Azurechaos' Huge Barrows Guide!

Azurechaos

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a idea if dh was your tunnel for second run monkfish run couldent you use just force spawn him at a long tunnel or ladder safespot effectiy if you had a 4 dose pot you could do this way 4 times if you only took one dose to kill karil but otherwise great guide

Random random dance dance random dance! WOO!

runemmage,Doodooman39.gif

Doodooman39.gif

img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9067/reportbuttanerfb6.gif[/img]

I have a idea if dh was your tunnel for second run monkfish run couldent you use just force spawn him at a long tunnel or ladder safespot effectiy if you had a 4 dose pot you could do this way 4 times if you only took one dose to kill karil but otherwise great guide

Apparently someone didn't read the whole guide. :wink:

Typically if I get an item, I telly and bank.

If not, run back to your ladder and go up.

Here is where it gets a bit tricky.

Walk over to Dharoks mound and DO NOT POT OR ANYTHING.

Go down and click on the crypt to see if he's your tunnel or a mound.

[hide=IF DHAROK IS YOUR TUNNEL]

Equip your melee gear and walk to Karils Mound. Prepare your dds, take 1 sip of ppot and go down. Pray vs Karil till he's dead. Depending on how well you hit, you may or may not have leftover prayer.

Go up and kill Ahrim with your range gear and any leftover prayer you have. DO NOT REPOT IF YOU RUN OUT OF PRAYER.

Just eat if he hits.

After Ahrim continue as normal till you get back to the tunnel.

Go down and spawn DH in your visible ladder room by walking back and forth between your open door, or just safespot him any other way. DO NOT PRAY, IT IS A WASTE IN THE TUNNELS. [/hide]

[hide=IF DHAROK IS A MOUND]

Put on your mage gear and set the dart up. TAKE 2 SIPS OF PPOT.

Go down, click on the crypt, and kill him.

Once he's dead, go and kill the other brothers as normal.[/hide]

At first you may get only 2 trips out of your supplies, but it's pretty easy to get 3. Once you're out of supplies, telly to your house, get prayer at your chapel, and reset in Canifis.

Easy as pie.[/hide]

But, if you mean that regardless of who is your real tunnel, you COULD spawn DH as your 2nd tunnel. That's sorta of the basis of the Tunneling Method I describe.

Very great guide, you helped me along to get my first 2 barrows drops (which happened to be a double drop.) Hopefully I'll be able to get many, many, many more barrows drop and help me not be poor.

burnallsig.png

Barrows Drops : 6 = 1 Guthan skirt, 2 Dharok axes, 1 Verac brassard, 1 Guthan platebody, 1 Ahrim robetop

Dragon drops : 3 = 3 Dragon meds

Great guide! I'd have never thought of Sara brews + restores (maybe because it's too expensive for me, heh). Detailed, lots of pictures, and all the methods.

Just one question: you say to melee Karil; can I do that efficiently with 70 attack and strength, DDS and whip? Do I need an attack/strength potion if I can?

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

fuggin great guide there mate, usin verac method atm but just doin 1 trip at a time (hate sippin pray pots to fight dharoks), got dh helm last night :D

keep it up <3:

gofsiggycr2.png

DK Drops (duo) - 4 - 1x D Axe 1x Berserker, 2x Warrior. Drag Drops - 1 - 1x Skirt.

Barrows Drops - 14 - 1x G spear, 3x K skirt , 2x k x-bow, 1x k top, 2x v flail, 1x v brassard, 1x dh body, 1x dh legs and 2x dh helm.

Proud owner of a fighter torso

Great guide! I'd have never thought of Sara brews + restores (maybe because it's too expensive for me, heh). Detailed, lots of pictures, and all the methods.

Just one question: you say to melee Karil; can I do that efficiently with 70 attack and strength, DDS and whip? Do I need an attack/strength potion if I can?

Sure you can! If you think it will take too long and too much prayer, feel free to sub a monkfish for a combat potion.

Very great guide, you helped me along to get my first 2 barrows drops (which happened to be a double drop.) Hopefully I'll be able to get many, many, many more barrows drop and help me not be poor.

Glad to be of service. ::'

GL barrowing bud. :)

fuggin great guide there mate, usin verac method atm but just doin 1 trip at a time (hate sippin pray pots to fight dharoks), got dh helm last night :D

keep it up <3:

Grats! I think I'll add something about p pots... how I get them for free, fast and easy. :-$

yea with ur little guide thingy on gettin quick p pots there is a few changes you should make to the outfit your wearing.

i would recommend:

god cape (3+ pray bonus a bit expensive tho 700k-1m)

god stole (10+ pray bonus, only 150-200k)

unholy (zammy) book instead of sara cause sara gives defensive bonuses that you arent gonna need if your praying, zammy gives attacking bonuses which you will need.

keep goin with the guide <3:

gofsiggycr2.png

DK Drops (duo) - 4 - 1x D Axe 1x Berserker, 2x Warrior. Drag Drops - 1 - 1x Skirt.

Barrows Drops - 14 - 1x G spear, 3x K skirt , 2x k x-bow, 1x k top, 2x v flail, 1x v brassard, 1x dh body, 1x dh legs and 2x dh helm.

Proud owner of a fighter torso

yea with ur little guide thingy on gettin quick p pots there is a few changes you should make to the outfit your wearing.

i would recommend:

god cape (3+ pray bonus a bit expensive tho 700k-1m)

god stole (10+ pray bonus, only 150-200k)

unholy (zammy) book instead of sara cause sara gives defensive bonuses that you arent gonna need if your praying, zammy gives attacking bonuses which you will need.

keep goin with the guide <3:

Yeah, I forgot to change out the sara book on the prayer one. :oops:

You're right about the cape, but I'm not taking off my brand new FM cape. :oops:

Plus a (t) skill cape has a +4 prayer bonus, so that's a better choice.

I still recommend the ammy I put... Salve (e) has a small prayer bonus (unless I'm mistaken. :uhh:) and it helps a TON while owning these things, as they're Ghosts.

Love the guide azure AoW vote from me.

and btw tunnel method is for teh nubbins kai? it takes way to long :ohnoes:

Thanks. ::'

And I personally only use the Monkfish-Dart method... I love it! <3:

Great and detailed guide, but I would like to add my 2 cents on your veracs guide.

I would highly suggest just bringing dragonhide just for ahrim. Seeing the way you put it in your guide you melee him with full veracs on, afterwords your melee stats would be in the gutter, making it impossible to pull multiple trips unless you use super restores rather than prayer pots.

Oh, and with the veracs method, the fire cape trumps the prayer cape, +1 to crush attack, +4 str, and +2 prayer beats +4 prayer when you take in the massive prayer bonus full veracs gives.

All other methods its up in the air though :mrgreen:

Once again, loved the guide :D

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Great and detailed guide, but I would like to add my 2 cents on your veracs guide.

I would highly suggest just bringing dragonhide just for ahrim. Seeing the way you put it in your guide you melee him with full veracs on, afterwords your melee stats would be in the gutter, making it impossible to pull multiple trips unless you use super restores rather than prayer pots.

Oh, and with the veracs method, the fire cape trumps the prayer cape, +1 to crush attack, +4 str, and +2 prayer beats +4 prayer when you take in the massive prayer bonus full veracs gives.

All other methods its up in the air though :mrgreen:

Once again, loved the guide :D

OH NOES! I forgot to add my latest Veracs method addition... I'll do that right now.

(its the addition of a reg restore pot for the stats)

And yes, fire cape owns, but I don't think I'll ever own one lol. I put it in the guide though. :)

dude, ice blitz really isnt the best spell for barrows. its good to freeze them, then burst.

its WAAAYYYY cheaper, and requires a lower magic level...

Preference. :wink:

Thanks so much for making this guide. Finally did Desert Treasure and using your set up (Adjusted to my budget) I did my first trip using ancients and got ahrim's robe bottom! :D

Thanks again and a great guide.

Benton38.png

You're also missing the God Spell Method.

Standard kill order. Charge before entering crypt. Wield the mace from pc (it lets you autocast claws) then open the crypt, entagle, god, god, god, run, entangle.

Biggest advantage is speed, second is a use for all of those blood runes that tend to accumulate from barrowing. It's also a fun break from slayer darting.

nh.jpg

You're also missing the God Spell Method.

Standard kill order. Charge before entering crypt. Wield the mace from pc (it lets you autocast claws) then open the crypt, entagle, god, god, god, run, entangle.

Biggest advantage is speed, second is a use for all of those blood runes that tend to accumulate from barrowing. It's also a fun break from slayer darting.

I never used god spells... kinda expensive.

I'm currently adding a no-ppot version of my guide. The monkfish-dart method.

Will be done in a few days time most likely. :)

What do you think about using the new prayers vs Karil when you use dds?

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage