The Legend of the Seventh Brother

Killy_the_Kid

Most of you know the Barrows brothers, Ahrim, Dharok, Guthan, Karil, Torag, and Verac. But nobody ever said Mr. and Mrs. Barrows only had 6 children. Legends speak of a seventh tomb, located in the center of the Wilderness. The tomb was separated from its brothers because of an unspeakable evil that brother comitted. That spot was named the Hero's Memorial, yes, but only to hide away the death that came from venturing inside, and to give the image of respect. The story is like this...

The Barrows were a happy family, seven healthy children, caring parents, and the Dark Times were over. When the parents were aged and the boys were young men, peace was broken. An evil lord attacked the kingdom they lived in with a secret army and overwhelmed the royal family, and took over the land. The brothers, along with many others, fashioned their own armor and weapons, which the brothers were very skilled at. Verac chose the flail for his free spirit; Ahrim's staff for his wisdom; Karil's crossbow for his calm demeanor; Guthan's spear for his boldness; Torag's hammers for his piety; Dharok's greataxe for his bravery; and the seventh's for his skill. They rebelled and defended their homeland valiantly with these great weapons.

One day, deep into the war, an enemy battalion slaughtered the brothers' allies and parents, leaving them the only ones left. The death of their parents enraged the brothers with a vengence that would last beyond death. They decided to infiltrate the lord's castle, and deal one last blow. They left their home and stragetically evaded enemy squads, swerving through the Wilderness until they reached a little hut a few hundred paces from the castle. Inside, they met a sorceress who asked what they were doing so deep in, and they explained the story. The sorceress saw them as the protectors of the land, and decided to enchant their armor with individual spells. The brothers thanked the woman, and returned to their quest.

When they reached the castle, they deftly sneaked past the many quards, and silently killed the ones who couldn't be avoided. Through winding hallways and disorientating passages, the seventh brother got seperated from his brethren while they traversed the dark halls, and was captured by an elite group of special operations soldiers. They brought him to the throne room, where the lord intereggated the brother, but his lips kept tight. Realizing that method wasn't working, he tried persuasion. He offered him riches, power, and respect, which broke the will of the brother, and he joined the lord's side, planting a seed of evil deep inside his soul...

The six others searched for their lost brother, but could not find him. Dissapointed, yet determined, they found their way to the throne room. They opened the large, heavy doors to find the lord alone with the seventh brother by his side. The lord said, "Welcome to my fortress. I'm afraid you must all die now." With that, he tapped his staff on the floor, and a squadron of archers appeared behind a curtain. The six brothers realized what had happened to the seventh, and with no words, they attacked the lord. The archers fired, and Ahrim and Verac were killed instantly. An arrow hit Guthan, but he went on. Karil aimed a shot straight at the the lord's head, but was killed before he touched the trigger. Torag and Guthan both swung at the lord, but Torag missed and Guthan stabbed his leg. Guthan was hit another time, and Torag was killed. Dharok, with tears streaming, swung his Greataxe and killed the lord. His chest heaving, the archers stopped firing. The seventh brother advanced on Dharok, raised his weapon, and coldly struck down Dharok. He then walked over to the half-alive Guthan, and killed him. He ordered some scouts to return the bodies to the people of the neighboring kingdom. The people heard of the war, sent an elite team of warriors over, and defeated the army. The seventh brother was captured alive, and brought to the royal palace. The king decided the punishment would be an ancient method unused for 2,153 years which is too horrible for words. They buried his body in the center of the Wilderness, and went home trying to forget all the horrors that happened.

I fear after sending this message, many foolish adventurers will attempt to explore the grave, find this unknown brother, and battle with him, only to meet his death in the same way the brother did.

HEED MY WARNING. Do not enter the tomb, do not even get near it.

For those who defy my words, may Saradomin have mercy on your soul as you seek...

____________________ Cyrus the Cursed

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez guys it's just a freakin story come on. The odds of me finding someone there when there's 144 worlds is well 1 in 144 im not gonna be there

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

General Discussion isn't the place for half-baked attempts at rs fiction stories

Plus why mr and mrs barrows? I doubt the barrows brothers are genetic brothers.

More Brothers in arms

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You know thier is actually a sort of barrow in wilde?

On a hill somewere theres a tomb or two

Would be a cool new barrows, kill a lvl 536 monster that range melees and mages. Every kill has a definate barrows item drop. single combat like the regular barrows. Would be hard to kill plus a pker heaven.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I fear after sending this message, many foolish adventurers will attempt to explore the grave, find this unknown brother, and battle with him, only to meet his death in the same way the brother did.

The brother battled himself to death? :-k

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

But nobody ever said Mr. and Mrs. Barrows only had 6 children.

1) Their last name is not Barrows. A Barrows or Barrow is a mound of dirt covering a tomb.

2) They are biological brothers as stated in the KB, but the KB does say there were only 6.

Legends speak of a seventh tomb, located in the center of the Wilderness. The tomb was separated from its brothers because of an unspeakable evil that brother comitted. That spot was named the Hero's Memorial

If he was condemed why would it be a Hero's Memorial? :-w

dawnsigblue-3.png

Whew. Made an awesome story. That should stop the flaming. Please reread it.

I'm a lil tired now.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

~ Freddie Mercury ~

1) Their last name is not Barrows. A Barrows or Barrow is a mound of dirt covering a tomb.

YEP

EXACTLY

(I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIKE USING CAPS LOCK)

YEP

EXACTLY

(I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIKE USING CAPS LOCK)

LMAO! I ALMSOT FELL OF MY CHAIR!

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Okay! I get it! I don't need three people to tell me Barrows wasn't their last name, and for those who say the Hero Memorial crap, in the very first paragraph it says clearly why. Read before you post.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

~ Freddie Mercury ~

they put a heros memorial to hide the disrepsect?

That is illogical

If your child commited a great evil and then was buried in the wilderness u'd be far more likely to leave no gravemarker to hid the dis-respect rather than plonk a great big memorial on it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They wrote Hero's Memorial so that anyone who wanted to fight Cyrus would instead see Hero's Memorial, pay their respects, and leave. Do you need any more clarification? :evil: :wall:

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

~ Freddie Mercury ~

Ok skirting round all the TECHNICAL errors of the story...It was...ok.

The combat wasn't good.

"He got this knife and he killed him."

That is how it sounded.

Although the idea of a seventh brother is quite interesting the story did not reflect this.

"He was captured and they broke his spirit"

That is my summary version and its only just shorter.

On the plus side, the ideas are good, if a bit half-baked.

I would recommend that you look at the story, and enhance certain aspects of it. Such how he was broken.

That all aside there is one other thing which I can defend you on.

Monuments are put up for two reasons, to honor and to protect.

If you have a big well, which is for some reason your God, then you would put up monuments to make sure that people knew it was a God.

If you have a big well, and it is not your god, then you put up a monument that says 'stay away'.

Also if you just buried a body out in the middle of the wildernesse the chances are that someone will find it, some day. If something is hidden it will be found. So therefore by putting a monument up they are remember as a tyrant, rather than some bones, which may belong to a great warrior.

So by putting up a monument they are making sure that it is not confused...In the same way that the Pentagram is remember as a sign of the devil. The church made sure people knew it was evil, even though it was not, and so those who practiced the occult with it were not actually summoning the devil....pretty sneaky.

So something is remember...as Hitler was...as a great evil doer.

Whereas

Something is remembered...as Ceaser was...as a great hero.

In actual fact they were both mass murders, who for a time, made their country very powerful. The only major difference is that Ceaser killed people first hand, were as Hitler sent others to do it...

So it is a matter of how someone is remembered. History is part Fact, part Opinion.

You can say that Hitler was a good leader, because he made his country great. You can say that Hitler was a bad leader, because he plunged his country into a great war, which he lost.

The facts only go so far.

In the story:

Cyrus was a great warrior, who broke into the castle, in an attempt to kill the Lord.

Cyrus was a great warrior, who defended the Lord against rebel invaders.

Its opinions, and they chose the opinion that he was a defender, not an invader. Although it had less truth in that is what they chose, as Kid said:

They wrote Hero's Memorial so that anyone who wanted to fight Cyrus would instead see Hero's Memorial, pay their respects, and leave.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I think the story should be a little longer, according to the guy above me ( if that's what he meant :shock: ). I'll focus more on the castle part, before they found the lord, and before and after Cyrus got separated.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

~ Freddie Mercury ~

• 4 weeks later...