Funniest thing that happen to you with a scammer?Come shoot!

sleepyboi

3 or 4 times, people have tried that scam "hey can i get a video of me killin u in wild plz? ill pay you." Everytime that has happened, I end up with 3 or 4 extra mystic tops and once with an extra 150k:p I also got one of the times on video :]

Incase anyone is unfamiliar with the scam, they ask you to let them kill you in the wild while you have your whip and (usually) say they'll pay you. when you're close to dead, they trade you 3 or 4 mystic robes (they will protect over your whip) and then finish you off.

so when they'd trade me.. I'd take the tops and tele.. one time I ate and ended up killing him:p I don't think I can get in trouble for the scam.. they were the ones trying to scam me.. and that hasn't happened in quite a while (whips were a lot more when these happened)

I once logged in only to find myself in lumby ( and i wasnt there before) so i quickly realised OMG! IVE BEEN H3Cxed!! I go to my bank. open it up.. and nothings gone except for my full rune.... i was like wtf? f2p scammer or something? i had a few mill worth of stuff in my bank and he didnt take.. i also had 500k cash (only 500k cause i just bought alot of steel bars) and he didnt even take that! i was like.. wow... that was a dumb scammer... :D

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Well...

I had just finished up a level 3 clue.

Junk as usual... 2 rune plates and other rune weapons, so I decided to hop to w1 to try and sell some of it.

I go there and someone's trading a rune skirt (t) for a rune plate. I check the price and the skirt is about 20k more than a plate. So, I trade him, sort of expecting a scam, but he just trades it to me. I think "cool, now to sell this thing".

I walked up to the (t) section of Varrock and get traded almost immediately. I had typed 100k for the skirt, and the guy instantly put up 1m. Right when I was about to click accept, up goes an earth staff. I think "great, another scammer." Before I exit the window, I notice the 1m is still there... and he's accepted... (all this happened in a very short time). So, I click accept, he accepts again really fast, and so do I.

Best level 3 clue I've had. And it was junk lol.

PS: I still have the earth staff lol.

Someone who tried to scam me out of lobs actually gave me full price after I called them out on it

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!

I once logged in only to find myself in lumby ( and i wasnt there before) so i quickly realised OMG! IVE BEEN H3Cxed!! I go to my bank. open it up.. and nothings gone except for my full rune.... i was like wtf? f2p scammer or something? i had a few mill worth of stuff in my bank and he didnt take.. i also had 500k cash (only 500k cause i just bought alot of steel bars) and he didnt even take that! i was like.. wow... that was a dumb scammer... :D

Lol? Either a noob hacker or just sheer luck...lucky you =D>

runemsanta,zzzprozzz.gif

Alright another funny thing happen today.

Was trying to buy a runeaxe for one of my friends, and i noticed someone selling it for only 8k. It was a great deal so i traded him like nuts and finally got into the trade.

As expected...the "runeaxe to mithaxe trick" :wall: i have seen it like a zillion times-this stupid scam...

but i was rather bored so i started to be a pest and started to irritate that guy...and guess what!he trade me and sold the runeaxe for 8k!! :lol:

Stupid scammers \'

runemsanta,zzzprozzz.gif

Level 40 Scammer: Hi

Me: Hi

Scammer: R U member

Me: Nope

Scammer : oooo, I want u to b in my clan, I can give u free member if u want.

Me: Really now?

Scammer: [incriminating evidence]All u need to do is give me ur pass and then I make u member, and give u tons of free stuff[/incriminating evidence]

I Report him

Scammer: Ok so wats your pass

Me: Giving fake pass "Chickenliver"

Scammer logs out

Havent seen him online since. This was 1 and a half years ago. :XD:

Well i was buying some coal and the guy scammed me with iron iw as ina rush so i jsut kept clicking only like 500k lose o well Then i ask my mod bud to come and not talk and see what happens.

So he scams the mod out of 100k o well i payed him back but then the mod talked and said you've been reported. Then he liek frooze i guess with fear and then Mr.hyde came and killed him and i ended up with 12k coal and 20k iron and over 3m but i gave half to the mod since he was uber ownage dude!

Haha noob scammers

Right...

Pasty.png

I once was holding a chisel, cutting some gems i got from randoms. I see a guy doing the "free lobs show inventory" scam. I trade him the chisel, and he puts up the lobs. For some unknown reason, he accepts the trade...I think he forgot how the scam worked. #-o

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I was selling something, (forgot what), and the person kept putting the money up, clicking accept, and on the last trade screen, decline. He did this 3 times before I asked, "What are you doing!!!" He said, "I'm trying to scam you! Duh!"

Awkward.

CAINE9MV.jpg

It's Good To Have Good Friends

I once was holding a chisel, cutting some gems i got from randoms. I see a guy doing the "free lobs show inventory" scam. I trade him the chisel, and he puts up the lobs. For some unknown reason, he accepts the trade...I think he forgot how the scam worked. #-o

I was in camelot and this guy was doing the FREE SHARKS show inventory he puts up 28 unnoted sharks i put up what i had in inventory 10k or so and 3 nats (I was alching and i guess i ran out of Bows) He accepts and then he says this to me

HEY!

I think he forgot how it works also #-o

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Someguy in edge said his friend was at MB and wanted to buuy my green mask and 5 mystic tops from me. He said to note the tops and come to the ardy tele, he was waiting with the money. ( He knew I had the mystic sets cuz I was merching mystic at the time, *sigh* what a failed merching experiment.) I said "Ok, but can I bring some friends? They have mystic stuff they can sell also" Then he said: "Ok, he's coming to MB get ready to Pk him... .OH **** THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN PM!!!!!!!" Own3d.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Someguy in edge said his friend was at MB and wanted to buuy my green mask and 5 mystic tops from me. He said to note the tops and come to the ardy tele, he was waiting with the money. ( He knew I had the mystic sets cuz I was merching mystic at the time, *sigh* what a failed merching experiment.) I said "Ok, but can I bring some friends? They have mystic stuff they can sell also" Then he said: "Ok, he's coming to MB get ready to Pk him... .OH **** THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN PM!!!!!!!" Own3d.

LOL! thats even funnier than the guy who was playing the trust game (high level i forgot) and he said oops wrong account

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

:-k Some people cant even scam right #-o

I mean the scam of one guy "buying" the whip for 3.6 million(offered cheap ring). Another guy was 2 steps away. He was buying the ring for 3.6 million. A mod was in the bank :shame: People had to tell the mod he was scamming. But yet he didnt mute them. They were even auto typing (who can type over 40 words, include a flash1+wave, and do it in 2 sec :-s

Also This one guy offered me a piece of a console you get in the monkey madness hanger. He wanted my whip. I offer him it and take it out. He accepts. Then he runs away saying "lol noob" :-k He Pm later and said "You scammed me out of my only scamming item ":-s I hate those people who make new level 3 accounts just not caring to lose them :-s

how does that scam work? cause the other day someone did that with yew longs and they kept declining and im like "wtf u said they were free"

Its deviously simple, and can be argued to not be a scam.

Basically, the scammer goes to a trading place where folks are trading expensive items, and says 'free stuff show inv'. You trade him, put up everything in your inventory, and the other guy puts up 28 free stuff. Then he accepts. You accept too, thinking you're getting free lobs. And voila, there goes your valuables (you traded them away).

Ive seen variations, with the scammers removing the exact number of the free stuff, to make it feel more convincing. Either way, just ignore them and move on.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I was selling a d axe, the guy puts up 2.7 like I ask. He declines and says 'oops'. So he trades me again and puts 6.5mil. I thought right away it was a scam so I was watching. I waited for him to accept first both times and he did. I'm still wondering what he did wrong to give me 6.5mil.

sigxp6.png

Someone tried to the wildy whip plus noted dragon battleaxes. So i go along with it, and I bring a low alchemy spell to the wild. I run to the wilderness(no ditch then) and I pick up the 4 dbaxes. I low alched one, so I got 3 free dragon battleaxes lol.

why u low alched 1 ?

Not sure if this is answered. Low alch is just One flash, so it takes about 1/3 the time. He did this so when the pker/lurer killed him he'd still keep the axes beacuse there was 3. If there were 4 they'd be dropped because the would cheating. (Getting 4 items when you can only keep 3)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m