Change of opinion?

warri0r45

Yeah, I can't believe he would say something like that and completely prove your point. What a stupid idiot.

Hehe. Just like I thought, a lot of new posters would get there panties up in a bunch and one of the old timers would have to come in here and explain it.

Although it was with more sarcasm, and they didn't get it the first time, so you never know...

EDIT: splatmaster is figuring it out... just give him a few more minutes to think it through.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

i'm just going to say "I hope its sarcasm" lol.

You never know in these forums. -.-

~Defender~

The forums are pretty predictable after a while. That's actually why I did this, to see if I still knew them well.

Heh, I even knew it was going to be three mad posts from new members followed by a post by an older member. Not everything is completely predictable thought, my prediction involved slightly newer (late 2006/early 2007) members, and penguin did kind of know it. Still I count him as not knowing it so my number guesses are correct :D .

This is what happens when I get bored on a Sunday night.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Yes, but I'm not about to admit it to anyone and no im not talking about transexuals Warrior.

Sign of insecurity? Why bring that up? There's another thread for it.

Anyway to be honest I wouldn't say my opinion has changed drastically, just evolved. I either find myself agreeing with someone or not or them making a really good or bad point that I keep in mind.

@ Necromagus, I couldn't agree more about your point on Kerry.

well, i used to think the forum had mature, intelligent posters. That opinion changed over time.

Does this count?

+1

~Defender~

+2

And not just that the people have changed...Some of the people still around used to be nice and friendly, now all they want to do is debate and occasionally flame.

Ooh, snap. Nothing wrong with debating and mild flaming, is there?

I change my opinion all the time. I form an opinion on a subject, then change it as more reasonable facts are presented to me. Doesn't everyone? ..

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Took me a while to get over the fact that something I believed to be an inescapable and fundamental truth -that we don't have free will- was probably wrong.

Other than that, I don't think I've had any major changes of opinion.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Ooh, snap. Nothing wrong with debating and mild flaming, is there?

There's a problem with debating when nearly every thread ends up as one. And usually a religious debate, which can be a touchy subject for some people...And those people start to flame, and well...That's not good...

If we had a few good debates once in a while that'd be fine.

As for mild flaming, it depends on what the case is. If it's something simple, like "OMG n00b u suck ur wrong and ur dumb and ur an idiot" then yeah, I don't care, people who take offense to that are real idiots. But when it becomes something else, and people are flaming opinions and beliefs that's a different story.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

The forums are pretty predictable after a while. That's actually why I did this, to see if I still knew them well.

Heh, I even knew it was going to be three mad posts from new members followed by a post by an older member. Not everything is completely predictable thought, my prediction involved slightly newer (late 2006/early 2007) members, and penguin did kind of know it. Still I count him as not knowing it so my number guesses are correct :D .

Purple pumpkins.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I hate how its being hyppocratic if you change your opinion, maybe someone presented you with a well-based arguement that very well thoughout and made you change your mind.

Edit: Plus debating is good but when you start insulting thats when it crosses the line especially if you insult in the 2 things your not suppose to say at the table: politics and of course religion. You can debate as long as you are't "haha what you believe in is stupid, my religion is better cuz of factor X haha"

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I hate how its being hyppocratic if you change your opinion, maybe someone presented you with a well-based arguement that very well thoughout and made you change your mind.

Edit: Plus debating is good but when you start insulting thats when it crosses the line especially if you insult in the 2 things your not suppose to say at the table: politics and of course religion. You can debate as long as you are't "haha what you believe in is stupid, my religion is better cuz of factor X haha"

Who sais you can't? I understand not insulting people for it but just becuase people believe it dosen't mean it should be tiptoed around. It should be scruitinised like any other idea and if people don't like that then they are clearly lacking faith.

Who sais you can't? I understand not insulting people for it but just becuase people believe it dosen't mean it should be tiptoed around. It should be scruitinised like any other idea and if people don't like that then they are clearly lacking faith.

Because, you've probably noticed, it always has an undesirable result, and thats been clearly demonstrated too many times.

happiehour.jpeg

Because, you've probably noticed, it always has an undesirable result, and thats been clearly demonstrated too many times.

Unfortunately. If there are no insults then it... still probably wouldn't work. Here, anyway.