Ring of Wealth decreases chances of a chain?

cheezekillz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no proof, except if you look at just about any kq log, whether thye use the ring or not, chains average to about 1 per 100 kills.... so if it doesnt change anything, why bother with the ring

the bold part is about where I stopped reading, you go on about kq drop logs but unless you have a substantial number of logs, say 1000, your really cannot prove a thing about whether the chain is a rare drop or not

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Hey guys, this is a little snippit of a person's kq log and his thoughts on ring of wealth:

\ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâñ/__Reasons To NOT Wear a Ring Of Wealth __\ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâñ/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The dragon chain is more common than rare, and the ring only gathers rare drops so you got a better chance of getting a chain without a ring.

2. My good friend has gotten 12 dragon chains without wealth and 2 with a ring of wealth.

3. The ring of wealth only increases your chance of runes (This is strange but it is true).

4. I "myself" have gotten 2 dragon drops in 66 kills W/O ROW

5. Kezza292 has killed 250 KQ's (with wealth) and no Dragon Drop. - page 20 -

6. Jay0611 had been at the Jelly's some time trying for a clue scroll with his wealth equipped. He read this section and took his wealth off and killed 2 Jelly's and ... Clue Scroll! - page 21 -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well his views seem to confirm what my friend said; that runes are considered a rare drop. Thoughts?

If u want the quick find code to his thread it is 19-20-91-41790665

i understood that rareghoul, but if you get more rare drops, it will decrease the chance of an un-rare one....make sense? but anyway, in the case of the chain, its not noticable, so if you want to wear a berserker, or perhaps even a ring of life (not recommended) then you can

um, in your last post you said d-chain was not a rare-drop. d chain is a rare drop, and it's chances of getting it are increased with the ring of wealth. unless you're trying to say you get chains more often than gems.

Sry to say this but you are wrong

ITs a armour drop. =) thats what he's trying to say its not a miscellanoues which are sopposed to be the rare drops.

When in faldore do as the dwares do.Mine =).

Proud Owner of the Coal Cart Co.:High prices for the miner:Low prices for the buyer.(Temperarelly closed/Pls dont pm me untill i reopen.)

The d chain is incredibly hard to get with or without a ring of weath. So just stop complaining and deal with it. There is no way you will get a d chain without like 500 kills... -.-

Got one on my 12th kill. My partner got one on the 2nd kill, and again on the 6th. (different partner.)

Neither of us wearing RoW.

you had very good luck. if d chain wasn't rare, why is it so expensive? and also, when was the next time you got it?

Those are the only chain drops I have got. No ones denying that it's rare.. I was just proving the absurdity of "There is no way you will get a chain without like 500 kills".

You people have no understanding of Sarcasm and Exaggerations...

Pasty.png

Here's how the RoW works:

Think of the drop list as a big roulette wheel. Each space has the name of a drop. Lets say the wheel has 256 spots. Each one is coins, runes, gems, etc. 1 Spot on the wheel is marked Rare. When you start killing a NPC, the wheel is spun. Whatever spot it lands on, that's your drop. If it lands on the Rare space, a second wheel is spun. Lets say this one has 256 spots also. If the chain drop is 1:256, 1 space will have D Chain. 1:128, drop will have 2 spots, etc. This is where the RoW helps. It helps stop the wheel on a Rarer space.

This was posted on Runescape sometime ago.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Hey guys, this is a little snippit of a person's kq log and his thoughts on ring of wealth:

1. The dragon chain is more common than rare, and the ring only gathers rare drops so you got a better chance of getting a chain without a ring.

2. My good friend has gotten 12 dragon chains without wealth and 2 with a ring of wealth.

3. The ring of wealth only increases your chance of runes (This is strange but it is true).

6. Jay0611 had been at the Jelly's some time trying for a clue scroll with his wealth equipped. He read this section and took his wealth off and killed 2 Jelly's and ... Clue Scroll! - page 21 -

Well his views seem to confirm what my friend said; that runes are considered a rare drop. Thoughts?

#1: I see no proof of that, and saying it's not a rare drop is ridiculous. It only seems like it's not because no one mentions the other drops.

#2: How many did he kill with wealth? Without wealth? I'd guess the ratio is about 6:1, or similar. If the amounts aren't the same, that proves nothing.

#3: Proof? I want to see something that conclusively proves that.

#4: 66 kills, 2 chains. That's called luck. Also not a large enough sample size.

#5: Again, bad luck. 250 is a relatively large amount, but still not a huge sample size.

#6: Isolated incident, useless in statistics.

ITs a armour drop. =) thats what he's trying to say its not a miscellanoues which are sopposed to be the rare drops.

Gems fall under miscellaneous. I've gotten hundreds of gems from slayer. I get sick of them and drop some. Are you telling me that it's rarer than a dragon med or black mask? I've gotten one each of those last two. Either I'm extremely lucky, or the rarity isn't based on where it is on the drop list. If I'm not mistaken, the drop list is sorted based on what category of item is dropped, not how rare it is.

And gehjl, thank you for posting that. I remember reading that a long time ago, I believe in the god letters, but couldn't remember exactly how it went.

If you skipped the rest of my post, here's what I'm trying to say: Jagex has said that in increases the chance of dropping a rare item. Until you can present conclusive (thousands of kills) evidence of what's rare or not, statistically, you can't prove whether or not it works, or what is rare or not. Isolated incidents prove nothing. Thousands of tests do.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Found it

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

http://www.runescape.com/varrock/letters/letters24.ws

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

when people wear the ring of wealth they look at every drop and they already have it in their mind that they have a better chance than everyone else, and when they get nothing they never wear it again.

then they dont wear ring of wealth, so they dont concentrate on the drops expecting to get something everytime, and when they finally get something it seems like it was fastest without it.

Exactly and sixxtoes stop arguing saying that d chain isn't a rare drop cuz that's just stupid.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

well i am lucky then i had task jellies 96 of them and i got 7 rune larges and clue scroll WITH ROW got teh clue scroll from 7th jelly.... -.-

Let your yellow mellow.

Lets Say Monster X has these drops:

Air Rune 1/50

Blood Rune 1/500

Uber Rune 1/2000

Uber Ultra Mega Super Rune Of Ultimate Noob Death 1/3000

the last 2 runes would be considered a rare drop and hightend

jagex has probaly put a rare drop thing on RoW so if any item is more then 1/2000 it is considired rare (it mite not be 1/2000)

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

im saying that the d chain is not a rare enough drop at the kq for the row to effect it. D 1/2, D2h, D med helm, kq head (yes i know this drops at same time as another drop), iron arrows, all these are rarer than the chain, and i am speaking not only from experience, but its been proven before in lots of drop lists, you can beleive me or not i dont care, but i can assure you, that in the case of the d chain, I truly dont think the ring effects it. If it does, no drop lists have proven it yet....

I was goona put something really cool here...but then I put this :(

im saying that the d chain is not a rare enough drop at the kq for the row to effect it. D 1/2, D2h, D med helm, kq head (yes i know this drops at same time as another drop), iron arrows, all these are rarer than the chain, and i am speaking not only from experience, but its been proven before in lots of drop lists, you can beleive me or not i dont care, but i can assure you, that in the case of the d chain, I truly dont think the ring effects it. If it does, no drop lists have proven it yet....

Just because you haven't gotten them does not make it rarer then the d chain. Query Jagex and ask them if you think you are right...

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

What I want to see are the drop lists that prove this. If it's a large enough sample size, both with and without ring of wealth, then I'll believe you. As of right now, you've presented no proof, and since you're arguing against common belief, you'll have to present very conclusive proof in order to change belief.

I know exactly what you're saying, I just want something that might possibly prove that what you're saying is true. You've presented nothing, which doesn't bode well with your argument.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

i dont see any proof from the other side yet either, I will go and find you some drop lists, when I find them I will edit this with the links...

Drop log with row

i know its a small one, but ill get some more

1 chain, 120 kills, around 1/100

Drop log without row

this log is big, 1800 kills, 18 chains....1/100

Another without row

3 chains, 270ish kills, so around 1/100

i just found another without row, just over 300 kills, and 3 chains, so again 1/100

hmm, i know i only got one log with row, i will keep looking, but all the ones i find with it have like 20 kills.....

i dont see any proof from the other side yet either, I will go and find you some drop lists, when I find them I will edit this with the links...

Our proof is what Jagex has said mixed with some common sense. Your argument goes against both. Jagex's word is a lot more solid proof than speculation, unscientific tests, and isolated incidents. Stop relying on those and if you can still support your conclusion, you may change my mind.

MischlingsSH.png

please post this proof of jagex saying that, cuz i havent seen a jmod saying that a row will give you better chances for a chain at the kq.....

EDIT: to be honest this discussion has gone nowhere... lets just leave it at this, some people use it, some people dont, to be frank, theres not a noticable difference, it all just relies on luck....

Ive always been a big fan of wearing my ring of wealth as i personally believe that mixed with killing monsters for slayer tasks and wearing row gives the best drops...but anyways :roll:

Me and my partner both wore ring of wealths for our first 86 kills while we were kqing...finally i remembered what we kept joking around with after each kill saying that we were going to leave our row's in the bank for a few trips...

No sooner did i finally remember to leave my Row in the bank for trip #87, (which you can see i said something about no row this trip to my partner in priv chat if you really wanted me to post the picture :wink: ) D Chain on that first trip after i took my ring of wealth off

Figuring that that was just sheer and pure luck I left my ring of the next few trips and got 3 of the worst drops I ever got from The kq in a streak...so i said the hell with it and put my row back on...about 8 more kills after that and 12 kills after the first chain we got another with a row on..

So I personally think it helps just based on that long winded and completely unneccisary post even though most people will not even get through this whole thing yet im still typing ftl :roll:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Imo, d chain is semi-rare from the KQ. 1 in 100 isn't exactly "rare." 1 in 400 (the argued drop rate for whips from abby demons) is rare.

In your opinion, yes. Now, we don't know Jagex's opinion on the issue, I just see no reason why one of the most expensive monster drops in the game would not be considered rare.

To respond to sixxtoes, Jagex has never said whether or not the dragon chain is a "rare" drop, but common sense says that Jagex would make it rare, or else there would be so many it'd be worthless.

One could ask Jagex and settle the debate, I just don't think it's necessary. I stand by what I've said, prove me wrong if you wish.

MischlingsSH.png

Imo, d chain is semi-rare from the KQ. 1 in 100 isn't exactly "rare." 1 in 400 (the argued drop rate for whips from abby demons) is rare.

think about it like this:

how many abby demon slayers are there compared to kalphites. it costs probaly 100x as much to get a chain as it does a whip, so less people do it...

Found it

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

http://www.runescape.com/varrock/letters/letters24.ws

im woundering if they could stop arguing for a second if they can read that.

This whole *its not rare enough* concept you guys made up has nothing to do with how things are even dropped. so there is no real argument to begin with, as stated in the quote, its a wheel, and one number on the wheel is *rares* that spins a second wheel. thats when they RoW kicks in. and im sure jagex made Dchain one of the least favored rolls on the wheel. Tada in comes RoW! the rest is history.

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!