WE WANT RSC BACK! POST HERE!

Yunatao

• 5 months later...

The reason why you can't play RSC is because you've never played it. It's not that great anyways, all you do is walk very slowly, kill things very slowly, and sleep every 10 minutes.

And stop whining about them not letting you have it your way. The DB for RSC holds only the old accounts, and JaGeX doesn't want to add more accounts.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I go on break for a little while and I find runescape classic to be gone?! This is so wrong! Runescape classic made what runescape 2 is today.

The T-model made Fort what it is now. Last time I was looking for a car to buy I didn't see any for sale however. Should I complain to Ford or actually take a time thinking why they don't sell them anymore? Hmm... Maybe the same reasons and principals could apply in RSC too?

First of all, RSC is just a waste of money to Jagex now. The number of active players who only pay RSC is relatively low and with the server costs, customer support (cc billing for example) and real work wasted on it Jagex most likely is barely breaking even with it. Add that to the cheap and illegal "private servers", small legal player "community" and constant begging for RSC it's a huge surprise that they didn't close it one year ago.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

u all can play the game we loved so much. just search the web and you will find a solution 8-) \' dont look for jagex to do anything for it .. watch the development scene.

Runescape Classic only ~ *
---------------------------------------------------------

D A V I [107] - main, D A V__I [85] - pure

davigifaustinrut.gif

I wish i could get back on RS-Classic too.

First off as for people who complain about the apparent "whinging" of RS Classic, you may notice that the point of this forum is to debate, and the topic is RS Classic in this particular section. Ergo, debating about RS Classic does include the point of bringing it back. So if you can't grasp that concept, keep your nose out of the thread, because this is what the forum section is for.

Back to the point, i agree that they should take down this thing where you have to have played within 6 months for you to be able to access it. It's absolutely absurd, i play RS2 now but the chance to go back on RS Classic to play on my old accounts and maybe even pk would be something i'd relish. It was such a basic game but sometimes, the more simplistic a game is, the better. I certainly think that's the case for classic. It's a relic which should be available for people to see.

Cris_P_J_999.png

• 3 months later...

The current RSC world is way too big for 100-400 active *total* players (the likely amount if RSC was suddenly brought back. Even currently, both servers have about 50 people online at a time.

To make the game even slightly reasonable, the maps would have to be tweaked to what they were in about 2001-2002; Small enough to make the game interesting for a small group of people.

I don't see any other reason prohibiting Jagex from profiting from an old game (just like Blizzard still profits from Diablo I, which is a 11-year old game, by upkeeping it's battle.net services; There are still a few hundred people in the world buying the game every day).

The only obstacles would be the ones Hohto mentioned: Customer/billing support, & on top of that, keeping macroers in check. A lot of you are forgetting why the 6-month rule was eventually added after the versions split: Automi­ners­/other bot users. At best, Jagex could offer a service that guarantees no CS whatsoever, and playing against botters at your own risk.

(To me and a lot of players, that'd be enough for nostalgia's sake, but a headache for other players who want an honest & smooth gaming experience)

If these little kids come from rs2 to rsc, they would only cry and quit because us rsc players will only come and control runescape like before, and make them go play a non strategy verison of runescape and call themselves "true runescaper". I laugh when I hear "legend" to some [developmentally delayed] i've never heard of or seen.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

as paying costumers of jagex, we should never had allowed them to remove characters that havn't logged in over 6 months

honestly it was depressing when it happened because i realized that the time i spent molding my character, even the cash spent for p2p, was forever gone

Shakazulu ~ Member of Clan Jaguar since April 2002

Clan Jaguar ~ 7 years as of July 12th

27 Minute Slideshow Tribute to Clan Jaguar

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=6CCGLAJI

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, at this point I feel I should point out that the only reason people keep begging for RSC back is because of the usual nostalgia thing, and the current lack of noobs as compared to runescape. If RSC was released today for the first time, I guarantee there would be a rather smaller number of people interested. I played RSC. I'm playing RS2 now. There is not much that could be said to be "better" about RSC, except perhaps the community and added "Difficulty." And the difficulty just takes the form of being forced to spend even more meaningless hour training.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

Y'know, at this point I feel I should point out that the only reason people keep begging for RSC back is because of the usual nostalgia thing, and the current lack of noobs as compared to runescape. If RSC was released today for the first time, I guarantee there would be a rather smaller number of people interested. I played RSC. I'm playing RS2 now. There is not much that could be said to be "better" about RSC, except perhaps the community and added "Difficulty." And the difficulty just takes the form of being forced to spend even more meaningless hour training.

Get a clue.

• 4 weeks later...