD!

good article tho i dont agree that you critisis Jagex for something outa their hands. i can see where your coming from and that it can be frustraiting waiting if your doing sumit dangerous then you get kicked outa the server but they cant help that the weather is bad. i mean there only human at Jagex ltd. thx for the great read :thumbsup: o yeah and there is a suggestions forum on RS not sure weather that counts as a update request thing or not

Piran26.gif

Has anyone experiencced the prob mentioned in the report. If so is it a case of unlucky you lose your items worth millions. Unless I'm doing something particularly hazardous i wouldn't bother to wear a ring of life and I certainly wouldn't expect to lose all my stuff due to a Jagex Server Outage. Definite cause for concern if they wouldn't sort the problem.

V Good article though with some very good points.

Cheers

H

:lol:

dragonmguthan_Hammy541.jpg

i say that its a good artical..

I honestly belive that bank space/organization is the most critical thing that needs a update to help it

I wonder if jagex has concered the fact that the development diaries could be the best way to explain the "why" aspect of changes

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Good read, tip.it times always are. I disagree with some points but it is a versitile subject with different updates suiting different players

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

Good article, but not up to the editors usual standards. A month break might just help bring it back up to the high tip.it standards.

I thought you might like to see this. Empty worlds, frightening, isn't it.

0playerssmall.jpg

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

about the updates - cant say they are good or bad really, because im not a member, but... doesnt any1 think that they come too often? think a bit in long term - if we get 2 quests per month, new weapons, armor or other wearables almost every month, what will the game be in a year or 2? already the crossbows and bracelets seem to end up being forgotten... soon there will be a vast amount of items that are... useless. game has to grow and develop, yes, but im a bit worried about the speed and scope of it

It does sorta worries me too... although it shouldn't since i don't get any $$ from jagex for worrying.

Anywho... i wonder if, say in 2 years time, the ever expanding quests and content will one day put off new players before they even get a chance to be hooked to the game. By then, the game might just look too huge and unmanageable to the newbs.

Then again, it's not my problem. I shouldn't be losing any sleep over this.

I agree with the path-finding algorithm bit. The problem with it is, (well, for me anyway) that the time between clicking on the screen or mini-map, and the server responding is astonishingly long, so, if you happen to be running, by the time its figured out you've clicked again, you're a long way past where it rerouted from, so it runs back. Trees really don't help either.

Anyway, I'm probably completely wrong, and you'll probably be talking about something different but still, a well written article, keep up the good work :)

215/245 Quest points...Almost there

Oh, but they keep making new quests that I'm missing a stat for, so thats 245 QP.

Great article, maybe some disagreements on some points, have a nice break Tip.it Times, hope we will see more of you soon ;)

Hah, made you look. ;D

Used to have a smith/mining blog here, BUT THAT WAS A LONG-TIME AGO.

Hmm, the times they are a-changing, BOB DYLAN

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!