new pixel finished

pjb21

yeah... new pixel wip

i know i dont normaly post WIP (or much now a days....) but yeah... i thought id share it with you, CC is listened to, but if its rather big its not gonna happen

finished =D

aimageguywithwhipsfinalol8.png

update: skin

aimageguywithwhipsnp7.png

aimageguywithwhipswipou0.png

and the rough anatomy of it:

aimageguywithwhipsanatfx5.png

if you rip then seriously, get out more, what is the point when you know its someone elses work, and if your going to sell it somewhere, well... its not finished, and if you care about a few cyber credits that much, then really... get some REAL friends :wink:

but comments and stuff welcome, id prefer if you didnt shade unless you kept it to yourself and sent it to me so i can see, but yeah i dont wanna see it posted exept under my name.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

sickly? how so?

and i wasnt really going for any kind of 'look' per-say just doing what i like, drawing

good to hear you like it, its good when a good artist likes your work =D

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

jopie: the next update is likely to be it finished... i generaly do things in blocks

as for the comments about the sorta thin waist and that, um yes, i agree. one of the main problems i feel is the chest is rather small in this pic, meaning that the rest of the torso was also fairly thin, and then i sorta did 'normal' anatomy and proportions on the lower half making it look rather weird. but i do often exagerate a bit, you will find nearly off of my pics of people have very thin waists.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

It's reminiscent of old aeon flux cartoons.

b_1000118666.jpg

ah i see what you mean, really thin waist

however the shoulders arnt as big as in your image :XD:

that said i think this person (mine) could do with bigger shoulders, or rather a bigger chest, the line going up from the hip on the persons left hand side, shoiuld really be slanted the other way.

but im to far to change that, it would require a rework of about a quarter of the image.... which for a random piece im not in the mood for (we need a shrug emoticon)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

Feed him something, please :ohnoes: .

I doubt with that amount of muscles he would be able to wield a whip :P .

Thats the only comment I have so far, hope to see more of it :wink:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

^^ yeah i agree, make the skirt a bit longer, make the calves less exaggerated, at the moment they are waaay out of proportion with the rest of his body, other than that its good

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I looks good, I really like it. The skirt is a bit small, but other than its another great piece PJ

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Love the finished version. You have a unique style, other than most other pixel artists.(Yes, that's including me! :anxious: )

Good job, I'd love to see more of your work soon. :D

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Looks good the only thing that's really bothering me about the finished one is the jaggedness of the two whips. Maybe you could AA them to make them smoother.

i know that did cross my mind as i was near finishing, tbut then i though.... if i do that ill have to do more, you canyt just AA one thing and its a relativly big image, and i wasnt in the mood to AA it all, its only really a spur of the moment thing...

but thanks for the imput, i may do that some time....

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

I don't think that exageration of a slender figure used in Aeon Flux is supposed to be used for both sexes, I personally would exagerate a male differently but an interesting approach non the less.

I've made a quick edit on some area's, not 100% anatomically correctly on the shading side but off the top of my head I've tried to make some changes to improve the depth.

aimageguywithwhipsfinalol8.pngedituh3.png

It's ok to use various shades for your linework also, it helps your shading alot sometimes. Keeping it the same all over can just give the illusion your image is flat with 3D within the linework.

I do really like this, it looks pretty solid finished but I think you have the challenge of applying the last touches ahead of you. It seems as if you settled on your shading placement right away when you could of been constantly altering it until it looks what you intended.

The face is puzzling, personally a bit hard to read but it definately suits, legs looks pretty good and your initial anatomy studies seemed to really pay off, very nice proportions for an exagerated character. You seem to be learning well.

keep it up :thumbsup:

vistame09copyhr8.png

thanks fr all the comments and advice, expecialy thanks to terley

terley: i see you used greater contrast and higher sat, both fine, however it means dithering, while i can do that i prefer not to cos im stubbon, then then i guess i may not advance if i dont try various techniques... the comment about linework was something i hadnt really given much thought to before, ill try than in my next piece (when ever that is)

as for the shading i was editing it a bit, and some parts i couldnt really get to look right (for example the top of the leg just below the skirt, where theres the challenge of the shdow from the skirt, while the the shading of the leg.

thanks for all the help and coments =D

yeah, i know he is rather skinny, my fault really i should have noticed when i was drawing the anatomy stage (i do stick man (for pose) rough anatomy (for well... anatomy, proportions and structure) clothing, colours, shading, text) yeah, its quite early on so easier to change, i guess i should keep an eye out for any mistakes earlier, im always spotting then later into the pic (generaly shading) and its a real nightmare then...

its been good to do this piece, ive lernt quite a few things which i shall take into account, or just try better to remember... heh

any suggestions for a follow up?

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png