Drawing battle (pixel, digi paint, pen + paper etc) SEE IN!

pjb21

the comp has started, but please let me know you know this, so reply in topic or pm me... whatever, this is just so i know who is aware its started.

you have untill midnight (gmt) on 20 july 2007 (this friday)

ok i had an idea a few hours ago, but i was out then, however im in now....

basicly its another contest, but this isnt just about how well you can draw, infact thats the seconds judging factor.

what you have to do is create the most original fight scene you can and pixel it

all the weapons items clothing etc must be from RS, so for example, no guns, this is simply to keep it easier to judge =)

so you have to create an original fight scene, this could be anything from a clan PK to you killing a duck. but it must be as original as posable.

the following areas will be judged:

- Originality, how original it is and how much it stands out

- Look, how good the final product looks

- Uniqueness, similar to originality, but then theres a difference, for example two people with similar ideas wont get as highly scored, or a pk could be put down a point or two. thast said this isnt that major a factor.

you can enter however you like as long as its 100% your own work, for example, you can pixel it, do a digi paint, cartoon, pen and paper, oil paint, whatever really, but your not allowed to use PS brushes or anything like that if you havnt made them. hmmm.... no brushes, it can be hard to tell what someone made.

i will need 2 more judges, so get in quick.

the comp will start when i feel i have enough entrants, there will only be one round so make it good first time!

you can post work here or pm it to me, and you can update it, but only send in finished work not WIP's, for example you think youve finished, but then the next day spot some mistakes, you may correct them, but no work will be expeted past the deadline. im going to be very strict about the deadline once its set.

once started the comp will last about a week

judges: (full, but liable to change as i feel appropirate)

PJB21

Gehackte

Faelenof

contestants:

star_in_the_sky

skullie_93

sylvawarrior

Tjbartz2009

flying_death_bombs55

runemetsa (posably)

DS

start:

NOW!

good luck!

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

I am about to write that I would like to be a judge, but I'm not going to, as I will probably totally forget about this contest. #-o

So all I will say, is: nice idea for a contest, and good luck everyone! ::'

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Could I be a judge please, PJB? :) Sounds like an interesting little comp, I'd love to see some good work. :D

I'd join myself but I don't have much time at the moment to pixel/digipaint anything great. :( If you don't have enough contestants and too many judges (as that happens a lot during these comps that ask for judges), I may be able to scrounge something up. :P

Thanks mate. :D

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

thanks for the replies, will update the first post, as yet all people have recived the positions they have asked for, but that may change depending on who i feel will be a good judge.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

thanks for entering, please advatise this to any of your friends so we can get the best comp going, any friends that draw well in RL bring them along tot he forum if they arnt here, this should be an awsome comp if many people enter =D

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

the idea is it has to be all your own work, so no edited screenies or anything, has to be 100% your own work.

ill add you to the list =)

and what i say runescape based that means with runescape items, sorry i wasnt that clear.

so no gredanes, sorry

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

thanks for joining =D

ill give it a couple more days see if anyone else joins, if not ill start it

so let all your friends know about it so they dont miss out!

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

I'm a "probably" and will most likely end up doing a pixel. few questions... 1: can i do an animation? 2:can we include 'scenes' from RS which arnt actually possible to do in the game, but where the objects in the 'scene' are found in the game? if that made sense? I have an idea, would love to do it.. just... yeah

:D

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

hey DS! yeah you can do that as long as its all made by you, so no game screenies or anything.

and with that, i shall anounce the comp open for 7 days, after a time to be set shortly i will accept no more entries.

if you read this please respond to say you have seen it, if not i will PM those who havnt just so they know.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

ugh i dunno if im going to finish in time. Ive only just finished the linework, and its 1300 x 600 pixels!

turtsigs2.jpeg

ugh i dunno if im going to finish in time. Ive only just finished the linework, and its 1300 x 600 pixels!

due to a kinda lack of people getting their work in i shall extend the time limit untill midnight (gmt) on the 20th (this friday)

but no more extentions!

hopefuly more time will allow people do do better work XD

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

yay! Ill be able to get it done! thats awesome... Have to try and finish a report for university as well lol. makes life much better cause i thought id have to drop out. now, i just hope my pic fits the theme properly!

turtsigs2.jpeg